Skip to content
testing.....
lindseymk posted:
So does anyone else get really anxious before they test?? Today is day 26 and I am thinking of testing either tomorrow or Sunday but I am so scared because I don't want to see a BFN. My progestrone level was a 25.3 this month so I thought I had a good chance but I don't really know. My boobs started getting sore this morning & that usually starts a couple days before AF. Oh Em Gee...I hate this!! Why is it so hard?? And I am scared that with my levels so high that the doc will want to move on to something else. And I don't know what we will be able to afford... Sorry I am just venting! xoxo
Me-26 DH-32 TTC 1st since May 2010. 1 mc @ 12 weeks. Result: D

Leah25Brooke2 responded:
I know your pain! I'm sorry I can't give any sound advice, I test obsessively! Hang in there! We're all hoping for you that you get your BFP!!
Me(25)DH(28)DD(3) TTC 2nd- 11 mos, 1st round of clomid - BFN, 2nd - MC, 3rd- BFN. Now, periods are regular, trying to conceive on our own. Periods are becoming irregular again...

mrs62610 responded:
I get sooo anxious before I test! When I actually do the test I leave the room while I wait and my heart just races! I am not sure whether I will test early this time or not, my RE scheduled a blood test for the 17th. Also, since I did Ovidrel this time I would hate to get a false positive! We shall see!

Good luck to you, I hope you get your BFP! KUP!
Me-24 DH-37 TTC 1st for 14 months. 3 rounds of Clomid all BFN's. Switched to RE. Doing Femara, Ovidrel, Progesterone this cycle. 25mm follicle! AF due July 17/18. Blood test July 17!

lindseymk responded:
Result: BFN on day 28. So AF is bound to come. By the way, what does BFN stand for? Because in my head, it means "Big F'ing Negative" Oh well, patiently waiting to start AF....

mrs62610 replied to lindseymk's response:
I'm sorry to hear about the BFN. Better luck next round hopefully!

I suppose it could mean that! Lol I think when most people see it they think Big Fat Negative. I believe you can take it to mean whatever you want!
Me-24 DH-37 TTC 1st for 14 months. 3 rounds of Clomid all BFN's. Switched to RE. Doing Femara, Ovidrel, Progesterone this cycle. 25mm follicle! AF due July 17/18. Blood test July 17!

maragayle replied to lindseymk's response:
Sorry to hear about your BFN! I tend to think along the lines of your interpretation of the acronym. Big "Fat" Negative just doesn't seem harsh enough!

On to the next cycle! Are you doing Clomid again? Best of luck!
Me 23, DH 25, TTC 2 years,8 rounds Clomid, round three 7.5mg Femara this cycle, test 7/23

Leah25Brooke2 replied to lindseymk's response:
Sorry about the BFN! It seems we're all in the same boat lately...
Me(25)DH(28)DD(3) TTC 2nd- 11 mos, 1st round of clomid - BFN, 2nd - MC, 3rd- BFN. Now, periods are regular, trying to conceive on our own. Periods are becoming irregular again...

baby1298 responded:
sorry about the BFN =(

i get really anxious too before i test, to the point where my mouth gets dry and i start to sweat LOL.
me(28) DH(28) TTC since 06'. DH's SA~ good. my testosterone is slightly elevated and i have low progesterone, but all other tests came back great. this is my first C of clomid.

lindseymk replied to maragayle's response:
I am starting 4th rd of Clomid @ 100 mgs tomorrow. My husband is finally going to get tested in about a week. I am extremely nervous for this! I know he is too. Please cross your fingers that the results are not horrible. Because I really don't know what I would do..... /

**Also, my period is super light this month. I think due to Clomid. It's weird.

maragayle replied to lindseymk's response:
Try not to stress. I was worried about DH, too, when he had his SA. He passed with flying colors. Everything looked normal. That was a huge relief! With me having fertility issues, we didn't need HIM to have problems, too! I'm sure all will go well. You should know really quickly what the results are.

My periods were a bit lighter on Femara and sometimes on Clomid, too. They tended to last longer, too. I start spotting then it's almost a week before AF fully kicks in. Obnoxious.
Me 23, DH 25, TTC 2 years,8 rounds Clomid, round three 7.5mg Femara this cycle, test 7/23

KJJH02 replied to lindseymk's response:
Hi Lindseymk,
I am starting my 5th round of clomid and my husband is getting tested this week too. So I know exactly how you feel. This not what I thought this process was going to be like and I feel very stressed. I really don't know what I will do if this doesn't work either. UGH!

msbooknerd replied to KJJH02's response:
Well, good to know I am not alone in this boat. Sometimes it feels like no one gets it! I have spent the last 2 years worrying about getting pregnant. Im just ready. Plain ready! I hope your results come back good. Crossing my fingers for the both of us!! xoxo

KJJH02 replied to msbooknerd's response:
Thanks msbooknerd! It is nice to know we are not alone and can offer each other supports. I just get so nervous when it is time to have a visit from AF. One good thing was that my DH test came back good but now I feel like it is all my fault. Hope you are doing well!

Spotlight: Member Stories

My husband and I have been together for 20 years! We have been married only for 8. We have been ttc for a 18 months now. I am 36 (DH is 37) and though...More

Helpful Tips

Helpful Tips
AF-Aunt Flo BFN- Big Fat Negitive BFP- Big Fat Positiove EWCM- Egg White cervicle Mucus CM- Cervial Mucus LMP- Last menstral Period BBT- ... More
Was this Helpful?
27 of 28 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.