Skip to content
Positive on OPK with Clomid
mommachip posted:
Has anyone ever NOT gotten a positive on an OPK while on Clomid and BECAUSE of Clomid, but still ovulated?? I ovulated last month on my first round of Clomid last month (I'm pretty sure I felt it happen and my blood test showed it!). I took my second round this month. I am on Day 18 and still no positive on my OPK. I've been testing since day 9 just to be sure. I haven't "felt" it like last month either. My cousin who is also having difficulties and starting her first round of Clomid said she heard that sometimes you won't get a positive on the OPK while on Clomid. Anyone hear of this??

My dr. Didn't have any plans for a blood test this month but I'm thinking of sake ring her to do one and possibly up my Clomid if I didn't ovulate. Thoughts???

Thanks!!

Mercerswife responded:
mommachip- I have cycles 32-38days so I don't ovulate until day 19-21. I've only tested with OPK's for 3 months while on Clomid and I had a positive each time. I wouldn't stress too much, I'm sure it will come in the next few days. I would make sure to keep bd'ing so that you've got plenty of lil guys waiting when you do O. Try to relax and not stress, I'm sure you will get your in the next few days. Some women have to test twice a day, but I use the ClearBlue digital OPK's and test every morning first thing and have had no problems. Hope that helps! Sending baby vibes your way!
Lacey 24, DH 25, TTC 1. 2 M/C 07/08

luvbaby25 responded:
I think i'm having the same problem. I did my 1st round of clomid on day 3-7 and started testing on day 8 just to be sure. I still haven't seen the positive on my opk yet and still testing. I want to know if its still possible for me to ovulate even if I don't get a positive OPK and if yes how will I know that if I'm not doing temps. please help because I have to depend on the timing since my DH is away now and has to take time off work for the whole process

maragayle replied to luvbaby25's response:
You should ask your doctor if they can do some monitoring to confirm whether or not you're ovulating. My doctor does a progesterone test via blood work on CD21 each month.
Me 23, DH 24, TTC 18 months, on round 6 of Clomid

harleypdavidson26 responded:
I know that on my first round of Clomid I Od on CD14 but not til CD17 on rounds two and three. I also agree with Mercerswife on some people having to test twice a day. Last cycle I got a OPK in the afternoon and a negative later on in the evening; but, my BBT charting showed that I had Od. And there are things that can effect the OPKs as well. I know that some brands say you shouldn't use first morning urine, or that you shouldn't drink any liquids 2 hours before the test is taken to make sure the urine isn't too diluted. Hope that helps a little...
-Me 29, DH 27, TTC 18 months, on 4th cycle of clomid, started at 50mg, upped each month. This cycle 200mg.

mommachip replied to maragayle's response:
I made an appt with my dr to talk to her about it. I'm sure she'll send me for the bloodwork to see. I'll keep checking with the OPK too but it's definitely a bit frustrating! My cycle is "generally" 28 days, so I should have already OV'd this month. I wasn't checking with an OPK last month and I wish I had at least noted the date I "felt" I OV'd. Live & learn I guess!

Definitely gonna keep bd'ing til ad shows her ugly head!

Thanks for the help all!! Baby Dust to everyone!!

wanabeamommy replied to Mercerswife's response:
so i was wondering does clomid not usually work the first round?

sunshine_6 replied to wanabeamommy's response:
it does work on the first round usually, but i think it depends on your body. had a friend use it for the 1st time & got pregnant, i used it1st time same. but this time around, i'm on the 2nd (& hopefully Final round for now) "be hopeful & dont stress" thats what i was told. so i'm spreading the love! good luck to us mums!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi I am 30 years old and my husband and I have been TTC naturally for 3+ years now.....this is my first month on Clomid.

Helpful Tips

Helpful Tips
AF-Aunt Flo BFN- Big Fat Negitive BFP- Big Fat Positiove EWCM- Egg White cervicle Mucus CM- Cervial Mucus LMP- Last menstral Period BBT- ... More
Was this Helpful?
27 of 28 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.