Skip to content
Clomid 100 mg
Leah25Brooke2 posted:
Well, finally got it through to my Dr that I need something to help me get pregnant. We've been trying naturally since March. I've ovulated on my own once or twice, with no pregnancy. In the last year, the only time I've been pregnant is with the clomid. Last year I did 50mg of Clomid, so they are uping me to 100 mg. I really think this will work, since I did acheive a pregnancy at 50 mg, but m/c. Hopefully the Clomid didn't cause the m/c. Does anyone know if Clomid increases the risk of M/C?
Me(26)DH(28)DD(3) TTC 2nd- 11 mos, 1st round of clomid - BFN, 2nd - MC, 3rd- BFN. Been trying naturally 5months, OB appt on the 23rd.

mrs62610 responded:
I don't know 100% but I don't think there is an increased risk of m/c with Clomid. Glad to hear they are finally listening to you! Good luck! When do you start the Clomid?
Me-24 DH-37 TTC 1st for 15 months. 3 rounds of Clomid all BFN's. Switched to RE. Doing Femara, Ovidrel, LP Progesterone this cycle. 2 Mature follicles! AF due August 18th. Blood test August 20th!

Leah25Brooke2 replied to mrs62610's response:
Well, I researched it a bit, about the m/c thing, and most sources say some studies found a slightly increased risk, while others studies didn't find any increased risk. I can't start until I get AF, and I just got done with this months AF.. so I have to wait until september! I guess it will be one more month naturally. The nurse said if 100mg of clomid doesn't work, they are going to prescribe Femara. Though I don't know how many more cycles they are wanting to try with Clomid. I've already done three, so probably not that many more. I am really wanting to try Femara, it seems better than Clomid. Although, I did O on 50 mg of Clomid so I'm kinda suprised they upped it to 100mg.. maybe cause I didn't O until CD 20? I dunno.. Clomid got me pregnant once.. I'm just hoping I didn't also m/c due to the Clomid.. although when they did an u/s my lining was not affected by the clomid.. it was very thick. SO... anyways!! When do you test?? I know your cycle last month with what your doing really made you O.. I bet this month is your month!!!
Me(26)DH(28)DD(3) TTC 2nd- 1yr, 1st round of clomid 50mg - BFN, 2nd - MC, 3rd- BFN. Been trying naturally 6mos, waiting for AF in Sep to start 100mg of Clomid!

mrs62610 replied to Leah25Brooke2's response:
Same thing happened to me, I O'd on 50mg only not until around CD20 and so they upped me to 100mg the next month and my lining was really good too. I was soooo glad to switch to Femara, I actually O'd on CD14 both times!!! I am on CD 20 now and will probably test middle to end of next week. I have a beta HCG test scheduled for the 20th because I will be gone on vacation starting tomorrow until the 19th. I was surprised also when they told me I had 2 mature follicles this time! The nurse asked if I was ok with multiples and I said I wasn't worried about it at all, otherwise I don't think they would have had me do the Ovidrel. I have absolutely NO PMS symptoms at all, which is very unusual, so I'm just praying that this is it!
Me-24 DH-37 TTC 1st for 15 months. 3 rounds of Clomid all BFN's. Switched to RE. Doing Femara, Ovidrel, LP Progesterone this cycle. 2 Mature follicles! AF due August 18th. Blood test August 20th!

Leah25Brooke2 replied to mrs62610's response:
I bet it is! Of course, be cautiously optimistic, but I think your chances are pretty good! I'm impatient to try the Clomid. It did work once for me. I think it will work in one or two rounds. And hopefully stick! I'll be praying that you get your BFP! Have fun on vacation!
Me(26)DH(28)DD(3) TTC 2nd- 1yr, 1st round of clomid 50mg - BFN, 2nd - MC, 3rd- BFN. Been trying naturally 6mos, waiting for AF in Sep to start 100mg of Clomid!

Spotlight: Member Stories

My husband and I have been together since 2005. We have been married since 2008. We have been off birthcontrol since 2010. We have never had a BFP. My...More

Helpful Tips

Helpful Tips
AF-Aunt Flo BFN- Big Fat Negitive BFP- Big Fat Positiove EWCM- Egg White cervicle Mucus CM- Cervial Mucus LMP- Last menstral Period BBT- ... More
Was this Helpful?
27 of 28 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.