Skip to content
Clomid Questions
KJJH02 posted:
Hi Everyone,
I just got my AF after my third round of clomid. I am currently seeing by OBGYN and I am wondering if I am doing everything I need to while taking clomid. I have one DS that I had no problem conceiving. We have been try for 16 months with the last 3 months on clomid. My OBGYN hasn't done any other tests just prescribed clomid. I hear a lot of ppl say clomid doesn't really work after 3 rounds. I am wondering where I should go from here? Any suggestions would be great. Trying to stay hopeful but very hard at this point.

lindseymk responded:
Are you getting bw done to check progestrone? Do you know if you are even ovulating? Also, I had day 3 bw done to check if my eggs are good. But I guess you already have a child-so that wouldn't matter! ) Your doc probably should being doing some kind of testing. I had to do 3 months of bw done before they even put me on Clomid. Do you have regular cycles? I am just about to start 3rd month of Clomid. It made me ovulate last month but no bfp. I guess we will see what happens this month. Gosh, I hope that's not true about 3 months because I wouldn't know where to go from here. Good luck!! )
Me-25 DH-32 TTC 1st since May 2010. 1 mc @ 12 weeks. Result: D

KJJH02 replied to lindseymk's response:
Hi Lindseymk,
I did be in the before I did my first round of clomid and he stated that all levels were good. He also checked my thyroid which was good too. I have not had any other test such as tube check or anything. I am just wondering if there is something I need to be asking or doing because there are a lot of different suggestions out there. I have heard of women taking progestrone along with clomid but not sure if I need this? I have also heard preseed helps and if all the doc says is another round of clomid I will try it with preseed too. Have you heard of it or used it? I only did bw once and that was it. I think he felt because I already had a child that it was more of an ovulating issue than anything but and so did I now I am not so sure. I get my period every month but sometimes they varied between 28 days to 35 with the average being 31 days. Since on clomid it is between 27,28, or 29 days. I have to go back to the OBGYN this week and I just feel like there should be more I am asking. Are you taking anything besides the clomid?

stolennhalo replied to lindseymk's response:
I did 10 rounds of Clomid before conceiving so please don't panic and do NOT give up!!!

lindseymk replied to KJJH02's response:
I am only taking Clomid so far. I am crossing my fingers for this to work because I don't know where to go from here. I have heard of getting tubes checked but not sure if you would need to because you've already had a baby. And I know it can be expensive. My doc said $800. Preeseed sounds like a good idea. I haven't heard of that. Is that like prenatels? My cycles are around the same as yours. You should question your doctor on what else you can do to be proactive.
Me-25 DH-32 TTC 1st since May 2010. 1 mc @ 12 weeks. Result: D

KJJH02 replied to stolennhalo's response:
stolennhalo,
thanks for the positive thoughts and sharing your experiences. I too hope it works and trying not to lose hope.

KJJH02 replied to lindseymk's response:
lindseymk,
I too hope this works because like you I am not sure what I am willing to do next. I did not hear that about the tubes but will have to check into that. Since I am lucky to have a wonderful son I really feel it is an ovulation issue more so than anything else but I am not a dr. Preseed is a lubricant that is suppose to help the sperm travel to the egg. It is similar to what your body does but due to clomid you can be dryer than normal so preseed helps. It is about 20 so I am going to give it a try. Try googleing it if you want to know more.

KJJH02 replied to KJJH02's response:
Hi Everyone,
Another round of clomid it is, that is what was suggested. Plus my OBGYN said to take Robitussin with it, when I am about to ovulate. Has anyone done this? Did it help?

Spotlight: Member Stories

My daughter died at 3 days old in May 2012 so we are ttc again and having not a lot of luck :( me: 31 dh: 32 ttc #2- 2.5 months BUT this is after a ho...More

Helpful Tips

Helpful Tips
AF-Aunt Flo BFN- Big Fat Negitive BFP- Big Fat Positiove EWCM- Egg White cervicle Mucus CM- Cervial Mucus LMP- Last menstral Period BBT- ... More
Was this Helpful?
27 of 28 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.