Skip to content
Playing the waiting game
mom2bhopeful10 posted:
I feel like I am always playing the waiting game, waiting to see if AF arrives waiting to see if I O, waiting to see if AF arrives again or the slight hope that this time maybe it wont....waiting for test results, waiting to start new meds.... All of this is so draining on us, just sitting here typing this the tears are forming bc I am simply so tired of waiting to be drained of more energy and sanity. I sometimes find it ironic that when we are younger we pray some months that we get our periods...and then later in life we pray not too. As if all the waiting isnt draining enough then we have to deal with others around us getting pregnant so almost effortlessly. I try to put on a happy face but inside I am falling to pieces, Ugh....I feel so alone so much of the time in how I feel with what we are all going through, but I must tell all you ladies that since I have joined this community that some of the loneliness has faded! I feel very greatful to have a place to come whenever I need advice or to just vent and to receive support from so many of you.... Everyone here is truly great and amazing!
Me(25)DH(36)TTC(12months)Clomid 1st(1/12)

mrs62610 responded:
I know how you feel. Wait, wait, and wait some more. I was just talking to DH about this the other day. I'm so tired of waiting. I started out this cycle very encouraged and I'm fighting to maintain my positiveness even without a positive. (HPT, that is, lol)

I'm glad this forum is helpful for you, as I have found it to be keeping me from going completely insane.
Me-24 DH-37 TTC 1st for 9 months. Start 1st round of Clomid 12/29!

jessi2056 replied to mrs62610's response:
I too was obssessing about everything all the time. I want a baby so bad. I have come to terms with my self. Stressing and obssessing isn't going to make it happen any faster. If anything it is going to make it happen slower since stess has impact on our bodies. This cycle I am on my own with out any doctores due to my ovaries being slightly enlarged. My first cycle of clomid and i feel like i am out of the game this month already after one cycle. I am not going to let it get to me. Unlike other women I have age on my side even though DH and I have been trying for 19 months. My head is up and GOD is in control now. It is up to him, not me anymore. It's kind of nice to have a cycle off b/c I'm not going to be stressing about waithing and having all of the side affects. Plus we get to save money this month. All this fertility treatment is draining on me and the bank account lol!

Wishing you ladies all the luck in the world! I know we all need it!
Me (23), DH (24) TTC for 18 months, 3 m/c's no live births. 1 round of Femara, 1 round clomid, u/s 1/6 or 1/7. Test 1/20/12.

mrs62610 replied to jessi2056's response:
Hey good to hear from you! You seem to be doing well. What CD are you on?

You are totally right that God is in control! I should write that on post-its and put them everywhere so I remember!

jessi2056 replied to mrs62610's response:
am no on CD 4 ALL ALONE! lol! No RE's for me this month! kinda excited that I dont have to go in there. I feel like i will be 50 times less stressed out! We'll see what happens!

Good Luck!
Me (23), DH (24) TTC for 18 months, 3 m/c's no live births. 1 round of Femara, 1 round clomid, u/s 1/6 or 1/7. Test 1/20/12.

mrs62610 replied to jessi2056's response:
For sure a good thing to cut down on stress! Good luck!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I never had regular cycles except while on birth control. My DH (31) and I married in 2004 and starting ttc beginning of '07. I waited a till July...More

Helpful Tips

Helpful Tips
AF-Aunt Flo BFN- Big Fat Negitive BFP- Big Fat Positiove EWCM- Egg White cervicle Mucus CM- Cervial Mucus LMP- Last menstral Period BBT- ... More
Was this Helpful?
27 of 28 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.