Skip to content
Update on BabyParks
BabyParks posted:
I wanted to update you all on my progress. I am still hurting and it's been 4 weeks. I am going to the dr. tomorrow to make sure everything is ok. I don't know if I just didn't give myself enough time to heal before picking up DS or what. Since I did have more than the normal Laparoscopy I think that could be it. I had so much scar tissue and my uterus had to be suspended from falling after removing all the scar tissue from abdomen, uterus and bladder. And took appendix out so no wonder I am hurting I guess. They told me at my 2 week appt I was good and it was ok to pick him up but to just be careful and lift with legs. But I am still hurting and just took my last pain pill tonight(after C-section with son I only took 4 pain pill the entire time). I am hoping it's not serious or that I didn't do more damage. So please keep me in your prayers.

We don't think we are going to do Clomid with IUI this next cycle when I start. I am going to take one more month off to heal completely and I know that if it is supposed to be my month God will make it happen regardless and if not and he wants me to do Clomid and IUI next time that is what we will do. Thank you all for your support and prayers during this time. I appreciate it all more than you know. I appreciate each and every one of you on here and am praying for you all daily.

I am very hopeful that we will get our BFP in a few months. I am just trying to wait on the Lord's perfect timing. I just want it to all be in his will. Thank you all again and Baby dust to each of you this cycle!!!!

kmf09 responded:
Hi Baby Parks. Oh, I'm so sorry you are in pain. That is tough, especially bc you probably want to pick up your son and do things normally. Recovery is hard. I will pray for you that you are just in pain from that- and nothing else.

It's probably a good idea to wait this round only bc you're not 100%. I hope it will happen on your own this time. Maybe all you needed was your surgery. Keep us updated. absolutely praying for you!

Stenya responded:
Hi BabyParks,

Im glad your going to see the doctor. Its better to know now if something is wrong. I doubt there is, and your probably right about picking up DS a bit too early....but hey who could blame you!

Hang in there and keep us posted!

livelaughmoe responded:
Praying for you Babyparks!

BabyParks replied to kmf09's response:
Thank you so much for your prayers. Doctor said I am healing good, they did an ultrasound just to be sure and I did have a cyst but it was very small. My hubby told me yesterday that he really didn't want me to do any more clomid. And I just balled my eyes out because I feel like IUI is our only hope. I know i ovulate on my own but he has motility issues. I was more upset I think at the reason he wants me to stop. I agree with him tho. I mean my mother and grandma both had breast cancer so anything that has estrogen in it I stay away from usually but I think Clomid has it in it but I didn't research it enough. I honestly just thought I would take it one month and get pregnant, boy was I way wrong. Now I regret doing the last IUI and my husband had even tried to talk me out of it and just do the surgery before that but I wanted to just get pregnant and not have to do surgery I guess. As I look back I would love to be able to have surgery at first but you live and learn and I have to know that God had a reason it all worked out that way. I am going to speak with my breast center doctor before doing any more rounds. I go for ultrasounds each year until I am 35(then will do a baseline mammogram)and she would be the one that could tell me if Clomid is a bad choice. I mean I dont want to do anything to make my chances go up. Unfortulately I have already taken clomid a total of 5 times in my life but I know I have also taken birth control for several months until finally realizing I just couldn't take it mentally it was not good for me. Well anyways, long story short, here I am again not knowing what to do. I just wish and pray it would happen on its own but I just dont think it will. Hubby has an appt. next week to get his SA looked over again and his varicocele checked so hopefully after talking with his urologist he will realize he does have a motility issue. He told me last night, I am fine I think we need to try on our own for a while since you just had surgery. I was just devasted. I mean we have tried for 1 1/2 years already and while I do feel some of it is me I also think it is both of us. I know it only takes one sperm to make it and I just pray his motility is not a big enough issue to keep us from being able to conceive but I would feel better asking the urologist next week what he thinks. I am going with him to his appt. but I dont really want him to have surgery as I feel a dr. that specializes in this micro-surgically would be best and I dont know anyone around here that does this. So lots to think about and pray about. I am not giving up on this baby 2 yet but I was very very upset and frustrated last night. Today I have talked with Brad again and he said if dr. says it's ok to do another round of clomid he is fine with it also(I am the one that told him I didn't want to do it more than like 3 times total cause of the risk of cancer so that is where he is getting it from and doesn't want me to do it now). He really just is concerned about me and Parker and wants me to stay healthy. I agree I would rather be here and stay healthy for him than to have 2 babies and something happen later on, that being said, Injectables or further treatment is probably out for me just because of my family history. I am just going to try to stay positive and if I do one more round of clomid that will probably be my last IUI and clomid cycle ever. So either way I am sorta sad if it doesn't take I just have to quit trying everything. Please be in prayer for us, I appreciate you all so much.

kmf09 replied to BabyParks's response:
Hi BabyParks.

