Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
July Cycle Chicks
nordygirl33 posted:
Hi Girls,

I figured it would be nice to start a July Cycle Chicks. A few of us started chatting on the June Cycle Chicks board, but now we can move over to this one and continue our conversations. Anyone is welcome to join in:)

Just a little about me:
My name is Nicole and I have been through two rounds of Clomid and had one IUI done last month (June 6th).

My AF arrived June 23rd and I was all set to start my 3rd round of Clomid, but the Dr. had advised me that we won't be doing the Clomid, Ovidrel and IUI this time, b/c my estrogen levels were at 200 and I had 2 mature eggs on my right ovary (left over from previous cycle). He told me to start OPK testing on Day 3 of my cycle, b/c I may ovulate a week early this month. I got a positive LH surge on Day 5 of my cycle and ovulated around day 6 or 7. My AF is due to arrive by Tuesday, July 12th (a week early). If it doesn't show by then they want me to come in for a pregnancy test. I am having ovary cramping on both sides and have a strong feeling AF is on her way.

I look forward to talking with you girls and wish us all lots and lots of Baby Dust

kmf09 responded:
Great idea. I didn't get in on the June Cycle board.

My name is Kristin. I am on CD 12, and my second round of Clomid. I have been trying since March of last year. I did have a miscarriage back in late August, and have been unable to get pregnant again. My doctor has prescribed 50 mg of Clomid for 3 months.I was started on the Clomid because I had a low progesterone level. I am doing the OPK's this month. I don't know why I didn't do them last month, but I didn't! So far no smiley face on the OPK, praying though it will come in the next few days. Or at least this cycle.

Hope for all of us that this is going to be the month we all get Positives! That would be wonderful! Best of luck to you all!

kmf09 responded:
Nicole, Maybe you are pregnant and having cramping. I know when I was pregnant I swore I was getting AF. Even when I knew I was pregnant, I was convinced it was still on its way. Good luck to you. Keep busy this weekend. Hope Tuesday brings great news for you!

Hoping4thebest11 responded:
Hi all, I'm Marianne. I am on my 3rd round of clomid and iui. This cycle I was put on 150mg and yesterday went for my day 12 ultrasound and we saw 3 follicles that were 21, 20, and 19 so I am excited for good things. I am currently doing the opks each morning. No surge yet but I expect one over the weekend and will therefore have my iui then too. Good luck and baby dust to all this month. Let's get plenty of BFPs!!!

nordygirl33 replied to kmf09's response:
Hi Kristin,

I am so sorry about your miscarriage. Both my sister and step sister had one and I remember how upset they were, but now the one has 2 boys and my sister is due Sep 28th with a girl:) There is always light at the end of the tunnel.

Marianne actually had started this last month and it was great b/c 2 girls got BFP that month, so let's hope this time all our July cycle Chicks get our happy stick (that is my new thing to call it) lol. It is great to have this also b/c we can all help each other through the 2 week wait and even after.

You should get a smiley face soon. Have you been baby dancing every other day? My Dr. said that if my AF comes this month to start baby dancing every other day starting cycle day 8 or 9 to the 16th or 17th day (wow that is allot of baby dancing), but hey if it increases my chances then why not?

I really hope this is our month too and we can all share Happy news with each other.

Baby dust to us all!!!

Hi Kristin,

I am having the cramping still:( and hope it isn't AF, but my like it will be. I am going to try and keep busy this weekend and hope it doesn't consume me. Do you have any fun plans?

Thank you so much

nordygirl33 replied to Hoping4thebest11's response:
yayyy!!!!!!!!!!! Hope we all get great news this month. Let us know how it goes this weekend.
Baby Dust

kmf09 replied to nordygirl33's response:
Hi Nicole

Thanks for the encouragement. My best friend had a miscarriage and now has a little boy. I know there is hope-but sometimes it seems like actually getting pregnant again is never going to happen.

Well, as far as you, I hope that your cramping is because you're pregnant. Keep positive! I know it's easier said than done, but try! My doctor also had told me to baby dance every other day kind of on that same schedule. I know girls who have only done that for a week and got pregnant first try-lucky, huh?

