Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Question about RE consult
mrs62610 posted:
Did your RE do an exam during the consult or was it mainly just a discussion of history, treatment and options? I am just curious as my appointment is Tuesday and I want to be prepared.
Me-24 DH-37 TTC 1st for 13 months. 3 rounds of Clomid all BFN's. Taking a break until appointment with RE on June 5th.

att76 responded:
Yes, when I went to my RE, we talked about history, options, and treatments that first appointment. He did some b/w to see if there was anything else that could be wrong. DH had to do another SA. It was a lot of information in a matter of a couple of hours. Good luck on Tuesday!
Me(36), DH(37), 3 rounds clomid, TTC 18 months, 3 IUIs with HCG trigger/clomid BFNs, referred to RE, appointment 3/21, LAP surgery 3/28, sitting out this month b/c of MMR shot

mrs62610 replied to att76's response:
Thanks for the info! Oh boy, I woke up at 3 this morning really sick, I think I have the flu. I hope I get better before Tuesday!
Are you trying again yet?
Me-24 DH-37 TTC 1st for 13 months. 3 rounds of Clomid all BFN's. Taking a break until appointment with RE on June 5th.

att76 replied to mrs62610's response:
yes, we are trying again. We are trying nauturally. I don't know how long we will try this. I think only for a couple of months. I am not sure how long it takes for endo to grow back or how aggressive it can be so I don't wnat to take any chances with it.

I hope you feel better before tuesday! good lukc!
Me(36), DH(37), 3 rounds clomid, TTC 18 months, 3 IUIs with HCG trigger/clomid BFNs, referred to RE, appointment 3/21, LAP surgery 3/28, sitting out this month b/c of MMR shot

Fingers crossed for you! I can understand not wanting to mess around. Good luck to you too!

I am feeling fine today, just a little tired from all the missed sleep. I'm so excited for tomorrow! It's funny, if I told the average person, "I'm excited about going to the dr!" They would think I'm nuts. That's one thing I love about this outlet, everyone understands!

baby1298 replied to mrs62610's response:
think every RE is different. at my first RE appt we talked about my medical/infertility/family history and what were doing now. he also ordered a bunch of tests that day, like an anitbody test, glucose intolerance test, etc.. he also did a vaginal u/s to make sure everything was ok and did measurements, so i could start the clomid right away.

hope this helped some and your RE is helpful
me(28) DH(28) TTC since 06'. DH's SA~ good. my testosterone is slightly elevated and i have low progesterone, but all other tests came back great. this is my first round of clomid, take CD3-7.

att76 replied to mrs62610's response:
LOL! It is funny how you tell the normal person "yeah going to the doctor" and they would probably be like" Oh i am sorry, that sucks" but we totally get it and understand how excited you are. I was super excited and nervous about my RE appointment. Good luck and let us know how it goes!

mrs62610 replied to baby1298's response:
Thanks for letting me know! From what I am gathering it seems it varies from couple to couple what happens in the first appointment depending on personal history.

I'll be back asap to let everyone know how it went!

Nagi08 replied to baby1298's response:
Am happy with your attitude towards it all and wish you the best on it. I've been on the journey of trying for over 7 months now with out a success, and am thinking the option of Clomid plus I like tips given here----------only wondering if Clomid will work 4 me, as X-ray showed I have a small ovarian cyst. Tips on what you. Might know will help mi move forward please. Thanks

skipzjewel11 replied to Nagi08's response:
I have a cyst on y right ovary and have been trying to conceive for over a year, and my Gyno is suggesting the clomid I have my appointment on friday.

mrs62610 replied to skipzjewel11's response:
Good luck to you!
Me-25 DH-38 TTC 1st for 19 months. 3 rounds of Clomid all BFN's. 5 rounds of Femara, 3 IUI's - BFN's. Taking a break, doing IVF in January.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Me (34) DH (36) TTC for six months. Starting Clomid next cycle.

Helpful Tips

Want to read "discussions" only?
Well that's easy too, on the left hand side you see many links one of them is "discussions", click on it and you'll only see the ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 23 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.