Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Quick Update
BridgetBurke posted:
Hello ladies. So far December has been a very busy month.

To Meg - Sorry I didn't reply sooner as I have been taking care of my son who has been under the weather this week (Just a cold, but he's 22 months so everything is a major deal for the poor little guy.) I am so sorry this month did not turn out the way you hoped. I will keep praying for you and DH. I know you will get that BFP soon!

To Elaine - I am so happy for you!! That is truely wonderful news. Thank you for sharing it. I can definately use the encouragement.

Steph & Mara - I can't wait to get updates from the two of you. Still sending baby dust your way!!

As for me, I O'ed on Saturday Dec 3 (CD 18). I am not very optimistic that we will get a BFP this month because it is our first cycle after the break. I go today (CD 24) for my progesterone blood work. Since I O'ed so late the dr wanted me to wait a week after to get a more accurate reading. I will be testing next Friday (Dec. 16) if AF doesn't show by then.

I will be keeping all of you ladies in my thoughts and prayers. I will check in when I can, but may not have a chance to reply this weekend because I am decking (and cleaning because I am OCD like that. I can not put up new decorations without scubbing every last inch of the house down first.) the halls at the house finally! I am really excited about Christmas! I could use the distraction. Haha! I am very happy to have found such a great support group. You ladies make this process so much more tolerable since you actually understand what it is like. Much baby dust to you all! (and sticky vibes to you, Elaine )
Bridget.
DH(31) Me(29) DS(21 months) ^i^ (m/c 11/10) TTC for over 1 year before starting Clomid 08/06/2011. BFP on 09/02/11 on 1st cycle! ^i^ (m/c 09/14/11) 2nd Clomid cycle started on 11/18/11.

ATT76 responded:
Hey Bridget!

I hope your CD 24 BW has good results! I will be thinking about you and praying for some good news!

I am going in on Monday for my follicle u/s, get a shot to make me O and do my IUI on Wednesday the 14th. I am nervous, excited, scared, and apprehensive about this procedure. I have talked to a couple of other women who have had one done and they both said it is a breeze, like a pap smear. I hate pap smears!! Hopefully I can work through that and not think of it like that. My DH is going with me. This is the first appointment he has gone with me throughout this whole process, so i am thankful for that! It will be nice to have a hand to hold throughout the IUI.

Well enjoy your decking this weekend and hope your son is feeling better!

BABY DUST!!!
Steph
Me(35), DH(36), 3 rounds clomid, TTC for 14 months, First round IUI 12/14

Stenya responded:
Thank you so much Bridget!

Yes we are quite excited, but im nervous as im only a few weeks. I just hope these next few weeks go by quickly.

Thanks you so much for your message and good wishes...I really appreciate it.

I hope you get some good results shortly....im sure Friday cant come soon enough!

E

BridgetBurke responded:
Well, thought I'd quickly let you ladies know what is going on before I head to work. I got the results of my blood work and they are not good. A lousy 2.8! Sigh! Not exactly the results I was hoping for. The RE wants to wait and see what happens this weekend (obviously very low chance of me actually getting a BFP because they think I didn't O) and then I will start my first cycle of 100 mg Clomid. Hope all of you are getting much better news.

Baby Dust,
Bridget.
DH(31) Me(29) DS(21 months) ^i^ (m/c 11/10) TTC for over 1 year before starting Clomid 08/06/2011. BFP on 09/02/11 on 1st cycle! ^i^ (m/c 09/14/11) 2nd Clomid cycle started on 11/18/11.

ATT76 replied to BridgetBurke's response:
Bridget,

Sorry to hear that you didn't O this month!!

It makes it very frustrating to try to get pregnant when nothing happens!! We will never look at our bodies the same once we all get our BFPs! Just stay positive and enjoy the holiday time with family and friends!

I went in for my IUI yesterday and it was okay! I wouldn't say it was the best thing I have had to do so far, but it wasn't the worst either! so I have officially started my 2ww! I will hopefully know by New Year's whether or not it worked. That would be awesome timing since DH's birthday is New Year's Day!!

WEll good luck anyway. hope everything works out in the end!!

Baby dust to you too!
Steph

BabyParks responded:
hey girl, thinking and praying for you. Keep me posted on what you find out!

BabyParks replied to BabyParks's response:
just read your update. I am so sorry to hear you dont think you ovulated. I will keep praying girl!

BridgetBurke replied to BridgetBurke's response:
Well ladies, looks like I'm in again next month. I got AF this morning, as expected. Not too upset, just anxious to start the next cycle. 100 mg this month starting Monday. Here's to great news for all of us in the New Year. Off to work now. Have a great weekend.

Bridget

ChloeMcG13 replied to BridgetBurke's response:
Hi Bridget,

I am so sorry this wasn't the month. Kind of stinks because I am the type that totally believes in Christmas miracles! But you got AF this morning, so you can start again on the Clomid next week, right? When I got my BFN, I was actually excited AF came so I could get started right away. Gotta look for that slver lining!

What dose will you be on next? I am sorry your son wasn't feeling well...is he all better! Good luck decking the halls...I put my tree up - a real one, strange in Miami Beach! - the day after Thanksgiving. We are driving up to NY to see family for Christmas (we drive b/c we have to take the dog - DH wouldn't dream of putting him in a kennel!), so I don't do too much else besides candles and a wreath. Christmas is my favorite time of year, and it is good this year for the distraction!