No fun plans for me for the weekend. I'm a nurse and work 12 hr night shifts. Unfortunately I am on this whole weekend. Go figure-just my luck to get the opk now! It's ok though, we have our schedule down!

Well I hope you enjoy your weekend. I know despite what plans you have, it will be on your mind. But at least try to have fun!

kmf09 replied to Hoping4thebest11's response:
Hi. That is great news! I got my surge day14 And day 15-still trying to figure out why 2. Maybe I got the first on the way up-they were 24 hrs apart. Good luck to you! I hope this month brings us all woderful things!

It is so common having a miscarriage, but it always ends with a happy story and I am sure soon enough you will be a mommy:)

The cramping is still going on and I am trying not to read into things too much, especially b/c my Dr. said this cycle was so out of wack not to go crazy. I am so anxious for Tuesday to come, so I can see what happens. Either way the sooner the better I find out b/c if AF arrives I can start planning out for this month and if it doesn't come well I will be jumping for joy lol. They say the first trimester is the crucial part, so I also know not to get to to excited (easier said then done) b/c just in case something goes wrong.

Wow you must be exhausted , but being a nurse is a great field to be in.

I have a BBQ tomorrow and have had enough of these b/c I am eating like a piggy haha. No way to diet when you keep being invited places.

Keep doing it every other day and my fingers are crossed that you get a BFP this time!!!

I'll keep you updated
Baby dust

Anon_165624 responded:
Hey Nicole

Im here hoping the best for you in this cycle, ive been good i am currently on day 23 and no clomid needed to take a break from the last two rounds. Maybe the cramping is a good sign the other two girls that got BFP's had cramping too. My AF is but next week the 16th and i am expecting her.

How are u doing?

Baby Dust

nordygirl33 replied to Anon_165624's response:
Hi Tara,

Thank you.

I am trying not to get my hopes up b/c my cycle has been so weird this month, but will see what happens. I still have the AF cramps and moody as can be, but like you said the other two girls also had the cramping, so you really never know.

That was good that you took a break from Clomid. My Dr. had two patients that he did that with and they both came in the same day pregnant:) Don't give up hope b/c AF may not come. Did you baby dance around the right days? How are you feeling today?
Baby dust!!!

Hoping4thebest11 replied to kmf09's response:
Thanks for your reply! I couldn't agree more - good luck to all of us. Sending baby dust your way and saving some for myself as well! Let's get some good news soon!

Anon_165624 replied to nordygirl33's response:
Hi Nicole,

Well thats good to know..lol, i actually baby dance alot this month i dont know what was in the air but there was a spike..lol, Thats true too it still could happen but i dnt try to focus on it then i start to get anxious and right now im pretty calm. Im feeling ok today think i could be getting a lil sick tho im sneezing a lil more then often. How are you doiing? the 12th is the big day you go get tested.I hope you have good news.

Baby Dust

nordygirl33 replied to Anon_165624's response:
Hi Tara,
good girl lots and lots of baby dancing is great!!! I am sending you baby dust and the other girls and hope all get a BFP!!

As for me not good news. I woke up this morning with the stuff that normally comes right before AF:( I called and left voice message with Dr. to see what I should do now. Why go in for a pregnancy test when I know it will be negative you know? I really wish i could just try the Injectables and skip the last round of Clomid, but my hubby said you have to follow the Dr's lead and not skip ahead. Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh that is all I have to say lol. Well please keep me updated on how you are doing. Hope you feel better too
Baby Dust

Spotlight: Member Stories

The recent miscarriage has torn me apart so much that i feel depressed.. Then to top things off, the next few months i was diagnosed with blood clots...More

Helpful Tips

Helpful Tips
AF-Aunt Flo BFN- Big Fat Negitive BFP- Big Fat Positiove EWCM- Egg White cervicle Mucus CM- Cervial Mucus LMP- Last menstral Period BBT- ... More
Was this Helpful?
27 of 28 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.