Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
August Cycle Chicks!
BabyParks posted:
I went ahead and made this discussion since it's only a few more days til August! I am anxiously awaiting to see if AF will show up or not! I may find something out the first of August, we'll see! Baby dust to us all!

livelaughmoe responded:
Thinking about you!

nordygirl33 responded:
I am also awaiting AF to arrive and hope she doesn't come. If AF isn't here by 8/8, then I will go in for a test.

Tomorrow is your day!!! How are you feeling? Any signs of AF at all? Wishing lots of baby dust for us all.
me (33) hubby (37) TTC for a year. Did 3 rounds of Clomid and just had my 2nd IUI on July 23rd, now in the 2WW.

BabyParks responded:
Hey Nicole, Today has been quite a crazye day for us! We ventured over to New Jersey and then rode the subway to New york! Might I add we've never done that before and were alone and did not know where we were going and couldn't even figure out how to get our ticket for subway!! It was just me, my husband and son and it was crazy! I knew it would be very crowded but we had heard on sunday it wasn't as busy. Well to us it was busy, LOL! We should have just rode the ferry from liberty park over to see statue of liberty then taken a ferry over to NY that way, would have been so much easier but we were worried we might not make it back by 7:30pm and that was the last time for the ferry. But we were back to our motel by then today,lol! We were so exhausted and it was an experience I will never forget but I love my quiet life and am not used to such a busy lifestyle, I am sure had I grown up around it, I would be so accustomed to it, but it's just different than what we are used to back home! We did enjoy seeing times square and we went to the Rockefellar Center and went up to 70th floor so that was neat! Parker did ok, he wanted down aloot and we could NOT let him down because he runs all over the place. We have a backpack to keep him from running off with a tail but I still wouldn't let him down on the streets in NYC I was just too scared he might dart off in the street. We went in Toys R Us and he got to run around in there and enjoyed that, then went in the M&M store and he loved that, it's his favorite candy! We had a stroller with us so we just made him ride most of the time, but he really likes to be about and is very mobile I think my favorite part was riding with the taxi bicycle guy all the way from 48th street back to the Path subway then ended up back in jersey but not where we got on the subway to begin with so we had to walk and finally found a nice man and asked him and he showed us the other Path entrance and that was the one we needed close to where we had parked our car. I was very stressed and nervous at first but after the first few minutes being there I was able to relax and realized we weren't going to die or get hit by a taxi cab, just had to be extra cautious!!! Still no AF even tho I haven't had much time to think about that between our rental car taking 2 hours yesterday and our lost luggage we got back last night, it's been quite the trip with an almost 2 year old who was so ready to get some where and get settled down. Finally we got to our room here in Pennsylvania and it is really big and nice, it's a suite his work paid for so parker can run around and have alot of room to play! We are going swimming tomorrow and to Crayola factory and then hershey park end of the week! I am not too much worried about AF these last few days honestly! All I can keep thinking is what if I had another baby right now and had 2 to keep up with in this air port or new york today so i know God knows what he is doing and what I can and can't handle may be different from what he thinks! I am keeping positive but think after this month a few month break and surgery may be what's in store for me. If he is 3 when we have our next one that would be awesome, or if he is 2 1/2 I will be super excited too! I just need to relax and enjoy what I have and the last thing on my mind these past 2 days was being pregnant for once and that was a good feeling even due to the situations If I start I figure it will be soon, I am not going to test I decided So I may just wait it out longer til I do start! I really feel like I will start and I am ok with that now. I am praying for you tho and that you don't start and MISS AF stays far away and you are preggo now Any symtpoms? I have none other than the lower back pain probably due to carrying around all our stuff past few days

nordygirl33 replied to BabyParks's response:
I am so happy you were able to go and see NYC. Yes it is a bit overwhelming , but so much fun stuff to do there. Parker must have had a blast! Hershey Park is my favorite place and you will love it. where are you from? I live in NJ, so am so used to the craziness lol.