I am sorry that you are so sad. This journey ins't easy. I know that when my husband had to go in for his SA, he was scared to death that he had an issue. I think men have it in their head though that it isn't them. Maybe because they found the scar tissue in you, he believes that that is the reason why you weren't able to get pregnant. Pray he is right. But you also don't want it all on you either, which is totally understandable too. Did they suggest he take supplements to help with motility? I had researched it before when we were thinking there may be more to this than just me. Even my dr told me if there were issues with motility he would be able to recommend things for him to take. I would check it out. At least for this cycle since you aren't doing any meds. They are just herbal things and vitamins--I will look them up again for you. Just a thought.
When will he go see the urologist? I'm so sorry about your risk for breast cancer. I'm sure knowing this you are scared for more reasons than we know. I think you're right to speak to the people at the Breast Center to get more answers. I think it increases risk of ovarian cancer with more use. Scary thought too though.
You are in my prayers everyday. Thinking of you.

Lopersgrl responded:
I am sorry you are still having pains. I was hoping that once you got your surgery you would be over all this and get a BFP. Good luck and hope it heals soon and the baby dust works.

BabyParks replied to kmf09's response:
thanks so much for everything. We have tried fertilaid but only used it one month and as we all know it takes 3 months for sperm to produce new ones so it would be 3 months before he would get results after taking the pills. I am sure the urologist will hopefully tell him some ways to help his motility next week. We meet next wed at 4pm.

Well I did more research online and found some helpful stuff. It says that clomid doesn't have estrogen in it. It tricks our bodies into thinking estrogen is low and in return causes us to produce FSH and LH hormone then causing ovulation so it doesn't add any more estrogen to body. I also found information saying that taking clomid and getting pregnant is better chances of not getting ovarian cancer than not ever getting pregnant at all. Pregnancy will decrease the chances of ovarian and breast cancers. As will breast feeding as well. I breast fed parker for 2 weeks so at least I did some. I am calling the breast center tomorrow for an appt sometime in October. My mom actually saw her today and told her how upset I was and she said not to worry just make an appointment but I would be just fine I am not worrying anymore about it. I mean I can't worry about it now, what is done is done I just have to be smart with my future but like they said if I don't have any more children I am more likely to develop it so what better way to prevent it than just having babies. Brad said today we may have 3 or 4 you never know what God has in store for us. He said he feels like it is something good and he is just trying to wait on him. I know he does have good things for us but so hard to trust him at times. I am trying to be patient and wait tho!

It does increase the risk of ovarian cancer but me having the History of breast cancer runs along with the ovarian cancer so I would be considered at more of a risk having that history but I dont think clomid is a bad one. Now if I started doing injectables and heavy stuff I think it would be a bad thing for me. That is why I am just doing one more clomid cycle at the most if any more and after that if we can't get preggers then I will just have to either adopt or get hubby fixed Thanks again for praying. You are in mine also!

BabyParks replied to Lopersgrl's response:
Hey I am feeling better today, I am just really crampy because I am fixing to start and I think it is going to be some worse this month since I am not steadily on pain meds this time like I was last time. Right after surgery I started the very next day so I think I was so doped up on meds I didnt know much difference. I hope it isn't a bad period but afraid it is going to be. I have bad lower back pain and just pain all down my left leg. I dont usually hurt that bad but hoping it will go away as soon as I start in a few days. I am still taking my pain meds as needed. I dont take them but usually one every other day but he told me to take them when I need them so trying to get off them soon. I also have something a little stronger than motrin i can take and am goin to start that instead of the pain meds. Since this will be our first month trying since surgery(on our own without any clomid, meds or IUI) I think I will be ok during this cycle and not hurt as much mid cycle maybe. Thanks again.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I was diagnosed some time ago with PCOS. My husband and I were married last year and after trying for a bit without any medication, we believed it was...More

Helpful Tips

Want to change font size?
It is easy to make the font bigger press and hold your control key and click on the + key until it's as big as you like, To make the ... More
Was this Helpful?
17 of 30 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.