Skip to content
Taking a break from clomid
purple_escape posted:
Hey everyone! I'm new to all of this and thought I'd post my first discussion. My husband I have been trying to conceive since last August. In April of 2011, I was diagnosed with PCOS. We started our first round of clomid (50 mg) in July and no luck. I had an ultrasound on day 14 and no dominant follicles. Then again this past month, I started my second round, with an increased dose (upto 100 mg). On my ultrasound on day 13, my follicles showed 2 dominant follicles, one on each ovary. I was very excited and my husband and I did the bd almost every day for the next week and half. But I got AF today I hate to even ask for everyone's opinion about this, but we have the opportunity to travel to Australia this winter, and I sort of want to stop taking Clomid for the next few months. Has anyone had any experience with stopping the clomid for a few months? For the past year, having a baby has pretty much been the only thing on my mind. Every month I get my hopes up, only to find out it didn't work again. I know we've only been trying for a year, but I feel like I need a break to think about other things in our lives. Has anyone else taken a break from Clomid and then gone back to it a few months later? I haven't consulted my OBGYN, but thought I would get some other feedback first. Thanks!!!

BabyParks responded:
Yes I take breaks often in between each cycle actually. I should be able to start clomid back next month for IUI. In the process of trying for baby 2 I have been on and off of clomid since February 2011 and was on it for3 months straight came off 2 months and back on another month with IUI and still not pregnant so I took off time again for surgery and here I am waiting for next cycle to see what dr. suggest next. I think we all need a break from time to time. I have been TTC for 16 months now and I needed a break and am glad I took my mind off of trying for a while. I hope this helps and I hope you find peace in taking a break and you may just get pregnant on your break, you never know. I have friends that have had that happen to them. I haven't personally but after surgery I think I realize I had a few issues of my own and not just all hubby. I am thankful I went thru with surgery and can't wait for followup tom afternoon. Keep me posted on whatever you decide and much baby dust to you...

livelaughmoe responded:
I would think you would be able to. My doc is going stopping me from doing Clomid after 4 tries as it made my ovaries to large.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hello, My name is Nikki and I am 33 years old. I will be celebrating my 1 year anniversary June 12th 2011. My husband's name is Mike and he is 36....More

Helpful Tips

Want to read "discussions" only?
Well that's easy too, on the left hand side you see many links one of them is "discussions", click on it and you'll only see the ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 23 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.