It's great that you have been so busy and not really able to think about AF. I understand 100% about what you are saying with having 2. It is not easy, but you make it work. God does have a plan for each and every one of us and whether it be now or later for us to have a baby only time will tell.

I am not having AF symptoms really, but my Dr. told me not to read into my cycle anymore b/c of the fertility meds and that symptoms of PMS and pregnancy are so similar. I have been noticing some twinges on my right ovary and that has happened before my AF in the past:( My best bet is to just ride it out like you and see what happens. We had a good run this month, the best yet, so now all I can do is wait. When exactly is AF due to come for you? I still have 8 days left of this 2WW.

If this doesn't work they move me onto injectables and IUI. Not really looking forward to that, so hoping we don't need to do it.

Hope you enjoy the rest of your trip and buy some yummy choc. at Hershey:)
Baby dust
me (33) hubby (37) TTC for a year. Did 3 rounds of Clomid and just had my 2nd IUI on July 23rd, now in the 2WW.

BabyParks replied to nordygirl33's response:
Hey, I am on cycle day 29 now as this is tuesday now since I am up so late. I've got to get in bed. AF could come anywhere from now til day 33 or later. On a cycle off of clomid I start around 25-30 days but on clomid it is much longer so I could go all the way til August 6th I guess. I could probably test now and get a positive but I just don't want to.I really am to the point right now that I will be ok if I am not pregnant right now. It just isn't time if we aren't and I am ok with that now. I know he has a plan for us and I pray he has already made you a sweet little mommy!!! I am still not too much worried about AF now, I was about 4 days ago but since all that's happened it's not been on my mind much at all. I will try to stay busy here and going to Hershey park will be fun! We will be home on August 6th the day before our 7 year anniversary so August 7th I think brad has something special planned for me He just won't flat out say it! I can't believe it's been 7 years! I am excited to hear from you in a few days! I wish you could just test and know now, but I know how it is to test and waiting will be better for us both I think! Another BFN is not something your heart needs to go thru especially if it was really Positive and just too early to show up!

We are from Alabama!! So my hubby has already gotten asked where we are from several times from ppl because he talks country compared to here, I guess. I am sure I do also. I hope you are preggo, if you find out the 8th what cycle day will that be on?? I am praying for you this week BABY DUST!!!!

BabyParks replied to BabyParks's response:
Hello just wanted to let you know I started today! I am ok with it and not sad at all but it is here! I hope yours does NOT start...baby dust to you!

oh:( I am sorry. You have a great outlook on everything and with that it will help you become pregnant even faster. The less stress the better right?

I know your day will come and when it does you will be thrilled:) I am here for you any time you need to chat.

Baby dust

Hey nicole, How are you feeling today? i am anxious to find out if you are preggo! I am so wishing you could test and just know now but I know you can't do that I am doing ok, I mean of course deep down I do want another baby but I try to talk myself out of it! I started today around 1pm and then noticed it has tappered off and now has stopped so I got my hopes up and thought well maybe I could still be. And so I decided to just ease my mind so I wouldn't second guess and test and it was negative so that settled it. I will just take some time off and see what happens next. I am thinking surgery will be the next option! I don't want to give up on a baby but know it's just not the right time for us. When it is time I will be so excited and happy and probably just cry and cry! I know you have waited for that day too and I am praying you get your turn this time

Thank you so much for checking in on me. I am feeling good just anxious. I don't want to test, b/c it never works out to be good news. Honestly I am just going to wait and if by Monday it still hasn't come, then I will go to my Fertility Dr. to have a test done.
As far as symptoms go there really isn't anything happening now. The cramping went away, which is good. It wasn't hurting at all just annoying. Every now and then i will get a little twinge , but nothing bad.

I am so sorry that AF came, but like you said it will happen and when it does you will be so happy.

I had a talk with myself and decided if AF comes it will be ok. It takes time for these Dr's to learn your cycle and figure out the best treatment for us. I will just look forward to having my day and not focus on the bad.

