Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    Any Advice?
    Gotnobabydust posted:
    Hello again! So I my husband and I are both 26 and we have been TTC for almost 15months now. We decided after 10months to seek help and saw a OBGYN. She immediately put me on 50mg clomid without doing any tests at all. (I know I need a new doctor but in a small town surrounded by lots of other small towns my choices are limited and this doctor I am told is the best locally) So all 3 months on my first round of Clomid I O'd but my follicles were never really big. So after the first round I decided I would stop Clomid and see if I O'd without it...I didnt!!! So then we decided to demand a SA even though my doc didn't seem to think we needed it. The results are in ..low sperm count and low motility. So as for advice she tells us check WebMD Lol!! (great Doc huh?!) She also upped my dosage of Clomid to 100mg and I will begin with that round next week. Any advice as to what we need to do to improve sperm count/motility? How long should we abstain before ovulation? Any other advice? Any help would be appreciated! Thanks and Sticky Baby Dust to you all!!
    Gotnobabydust responded:
    Sorry about the double post..the first said i lost connection before it posted?
    HootyBird1 responded:
    That sounds like a very challenging Doctor dilemma.

    My advice would be to find a specialist so you can feel like you are in good hands. I think it is really important to feel like you are being looked after and to trust your health care provider, cause this is an issue that has mountains of worry and doubt. I am not sure if there is a way to "know" if you are with a TOP Best Doctor. But you can know when you are with the right doctor for you, cause you will feel more at ease. My doctor is at a University teaching hospital, I have found him to be affordable and wonderful. I would think there would have to be State University Teaching Hospitals like this in every state, hopefully you can find one and it will be good like ours.

    Now for a RANT .... LOL

    If my doctor ever said something so unhelpful as "check web md" , I would ask them If I could have that in writing? That sounds like something my Veterinarian would tell me to go do! I dont understand that at all. I would think 1. at least the doctor would have print out of Information to hand you, or be able to recommend another doctor who could help you, where she could not. To me on principle alone that would rock me. But, I know I can be a harsh judge.

    I tell you this super long story cause to me this is an example of dealing with worry and doubt, with a Good doctor I feel well matched with.

    I had an issue with my doctor, -- I found out about a NEW prescription vitamin made for women with MTHFR like me,, my doctor currently has me on OLD school vitamins of just folic acid. So I called the office and asked his nurse if I could be put on the FANCY NEW vitamin, she called me back later that day and said NO go , my doctor wanted to keep me on his original prescription of folic acid. And when I asked how come, the nurse said because he trust, knows, and has good results personally with just folic acid, and that he would get more info on the NEW vitamin I wanted, and maybe we could give it a try or add it in, he would tell me more on my next visit. Part of me I wishes I had a doctor who was enthusiastic about new things but then I recall things like DES, and I appreciate his reserved ways.

    baby dust makes it all better
    mom2bhopeful10 responded:
    I dont know if you have thought about it, but there are vitamins out there for men to help with those problems. It is called FertilAid for Men there is also one for women but it says not to use it if you are taking Clomid. It is supposed to help increase sperm count as well as motility and morphology. My DH has two children from a previous marriage so my doctors say most likely it isnt him, they have been focusing on me. So they have not done a SA on him as of yet. I understand where they are coming from but I wasnt willing to put all my eggs in one basket either. Yes he has had other children but it has been 8yrs. I work with a RN who previously worked at a fertility clinic and she suggested for him to take the FertilAid as a boost. She used to sell it to couples who came to the clinic. The website that I ordered it from is The cost is a bit high (around $29 a bottle) each bottle is one month supply. They are cheaper the more you buy! And I got an email the other day that they are on sale right now. I read the reviews and decided to try it. We have noticed a change since he has started taking them. It might be something for you to look into! Hope this helps! Sending baby-vibes your way!
    Me(25)DH(36)TTC(12months)Clomid 1st(1/12)
    Gotnobabydust replied to mom2bhopeful10's response:
    Thanks so much for the advice! I will definitely check out FertilAid! Baby dust to all!

    Spotlight: Member Stories

    My name is Catie and DH is Dan. We met in school so we're childhood sweehearts :). We got married in 2007 and have been TTC ever since. There have...More

    Helpful Tips

    Want to read "discussions" only?
    Well that's easy too, on the left hand side you see many links one of them is "discussions", click on it and you'll only see the ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    12 of 23 found this helpful

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.