Skip to content
Ovulation Pain
Lin_Lou posted:
This cycle of 100mg of Clomid, I ovulated on CD24. I had quite a bit of pain that day. If I had to rate it on a scale of 1-10, I'd give it around a 7 or 8. It was getting to the point that I was wondering if I was going to have to go to the dr or hospital. I was afraid of having OHSS. Took some aleve and put a heating pad on my lower abdomen and the paint slowly went away. On 50mg last cycle, I did experience some cramping the day I hit "peak fertility" on my monitor. I would compare that discomfort to regular menstrual cramping. However, this cycle, the pain was much more intense. I called my RE's office and explained to one of the nurses what had happened and that I wanted the dr to be informed because she was planning on bumping me up to 150mg since I'm still ovulating so late in my cycle. I guess she still wants me to try the 150mg if I'm comfortable with that. If not, we'll do another round at 100mg. She did want me to do a mid-cycle sono just to check and make sure things are looking okay.

Have any of you girls ever experience these pains before? Just wondering if I'm the only one. My RE doesn't think I'll have these again. I hope not. It was a little bit scary.
Lindsey (31), DH (32)
TTC on and off for 4 years
2nd round of Clomid @ 100mg
Hysteroscopy next month and then restart Clomid

mrs62610 responded:
I had horrible pains my first cycle on 50mg. However, this cycle of 100mg the pain was less than the first time! I was extremely bloated and it felt like I had AF cramps times 10! This time it was much easier to ignore.
Me-24 DH-37 TTC 1st for 10 months. On second round of Clomid. Testing: March 3rd

Lin_Lou replied to mrs62610's response:
Okay. Whew! I'm glad I'm not the only one experiencing these pains. Honestly, it was pretty scary when it was happening. It didn't feel "right". RE still wants to bump me up to 150mg since I'm continuing to ovulating late. She said it was completely up to me, though, if I wanted to do another round at 100mg or start with the 150mg. She doesn't think I'll have these pains again and wants to do a mid-cycle sono next time. I don't want to waste time so I'm going to go ahead and let her bump me up.

Thanks for responding. I'm glad I'm not the only one out there that's dealt with that horrible side effect! Although, I don't wish it on anyone!
Lindsey (31), DH (32)
TTC on and off for 4 years
2nd round of Clomid @ 100mg
Hysteroscopy next month and then restart Clomid

jessi2056 replied to Lin_Lou's response:
my ovulation pains are always intense... It feels like someone is stabbing me in the ovaries! it's not very fun! but i am thankful that i have them so i know when i'm ovulating!
Me (23), DH (24) TTC for 20 months, 3 m/c's no live births. 1 round of Femara, 1 round clomid,(both unsuccessful). on 2nd round of clomid.

Leah25Brooke2 responded:
My O pains are like a mild aching. I wouldn't want to experience what you have, but it's nice when it's just an ache ebecause then you know your Oing!
TTC 2nd- 7 mos. 3rd round of clomid Feb 18

Spotlight: Member Stories

29 years old. Found out at I had PCOS after stopping BC for 6months and not having regular cycles. Got a second opinion last June and we started up on...More

Helpful Tips

Helpful Tips
AF-Aunt Flo BFN- Big Fat Negitive BFP- Big Fat Positiove EWCM- Egg White cervicle Mucus CM- Cervial Mucus LMP- Last menstral Period BBT- ... More
Was this Helpful?
27 of 28 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.