Of course I will let you know what happens next week or if AF arrives sooner.

Baby dust!!!

Keep on praying for me

I carry the St. Gerard fertility card with me, so hoping it works eventually.

I am glad you are feeling good! I know you don't want to test and I don't blame you one bit, its a huge let down! I will be praying for you! Maybe twinges are a sign, a good sign!

I am not worrying about it at all this month I am just going to relax because I am having surgery August 25th to make sure everything is good with me. Then DH may have to have surgery depending on if he needs to have the varicocele repair. My fertility dr. didn't know if it would help his motility any to have it repaired or not. So it's like what do we do, She today when she called me back that we treat patients with motility issues with IUI so the IUI should be fine. They said i could either have a few more IUI's with clomid and shot but he suggested having the HSG before doing any of that. I told her I was going to have surgery with a pain center I've been seeing since last month! They specialize in Pain management for pelvic pain and things I deal with on top of infertility! I have lots of pain during my cycle and during intercourse too so it's something I am finally just going to have done to make sure nothings wrong on my part. While in there he said he will flush my tubes(which made me thrilled) its not the same as an HSG but I don't know what the difference is other than the HSG has dye and they would be able to see the blockage maybe but I am hoping since they are going in to look if i had a blockage in either of my tubes they would see it surely. I go August 16th for my pre op evaluation and I am making a list of stuff to ask and that is on there! So we are just going to take this month off, I mean we will try obviously but I am not going to think about it cause it probably won't happen without IUI and that's ok! After surgery I am hoping i can do an IUI in september but not sure how long i have to wait before doing another one. I hope not too long! I will be on cycle day 24 when i have the surgery and they said they will do a urine test before surgery to make sure i wasn't pregnant(which won't show up anyways i am sure) crazy dr.'s! Anyways I am hopeful they find at least something fixable, I don't want to find anything bad but endometriosis would be ok and would explain all of my pain maybe then they could just clean it out and I could try again I am not worrying tho, i am content with Parker and focusing on you all this month and hoping you are preggers and get to move on up in the 1st trimester boards, won't that be wonderful I am so sorry I am rambling now! I am glad you had a talk with yourself I do that alot and did that this month too! I decided 2 days before starting that it would be ok if i weren't and that i have my hands very full! I am praying for you tho! Keep in touch and keep busy!!!! What is a St. Gerard Card?

My friend gave me this fertility card and it says St. Gerard, so I carry it with me everywhere:)

I think it is great that you will be going to have this procedure done. Hopefully soon after you will get your BFP.

Did you have a nice vacation?

I have been having these really bad cramps and basically just awaiting the arrival of AF. Monday I have to call into the Dr. and figure out when to start taking the injectables, since we are no longer doing Clomid. This cycle will be doing injectables, trigger shot and IUI.

Everyone keeps asking why am I giving up this cycle, but the answer to that is a woman knows their body. I have no pregnancy symptoms at all, just all AF ones.

Hope you have a great weekend and I will keep you updated.
Baby dust to us all

Hey nicole, I have replied to you on other post but just wanted you to know I am still praying for you!

BabyParks replied to livelaughmoe's response:
how are you doing this week?

I am okay, just hoping it happens soon. I was so sad these past few days and am just trying to keep my head up. There are so many things going through my head as to why it didn't work, but all I keep hearing is there is only a 25% chance. Well then how come I can't be apart of that 25%?? I go tomorrow to talk to my Dr. about everything. We are trying on our own this month and hope it works b/c if not then we move on to shots. That is more involved and stressful.

How have you been doing? Taking a break from these meds is a good thing for us:) Let our bodies rest a bit haha.

Prayers and baby dust to us all

Spotlight: Member Stories

My husband and I have been married since October 2007 and have been actively trying to conceive off and on since then...with no luck. We always just t...More

Helpful Tips

Want to read "discussions" only?
Well that's easy too, on the left hand side you see many links one of them is "discussions", click on it and you'll only see the ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 23 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.