Skip to content
RE appointment
HealthyHoosier posted:
Well, I had my first appointment with RE today and I am already feeling better and optimistic! They did a quick ultrasound and said I actually have a 17mm follicle right now and that I could o on my own these next few days, and I didn't even take clomid this month! He said my lining was great but is doing a full workup and me and DH but said he'd like to try Femara and probably IUI right away depending on how agressive we have to be. I know many of you are on Femara, will it be better than clomid because clomid made me crazy! Any insight on the IUI?!

maragayle responded:
I haven't had an IUI yet, but Femara is definitely a LOT better! Little to no side effects with the Femara. The only thing I experience side effect-wise it a bit of a decrease in my appetite, which I really don't mind.

I feel better being with an RE, too. They definitely know what they're doing and seem more competent than your ordinary OBGYN. Good luck!
Me 23, DH 25, TTC 2 years,8 rounds Clomid, round three 7.5mg Femara this cycle, test 7/23

HealthyHoosier replied to maragayle's response:
Thank you! I'm glad to hear that Femara is better for side effects than the clomid, even though I know it affects everyone different.

How long will you do Femara before doing an IUI? After I'm done with my tests, my RE would like to try Femara (says I have to wait until October cycle, which sort of stinks) and said if we want to be agressive we could do the IUI right away... Not sure what route to go.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My Husband (31) and I (27) are starting the TTC process. I have PCOS and tried Clomid with no success. Seeing RE and starting Femara/Ovidrel Trigger s...More

Helpful Tips

Want to change font size?
It is easy to make the font bigger press and hold your control key and click on the + key until it's as big as you like, To make the ... More
Was this Helpful?
17 of 30 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.