Skip to content
Need Advice - Second opinion??
Leah25Brooke2 posted:
Hey Ladies,

This month marked a year for trying for us. My periods are extremely irregular to say the least. I have never gotten pregnant in the last year, except on my second round of clomid. She mentioned going into this, that if clomid didn't work, she'd start me on Femara. However, when I went in on the 23rd all she gave me was Pregnitutde supplements. We can't afford an RE. What should I do? Call and talk to the nurse and ask if we can try Femara? She didn't do anything at the appt because I had happened to ovulate on my own. But regardless if I'm ovulating every once in awhile, I haven't gotten a BFP on my own at all.. only on Clomid. This last month didn't work, I've gotten AF and she's currently still hanging around. Would you call and try femara with this OB or get a second opinion? I like her alright, I just don't feel that she's that committed/concerned - the nurses are great though. Like I said, can't afford an RE. I feel stuck!!
Me(26)DH(28)DD(3) TTC 2nd- 11 mos, 1st round of clomid - BFN, 2nd - MC, 3rd- BFN. Been trying naturally 5months, OB appt on the 23rd.

deliela999 responded:
Hey, double check with your insurance. Mine covered the RE consult the same as an OBGYN visit so I paid the same copay. They didn't cover the treatment, but I know some ladies have the RE direct the treatment and the OBGYN handle it. A lot of OBGYNs don't know enough about IF and it's not their main focus. If the RE consult isn't an option I think I'd call and ask for femara. If you push a little and don't get a good response it's probably time to doctor shop. Good luck! You'll get there! I noticed the other day we don't have any first trimester ladies on PAIF so this board is due for a bunch of BFP's!!

Leah25Brooke2 replied to deliela999's response:
Thanks! I did double check with my insurance awhile ago, it only covers 50% of the evaluation and theres a huge deductible on top of that. So I think I will call monday and ask for femara.. hopefully they let me take it! I really think it woud work!
Me(26)DH(28)DD(3) TTC 2nd- 11 mos, 1st round of clomid - BFN, 2nd - MC, 3rd- BFN. Been trying naturally 5months, OB appt on the 23rd.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My husband and I have been trying to conceive for one year now. I recently found out that I have PCOS, which seems to have been getting worse over ti...More

Helpful Tips

Want to read "discussions" only?
Well that's easy too, on the left hand side you see many links one of them is "discussions", click on it and you'll only see the ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 23 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.