Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Finally ovulating?!
mrs62610 posted:
Earlier this evening I used an opk and it was a STRONG positive. The test line was way darker than the control so there was no question. Then later on this evening I've started to get crampy like I did when I O'd with the first 2 rounds of Clomid. I guess I'll wait 2 weeks from tomorrow and test again and see what happens.
Me-24 DH-37 TTC 1st for 11 months. 1st round of Clomid 50mg-BFN, 2nd round 100mg-BFN. Start 3rd round (100mg) on 3/8.

jon3brn responded:
YAY!!! Congrats on such a strong positive OPK. I know when I first received a positive OPK, you would have thought I just received a postive PG test. I had done some many test strips in the past and never had two lines. That the first one that came back positive, was exciting and overwhelming.

Can't wait to hear the results in two weeks....how has everything else been going?
Me(28) and DH(28), Married and TTC since April 2008, 3 rounds of clomid no success, 6 month break, Jan and Feb 2012 cancelled cycles due to cysts, Mar cycle IUIs 3/2-3/3, testing 3/17 BFP. 1st u/s 4-4

mrs62610 replied to jon3brn's response:
I do get pretty excited when I get a positive opk!!
Well this has been a weird cycle. I'm on CD 49. I had a positive opk on CD 24 and did an Ovidrel injection, however, I never had any side effects or felt ovulation as I had the 2 previous cycles. I thought, oh well it must have been because I did things differently this cycle and surely ovulated. Then, when I thought AF was supposed to show up she never showed. That was 8 days ago. I went and had a blood test done on Monday and it was negative just like the hpt's I'd already done. Tuesday I started having lots of EWCM and something told me to use an opk, it was pretty dark but still negative. I've been using them since Tuesday and last night I got a very strong positive and later in the evening and today I've had alot of O pain. I've also had lots of EWCM since Tuesday. I think I was right all along that I didn't ovulate when I should have and I finally am now. I was soooo stressed after I had my u/s done trying to get my dr's office to call me that I think I delayed ovulation. (I've been stressed before but this time I had that and other things adding on extra stress.) I'm so excited and can't wait to test in 2 weeks!!
How are things going with you? I've been wondering about you!
Me-24 DH-37 TTC 1st for 11 months. 1st round of Clomid 50mg-BFN, 2nd round 100mg-BFN. Start 3rd round (100mg) on 3/8.

jessi2056 replied to mrs62610's response:
WAHOOOO! Congrats! Can't wait to see the BFP in 2 weeks!
Me (23), DH (24) TTC for 20 months, 3 m/c's no live births. 1 round of Femara, 1 round clomid,(both unsuccessful). on 2nd round of clomid. hCG test 3-19!

mrs62610 replied to jessi2056's response:
Thanks, me too!!!

maragayle replied to mrs62610's response:
Definitely better late than never! Better get to BDing.
Me 23, DH 24, TTC 21 months,8 rounds Clomid,round one 7.5mg Femara this cycle, BW 5/1, test 5/8

att76 replied to mrs62610's response:
I agree better get to BDing so we can hear about the BFP in 2 weeks!!!
Me(36), DH(37), 3 rounds clomid, TTC for 17 months, 3 IUIs with HCG trigger and clomid all BFNs, referred to RE, appointment 3/21

mrs62610 replied to att76's response:
We did! 2DPO now! Of course I have a 15/16 day luteal phase (Realized it after going back and looking at all my charts) so I'll probably test around 13 DPO.

maragayle replied to mrs62610's response:
Hopefully this is it! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. Here's to hoping the next few weeks go by quickly!

Looks like I'll be able to test the week of my graduation. A BFP would be wonderful! My mother, father, MIL and some of DH's family will be there for graduation, so it would be a perfect time to announce the good news! Of course, nothing thus far has been convenient, so I'm not going to get my hopes up!
Me 23, DH 24, TTC 21 months,8 rounds Clomid,round one 7.5mg Femara this cycle, BW 5/1, test 5/8

att76 replied to mrs62610's response:
Hey good luck! Can't wait to hear the results!!
Me(36), DH(37), 3 rounds clomid, TTC for 17 months, 3 IUIs with HCG trigger and clomid all BFNs, referred to RE, appointment 3/21

mrs62610 replied to maragayle's response:
That would be a great graduation present wouldn't it?! Fingers crossed for you too!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hello my name is Amanda. I am 31 yrs old and am trying to start a family with my husband Shaun who is also 31. We live in NJ and have been together fo...More

Helpful Tips

Want to read "discussions" only?
Well that's easy too, on the left hand side you see many links one of them is "discussions", click on it and you'll only see the ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 23 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.