Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Prenatels
msbooknerd posted:
Hello ladies! This question is for the ones that have been trying for at least 1 year.....Are you still taking Prenatel vitamins? In the beginning I was every single day but now since we 26 months and counting I haven't been. Is that bad? Should I?

Leah25Brooke2 responded:
I've been trying exactly a year, and yes I do. You never know when you could end up pregnant, and prenatal vitamins are very important, especially folic acid. If you get prenatal vitamins and also DHA it will help prevent neural tube defects - which most often develop in the first few weeks. So take 'em girly!
Me(26)DH(28)DD(3) TTC 2nd- 11 mos, 1st round of clomid - BFN, 2nd - MC, 3rd- BFN. Been trying naturally 5months, OB appt on the 23rd.

msbooknerd replied to Leah25Brooke2's response:
Okay, thank you! I have been feeling guilty that I am not but I will start. Because you are so right. It COULD happen anytime. Thank you for your advice!

att76 responded:
I have been trying almost 2 years and have been taking prenatels for the last year. In the beginning I was just taking the normal vitamins that I had been taking, but then told my doctor I wanted prenatels. I am getting the prescription ones for about $38 for a 3 month supply.
Me(36), DH(37), TTC 20 months,3 rounds clomid, 3 IUIs with HCG trigger/clomid all BFNs, now trying naturally

maragayle responded:
For the most part, I take them daily. I sometimes forget but don't beat myself up too much. I went through about a six month stint in this process where I was frustrated and thinking "what's the point in taking them?!" In retrospect, I would have been mad had I gotten pregnant and hadn't been taking them for the recommended three months prior to pregnancy.

The best price I've found is target. It's about $15.00 for the Target version of One A Day prenatals.
Me 23, DH 25, TTC 2 years,8 rounds Clomid, round three 7.5mg Femara this cycle, test 7/23

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi Everyone! My name is Lauren and I am 28 years old. I have been married for 6 years and have a 4 year-old daughter who is anxiously awaiting a lit...More

Helpful Tips

Want to read "discussions" only?
Well that's easy too, on the left hand side you see many links one of them is "discussions", click on it and you'll only see the ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 23 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.