Skip to content
September Cycle Chicks
WisGirl24 posted:
Well, ladies...I think I'm out for August! Thought I'd get a jump on September and create a thread.

I was pretty sure I was pregnant this month - my 21 day progesterone levels were more than double than what they were last month. I am very impatient, so I've been testing since 10 dpo. All BFN's. Today is 13 dpo and last night I had some really annoying lower back pains and light cramps. I think AF is on her way.

Bummer! I hope the rest of you have better luck than me!
FirstPrevious12NextLast

Lopersgrl responded:
I am at a half way point right now. I go in for my CD21 progesterone test on Set. 6 and i am hoping for good news.. Hopefully September will be a good month for all of us..

Lots of baby Dust

BridgetBurke responded:
I think I'm out too. I was so hopeful this month would be it. I have had cramping and mild spotting for 2 days now. I know there's a possibility that I could be PG (I had similiar symptoms when I was PG with my DS.) so I am still trying to be optimistic, but I am trying to also ease myself to the possibility of a BFN. I had my first progestorone test on Friday which came back a 13.6 so I guess that's good news. At least I O'd so that's a step in the right direction. I should get AF on Saturday, but I think I will wait and take a test on Labor Day because I am maid of honor in a wedding on Sunday and don't want to be bummed out if I get a BFN. If I get AF at least I have the wedding to cheer me up. It's win-win.

Wishing lots of baby dust to the rest of you!

Here's looking forward to September, whatever it may bring. . .

Bridget.

BabyParks responded:
Well i know i am out so I am in with you guys. I had surgery so I know i am not preggers and I am on cycle day 7 now but can't BD with DH because of my surgery so great nwes i know. So this month is out too I guess. Won't be 2 weeks post op until next thursday which will be cycle day 14, Lovely so no BD this month I guess= no BFP which i feel wont happen anyways without IUI cause of hubbys sperms issues.
Baby dust to you all this month girls!

BabyParks replied to BridgetBurke's response:
Hey I don't think they are doing a 21 day progesterone test on me ever. What is that? They usually do ultrasound and blood work on like day 12 or 14 and this last time they did it on day 11 and did IUI on day 14 but no bloodwork or ultrasound after that point. Should I be getting those levels checked too? There is another fertility place that is about an hour away that might be better than where I am. I go to a dr. that is an RE and deal with fertility but maybe i'll just call and ask them why they aren't doing that? What is your cycle like on clomid with or without IUI? I go in for day 3 ultrasound/bloodwork get call back that everything looks good to start my clomid then day 12 or so go back in for blood work and ultrasound and depending on that he gives me trigger shot to make me ovulate and we either do IUI or timed intercourse, ect. but after that point I just wait until my next cycle start. I don't think he has ever checked me at 21 days. I know i have been tested on like day 18 tho because they checked to see if I did ovulate on the clomid 50mg and how i responded to it so I guess they did check me, I don't know. I am thinking this could be something needed to be done each cycle tho cause what if my progesterone was lower than needed to be or something was off. UGH here I am in my 4th round on clomid and just now asking this mess. Oh well. It is what it is and God will make it work when time

charlottexx responded:
im out of the august cycle i was so hopeful this month as it was my first attempt with clomid. very sad to feel AF playin her old tricks on me! it wouldntbe half as bad if i didnt convince myself every month that i was pregnant! stupid optimism!! anyway no time to be emotional now got to look forward to september cycle!!!
baby dust for everyone***

WisGirl24 replied to BabyParks's response:
Hi BabyParks. A blood serum progesterone test can be done 7 days after ovulation (which is usually around day 21 for most women) and will determine if you ovulated and if so, how strong of an ovulation you had. My levels were more than double this month than they were last time, so I thought for sure that meant I must be pregnant. Apparently, I just had a very strong ovulation as I had bloodwork done today to confirm that I'm not pregnant. Bummer! So, now I will stop taking Crinone (progesterone supplement) and wait for AF to arrive. Then, I'll start up again on 7.5 mg of Femara on days 3-7 of my cycle. Femara works just like Clomid, but better for me. My body was not responding to Clomid (50 or 100 mg) and I wasn't ovulating until day 29 on Clomid. With Femara, it is usually anywhere between days 13-15 and I don't have the side effects that I did with Clomid.

BabyParks replied to charlottexx's response:
sorry you started hoping next month with IUI and next step is right for you guys! Baby dust

BabyParks replied to WisGirl24's response:
Thanks for the advice. I wish they would monitor my progesterone closer, maybe i'll mention that when I go back end of september. I have to wait til then since I had surgery. Glad femara is working for you and you are ovulating that is a good sign. Baby dust to you next time!

Lopersgrl responded:
Well, got the CD21 progesterone test done yesterday and was told that i should hear the results today. I am trying to stay positive, but it is hard. Now, i am going t have to wait until around 4 this evening to find out if i ovulated and we all know that 4 hours is more like 4 days in the TTC world. Well wish me luck and good luck to all the women this month

Sending out lots of baby dust to those of us TTC and lots of sticky dust to those of us who already have

mandy32303 replied to BabyParks's response:
You would know if they were doing it b/c you have to test on day 21 and they draw blood. What do they do the us for? The next one you have will show your little pnut!

Sticky Vibes!

Mandy

livelaughmoe responded:
I just completed my fourth time taking Clomid 100mg, follicle studys on day 12 showed that my ovarys are enlarged, the right one specifically and show too large of follicles. She said I will most likely have to do sustain therapy (apparently go on birth control to mangage the size of my ovarys). I feel so frustrated and defective. I feel like what kind of women am I if I can't even have a baby!?! I am hoping that we still have a chance, which there is always a chance, especially this month. I would just cringe if I had to start birth control to straighten my ovarys out. Has anyone ever experienced this before?

Stenya responded:
Right now im on CD6 and in the middle of my second round of clomid (100mg this time around).

Before I had prepared myself for a negative pregnancy...but this time....im more concerned with a positive ovulation test. I took an OPK last month but it gave me a false positive which crushed me when the doctor broke the news. So here is to a high progesterone level...and hey maybe even a BFP!

BabyParks replied to mandy32303's response:
yeah they haven't been doing it then. Thanks for the info! I'll ask next time why he hasn't done it before. They do U/S to check to make sure my follicles look ok then do another ultrasound at first of cycle to make sure I did ovulate and no cyst ect. I don't think I will be preggers this month since hubby and I couldn't BD much but next month maybe with the IUI. I know it can happen but more hopeful and looking forward to the IUI and that hubby does not need surgery or anything further done

BabyParks replied to livelaughmoe's response:
I will be praying for you and hope you are able to get pregnant this month off of meds. I have a friend that did IUI with injectables and all kinds of things leading up to that and next month after saying that's it I am done, she got preggers so there is hope. I would do the birth control after if not pregnant tho cause they know how to get your cycles fixed so you will get pregnant faster. I've also heard of women getting pregnant right after coming off BC too. I have not experienced this before, maybe someone on here has before and can relate more.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My husband and I have been together since 2005. We have been married since 2008. We have been off birthcontrol since 2010. We have never had a BFP. My...More

Helpful Tips

Want to read "discussions" only?
Well that's easy too, on the left hand side you see many links one of them is "discussions", click on it and you'll only see the ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 23 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.