I am doing those stupid OPK's every morning until Monday when I go in for an u/s b/w...BFN's - I never get that darn smiley face! Hopefully the u/s will show something good so I can do the ovidrel and BD! We can't leave for NY until after my appt's, so hopefully Monday will have good results. Otherwise, we will just leave later - this is more important!

Baby dust to you and you are in my thoughts and prayers!
Meg
Me 32, DH 33, TTC 12 Months, First Round of Clomid 11/10 followed by Ovidrel Injection 11/19. Currently in 2ww - u/s and bloodwork 12/5 to see if it worked!

BabyParks replied to BridgetBurke's response:
Bridget I am praying for you girl. I hope the new year brings you that sweet baby you are longing for. How is your son feeling now? Better I hope?

BridgetBurke replied to BridgetBurke's response:
Ok, after a crazy, confusing cycle this month in which I thought AF showed on Saturday, I finally started my period on Tuesday. I take my first dose of 100 mg Clomid tomorrow and I am praying that this month is a little easier on the side effects. I would so love to finally get a BFP. My hope for the New Year is a baby in 2012. (I am sure that is what we are all hoping for.) I would of course hope for a September baby (since that is the EDD of our baby if we conceive this month.)

I just read a article about a woman who has been pregnant for 7 times in 5 years (3 kids, currently preggers, 2 m/c, and 1 ectopic) all while on birth contraol. It was on AOL. I wanted to just punch her because she acted like it was a curse and she didn't even want her kids and looked miserable in the pic. I was like honey, be grateful! The other side sucks and is expensive! Be happy for what you have. Sigh! Some people. . .

Courtney: I read in another post that you are doing well and are 9 weeks already, right? I am so happy for you. I have been praying that all goes well for you and your family. What is your EDD and do you an DH want to find out what you are having. Are you telling your families over Christmas? You give me hope that I will be celebrating a BFP soon (that sticks this time )

Steph: When will you and DH know if the IUI worked? I am praying for you also. I hope you don't have to repeat the procedure. Fingers crossed.

Thanks for helping me stay sane ladies. I have been keeping busy preparing for Christmas and consoling my sister-in-law who is also having a hard time TTC. Her and her DH have only been trying 6 months and got preggers once, but unfortunately had a m/c. She is taking the constant BFN's really hard. I remember what it was like in her position. I of course want a BFP, but after trying over 2 years for DS and over 1 1/2 with this one I am finally in a good place mentally and emotionally. I still get overwhelmed sometimes, but I know it will happen when the time is perfect for us. It worked once before with great results!! Hope you all have a great Christmas and wonderful news to share in the New Year!

Baby Dust!
Bridget

ATT76 replied to BridgetBurke's response:
Hey Bridget!

Sorry to hear about your sister-in-law. At least she has you to help her through all of her hardship! It is nice to talk to someone who can relate sometimes. Hopefully it will get better for her when she gets the BFNs! Tell her we are all praying for her too!!!

My 2ww is up a week from today...so I should know by next weekend for sure what the results are. I am hoping for the best, but preparing for the worst. After 14 months I have too. I have had to many disappointing months to get REALLY excitied this month. I am sure you understand!

I know what you mean about getting down mentally and emotionally! If this isn't our month, I am really going to be upset. I have been psyching myself out all month telling myself it didn't work so when AF comes I won't be as disappointed! I am thinking about taking a break in either January or February if it didn't work. We all know the emotional toil this process can take on your mind and body!

Well have a great Christmas! Enjoy the time with family and friends!!

Baby Dust!
Steph

Hey bridget, sorry haven't been on here much! I am still doing good. I am 11 weeks today and feeling ok now. Had not felt great for a while but feel better today than I have the whole time. I am not complaining tho it could be much much worse. I have not vomited or anything so thankful for that. How are you doing? When will you find out if you are preggers this month? We are due July 24th. Did you see my christmas card on Facebook, that was my annoucement to most of my family! I will find out the sex probably around feb 7 or so I am thinking we will do a cake with the middle the color of the sex and have a big party for my family and not tell anyone til then . I will be 16 weeks and a friend of mine is scanning me that day so I am excited, yes we want to know if it's a boy or girl cause if it's a girl I have to buy more clothes but if boy I am set. I go next week for my NST scan to make sure baby is good. I am nervous but know all will be ok and work out for good. I will be prayign for you and try to keep up with you more on FB.

So sorry to hear about your sister in law but that is good you are able to help her. I know you sound so much better and seem to be doing so good. I was mentally at a place finally where I was like, there is nothing in the world I can do to have a baby and even if I do IUI and clomid or even if I did shots with IVF still nothing is guaranteed. I could get all the way to having the baby like I did last time and lose it, you just never know. I have to trust the Lord and know that what happens there is a reason. I am not saying I will handle what happens well or that I will be happy with it but I have to know that he is in control of EVERYTHING. Parker is here and is healthy and could have died. I am so thankful he took care of him and got him out safe and healthy!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Me (24) DH (26) married Oct 06 w/2 furbabies. TTC for 3+ years. Diagnosed with PCOS 1/2007. DH's SA was good. 4 failed rounds of Clomid 2007 (no O...More

Helpful Tips

Want to read "discussions" only?
Well that's easy too, on the left hand side you see many links one of them is "discussions", click on it and you'll only see the ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 23 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.