Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Ultrasound
mrs62610 posted:
My opk was ALMOST positive today. Going by past experience it will be positive tomorrow. I called my dr's office this afternoon and told them the situation and she said to go ahead and do the U/S tomorrow morning. I am so anxious, I hope everything looks good!! Can't wait to start my 2ww!!!
Me-24 DH-37 TTC 1st for 11 months. 1st round of Clomid 50mg-BFN, 2nd round 100mg-BFN. Start 3rd round (100mg) on 3/8.

jessi2056 responded:
That is exciting! I hope you have really good follicles! Good luck! Let us know how it goes!
Me (23), DH (24) TTC for 20 months, 3 m/c's no live births. 1 round of Femara, 1 round clomid,(both unsuccessful). on 2nd round of clomid. hCG test 3-19!

mrs62610 replied to jessi2056's response:
Well I have no idea about my follicles!! I had to go to a local hospital to have the U/S done because it was completely covered by insurance there. I had it done at 8:30 this morning and the tech said she would fax the results over to my drs office within 30 minutes. I waited and waited for a phone call form my dr but no one called. At 5 minutes before close I called and asked for the results and what the next step is and the nurse told me that they got the fax not too long ago and my dr had already left for the day. She also informed me that she would be gone tomorrow and wouldn't be able to look at it until Friday!!!! Isn't it going to be too late to do a trigger shot by then? Why would they tell me to have this done and then not follow through until it's too late? I am really wanting to cry right now. Do I just not understand how this works?
Me-24 DH-37 TTC 1st for 11 months. 1st round of Clomid 50mg-BFN, 2nd round 100mg-BFN. Start 3rd round (100mg) on 3/8.

jessi2056 replied to mrs62610's response:
That is B.S. my RE came in on a Sunday and did my u/s...I would literally flip out on them! You are paying them... they need to do their job.
Me (23), DH (24) TTC for 20 months, 3 m/c's no live births. 1 round of Femara, 1 round clomid,(both unsuccessful). on 2nd round of clomid. hCG test 3-19!

mrs62610 replied to jessi2056's response:
BTW I wanted to say congrats again to you!! I'm so happy for you and will be praying for a healthy baby!

I wanted to flip out! I'm still pissed!! I realize I could still get pregnant this month (If the follicles were good size) but if I'm not that will just make me wonder "If I got the trigger shot would it have made the difference?" I'm curious if/when they call me on Friday just what they are gonna say, because I'm gonna say you're too d*&^ late!!! I think I'm going to be finding a new dr.

blueeyebaby replied to mrs62610's response:
I think you should call your dr office back and ask them all those questions. Say it is time sensitive info and maybe even another dr can look at it. Unfortunately we know our cycle and time lines better than our dr and they can't always keep up. Maybe find a new dr but I think you should still call first thing tomorrow and ask...push if you have to. Good luck and keep us posted!!

Baby Dust!!
Mary(31), DH(31),2 angels (11/07)(2/08), DS(1/09), DD(7/10). TTC3, on provera to get AF then starting cycle 2 of clomid (100mg, cd3-7)

mrs62610 replied to blueeyebaby's response:
I think I will call this morning and see about that. Thanks for the info! I'll let all of you know what I find out!

att76 replied to mrs62610's response:
I agree! I think you need to take control of the situation. The doctor's office is in control now and they need to know that you aren't going to put up with this BS! We do know our cycles better then anyone and we know within a couple of days it will be to late. Then what...wait till next month? No thanks! Do your job!!!
Me(36), DH(37), 3 rounds clomid, TTC for 17 months, 3 IUIs with HCG trigger and clomid all BFNs, referred to RE, appointment 3/21

mrs62610 replied to att76's response:
I called and had to leave a message with the nurse. That was an hour ago. I'm trying to decide what to do. I could call the director and complain and mention malpractice or patient neglect (of course that would just piss them off more) or I could stop by tomorrow and pick up my medical records and just find another dr. or I could do both! It's not like this month isn't most likely blown anyway. I can't believe this is happening!

maragayle replied to mrs62610's response:
I would be so angry! I get mad when my OB's office doesn't call with my progesterone results, and those aren't as time sensitive! I left a nasty message myself on Monday after two days had gone by without them calling with the results! AF started early this month and the results decided whether I try Clomid again or move on to the Femara.

If this is their first offense, you may just want to chew them out. If they tend to do this a lot, it would be worth the switch! I switched doctors about a year into TTC. It was sort of a step backwards because the new doctor wanted to start from the beginning, but it was certainly worth it to be with someone I can count on! Only you know what's right for you. Have you tried calling the hospital? Maybe someone there can let you know the results. Sometimes the hospitals can put some extra pressure on the doctor's office, too. Especially if they're affiliated. This was the case with my first doctor.
Me 23, DH 24, TTC 20 months, round 8, 150mg Clomid, 2000mg Metformin, bw 4/6, test 4/13

mrs62610 replied to maragayle's response:
The hospital can't tell me anything and they wouldn't be able to prescribe the trigger shot. Plus, the hospital is rivals with the hospital my clinic is owned by. (My clinic would not be happy to be chewed on by the rival) I live close to the hospital that owns my clinic and I think I might call and find someone there because they have several ob/gyns and it is actually slightly closer to me.

I called again and asked to speak to a nurse, they said they couldn't get a nurse to answer so I asked for a supervisor. I got the supervisor and told her the situation and she was going to see if she could get another dr to read the results and get back with me. I'm so frustrated that I'm worried I will cause myself to not even ovulate. My ovulation test was so close to being positive on Tuesday that it should have been positive last night when I tested but when I tested it was slightly lighter than the night before. I know sometimes it can go back and forth before being postive but it has not happened that way for me before. It always gets increasingly dark then positive then super light line.

Ok, I think I'm done ranting for now.

mrs62610 replied to mrs62610's response:
Somebody finally called me back! I can't believe it!

I have around 15 follicles on both sides. I don't remember if all of them were around the same size or not. The largest were about 1.4 and they want them about 1.8-2. So, I am going in the morning to either have them give me an Ovidrel shot or have them show me how so I can do it at home. We will see what my OPK says tonight. I was worried she would tell me it would be several hundred dollars for the shot but she said it is only $70-$100.

Does anyone know how much the follicles grow per day? My U/S was yesterday so could they be the right size today?

att76 replied to mrs62610's response:
Glad to hear that maybe something was going to be done! I know how sensitive these things are and if they aren't done at the right moment, everything done this month is worthless. keep being persistent!
Me(36), DH(37), 3 rounds clomid, TTC for 17 months, 3 IUIs with HCG trigger and clomid all BFNs, referred to RE, appointment 3/21

Spotlight: Member Stories

My DH and I have been trying to concieve for about 2 years. We have had 2 miscarriages and have been through the gamut of infertility testing. In my y...More

Helpful Tips

Want to change font size?
It is easy to make the font bigger press and hold your control key and click on the + key until it's as big as you like, To make the ... More
Was this Helpful?
17 of 30 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.