Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
I think it is time to ask for that RE referral...
HealthyHoosier posted:
Just finished up round 3, they switched me from my usual 100mg 5-9 to 150mg days 3-7. I had intense cramping/bloating from day 14-28. Got + opk again this cycle but took pg test on day 28 and it was -. I've had period cramping from day 27-current but I am now on day 31 and I am just starting to to bleed (sorry, tmi). Previously my period always came on day 28 like clockwork so I am not sure why it is delayed.

I'm frustrated with taking clomid with no monitoring for my dr so I think I'll ask for a referral to see what else might be going on. Clomid makes me feel so gross-bloated, full of acne, crabby....and it isn't worth taking if I'm not going to get that bfp.

Anyone else have better luck after switching to RE? What test will they do, I'm just not sure what to expect?

mrs62610 responded:
I feel soooo much better now that I have my RE! I haven't had any testing done since I am Oing. My RE switched me to Femara from Clomid, virtually no side effects! It seems to depend on your individual situation whether they do certain testing. I figure I may have more tests down the road if several cycles of this new combo doesn't work. Good luck and let me know what you find out!
Me-24 DH-37 TTC 1st for 14 months. 3 rounds of Clomid all BFN's. Switched to RE. Doing Femara, Ovidrel, Progesterone this cycle. 25mm follicle! AF due July 17/18. Blood test July 17!

HealthyHoosier replied to mrs62610's response:
Thanks for the response. I have an appointment set up for August 9th with a RE! I'm taking this month off from clomid, I don't think I can physically or emotionally take another round. This last round days 3-7 at 150mg really messed with me! My period came 4 days later than every other month, I've had weird back cramps for 2 weeks, and af just isn't the same as usual.

Hoping the RE I've got an appointment with can be helpful. They asked that I bring in all medical records so I assume it'll be at least a month past my first appointemnt to when I can actually start on another cycle.

How do you all stay motivated? I feel defeated...

maragayle replied to HealthyHoosier's response:
I highly, highly recommend seeing an RE. They specialize in what we're all going through, so they know a LOT more than your average OBGYN. The nice thing about my RE is that they're letting ME set the pace. Since I'm young they're not being overly aggressive right now, but if I feel like I'm in a slump and WANT them to be aggressive, they're willing to do that, too. There's definitely a greater emphasis placed on the patient's needs (medically AND emotionally) when seeing a RE. We're in the process of hopefully adopting our nephew through the foster system, so I figured I'd just follow the RE's recommendations rather than go all out and be super aggressive with treatments, etc.

Honestly? My motivation comes and goes. Sometimes I'm in this full throttle and sometimes I just let it go and don't worry about BDing, Oing, etc. When I'm feeling frustrated and upset it's really hard to worry about BDing at the right time. I take my pills, schedule my BW and hope for the best but don't put too much pressure on it. Staying busy helps a lot, too. Truth is, though, now that it's been 2 years of TTC, it's really hard to believe it's ever going to happen. I guess there's less heartache when you have less hope?
Me 23, DH 25, TTC 2 years,8 rounds Clomid, round three 7.5mg Femara this cycle, test 7/23

att76 replied to HealthyHoosier's response:
First off...good choice to move to the RE. They are so much more focused on getting you pregnant then the average OB. They are way more aggressive if that is what you want and like Mara said they will go at YOUR pace, which is really nice!

Staying motivated can be really hard! There are months where I just go with everything and other months where I am all stressed and worried about timing everything just right! I think a lot of the worry comes from being 36 and knowing (or at least feeling) like I have limited time to conceive! There are months where I do feel defeated and others where I am motivated. I think it is best to just find something that can take your mind off it and if that isn't possible, just a month off can be what you need! Good luck!
Me(36), DH(37), TTC 20 months,3 rounds clomid, 3 IUIs with HCG trigger/clomid all BFNs, now trying naturally

Spotlight: Member Stories

29 years old. Found out at I had PCOS after stopping BC for 6months and not having regular cycles. Got a second opinion last June and we started up on...More

Helpful Tips

Want to read "discussions" only?
Well that's easy too, on the left hand side you see many links one of them is "discussions", click on it and you'll only see the ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 23 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.