Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
New here and hoping Clomid works wonders
mssmith8907 posted:
My husband and I have been ttc for almost a year and a half. I have been poked and pried to the point if they would let me just carry the tubes home I could draw my own blood and send it to them every time they need it haha. I am not freaking out yet my husband and I are still very young and have plenty of time. The first day 23 BW I had done my levels were at 2.0. Last month I started Clomid days 3-5 at 50mg and then of course it was what it seemed like a long wait before my next day 23 BW. Well that day came and I got my results back and the nurse said don't get upset or overwhelmed it was your first round and we have got to figure out the right dose for you. My level came back at a whopping 5.0, yea not anything to jump around about but hey it came up a whole 3 levels so I was tickled. I have just finished taking my second round of Clomid day 3-5 at 100mg on June 10th and go for my day 23 BW on June 25. I am hoping it works, but right now it is a waiting game. I do have a question though, does anybody else have sharp pains in your ovary area while trying to conceive. Not everytime, just a few days out of the month. Does this mean I am possibly OV

Leah25Brooke2 responded:
Yes, I have what I describe as a dull ache in usually my right side where my ovary is. Every time I've had that ache, I test and got a positive OPK. I'm doing more natural things now, and I usually look for cervical mucous now to tell me I'm ovulating and look for the ache, but I don't use OPK's anymore - they made me a little nuts. But yes, that was always and good sign for me. Good luck!
TTC 2nd- 11 mos, 1st round of clomid - BFN, 2nd - MC, 3rd- BFN. Now, periods are regular, trying to conceive on our own.

mssmith8907 replied to Leah25Brooke2's response:
Yes I only did a few OPK's and then I felt like I was trying to hard. So now I am just going with the flow of things. Wooo whooo maybe it will work this time, we will see. Thank you!!

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Catherine and Im 20 years old and my fiance's (or husband either one works lol) name is Jamie and he is 26 years old. We have been toge...More

Helpful Tips

Want to change font size?
It is easy to make the font bigger press and hold your control key and click on the + key until it's as big as you like, To make the ... More
Was this Helpful?
17 of 30 found this helpful