Skip to content
Still waiting!
mrs62610 posted:
I am still waiting on a postive opk. It's been so close for the last five days and has yet to be positive! This has not happened before and is extremely annoying. The one month we decide to do a trigger shot and are really waiting for O and it decides to take forever! I can't help but wonder if the huge amount of stress I had last week attributed to the late O. We will never know I guess. Today is CD 24, hopefully today will be the day!
Me-24 DH-37 TTC 1st for 11 months. 1st round of Clomid 50mg-BFN, 2nd round 100mg-BFN. Start 3rd round (100mg) on 3/8.

maragayle responded:
Isn't the trigger shot meant to induce ovulation? Why would you need to wait for a positive? I may just be confused...
Me 23, DH 24, TTC 20 months, round 8, 150mg Clomid, 2000mg Metformin, bw 4/6, test 4/13

mrs62610 replied to maragayle's response:
I have read that you can do it either way. Some drs have you do it when the follicles are big enough, some have you wait for the LH surge. I called my drs office yesterday and asked if I could go ahead and do the trigger shot and she said to wait for the positive test. The follicles should be plenty big enough by now though. The biggest one(s) was 14mm, today is six days since U/S, so they should be between 20-26mm. I wanted to go ahead and do the shot Sunday night but I thought I should ask my dr first in case I didn't get pregnant this month and she said I did it wrong.
Me-24 DH-37 TTC 1st for 11 months. 1st round of Clomid 50mg-BFN, 2nd round 100mg-BFN. Start 3rd round (100mg) on 3/8.

maragayle replied to mrs62610's response:
I think I'm missing something. If you get your LH surge and a positive OPK, doesn't that mean you're ovulating? If you're ovulating on your own, what does the trigger shot do to help?
Me 23, DH 24, TTC 20 months, round 8, 150mg Clomid, 2000mg Metformin, bw 4/6, test 4/13

Even though I have a surge doesn't mean the egg is released. (So I'm told) She wants to add the trigger shot to make sure the egg(s) are released and adds a final boost of growth to them in case they aren't maturing quite enough. Also, I'm told that if I'm only releasing one egg naturally that the shot should cause ALL mature eggs to be released. They didn't tell me how many BIG follicles I had, but, the nurse who taught me how to do the shot asked me if we are ok with multiples and kept hinting that I had several.

jessi2056 replied to mrs62610's response:
Yeah.. my RE made me wait till i got a positive OPK then did an u/s to check my follicles to make sure they were big enough and I finally got to take my first trigger shot after that too! and I am pregnant now! So, i am convinced that they know what their talking about! GL! Hoping for positive news from both of you soon!
Me (23), DH (24) TTC for 20 months, 3 m/c's no live births. 1 round of Femara, 1 round clomid,(both unsuccessful). on 2nd round of clomid. hCG test 3-19!

mrs62610 replied to jessi2056's response:
Thanks! That makes me feel better that I'm not the only one, and that you got pregnant by doing it that way! I finally got my positive about 30 minutes ago!!!! So, I'll be doing the shot tonight!!!! I've never been so excited about a shot before. Lol! BD tomorrow night and probably Thursday morning and night then I can forget about any planning until I test in 2 weeks! This has been a tough month so I'm happy to forget about it all for a short time.

Jessi, did you test early or did you wait 14 days from the shot? If you tested early how long did it take to get it out of your system. I am taking the 0.5 mL, that's what you did right? Sorry so many questions, I'm just excited!

maragayle replied to mrs62610's response:
Gotcha! Thanks for the info. Trying to understand all of this can be taxing! That may be one of our next steps, so the more information the better!

Good luck with the shot, BDing, etc. I hope you get that BFP! It would be especially nice after a long, stressful month.

No problem, it is confusing and I still don't think I fully understand it!

You should be getting ready to O, right? Good luck!

jessi2056 replied to maragayle's response:
I tested the shot out of my system! It started gradually getting lighter... then i read its supposed to be out of your system by 10 days... the line was still there... day 11 it was light then day 12 it almost disappeared then on day 13 it came back... and started getting darker! Everyone's body is different though! So don't get discouraged! Every post i have read ppl have said it is usually out of their system after 10 days! so if you want to test a day early like 13 DPO then i say go for it! GOOD LUCK! I am excited that you got your positive finally! Good luck with your 2 WW also!
Me (23), DH (24) TTC for 20 months, 3 m/c's no live births. 1 round of Femara, 1 round clomid,(both unsuccessful). on 2nd round of clomid. hCG test 3-19!

mrs62610 replied to jessi2056's response:
Thanks! I still haven't had any symptoms from the shot. I really expected something. Did you have many O symptoms with the Ovidrel?

Spotlight: Member Stories

My daughter died at 3 days old in May 2012 so we are ttc again and having not a lot of luck :( me: 31 dh: 32 ttc #2- 2.5 months BUT this is after a ho...More

Helpful Tips

Want to change font size?
It is easy to make the font bigger press and hold your control key and click on the + key until it's as big as you like, To make the ... More
Was this Helpful?
17 of 30 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.