Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Time is really dragging!
maragayle posted:
This entire baby making processes is really, really dragging! I am just getting so sick of the entire thing. It's all we've been thinking about for two years, and it's exhausting! I don't know how much longer I can wait. It's too stressful.

Today is CD14 of this cycle. If we don't get a BFP this month it's not for lack of trying. We've been going all out since my first possible fertile day. I've been feeling O pains, so I think the Femara is working again this month. At least that's a good sign.

Anyone else feeling as frustrated as I am?!
Me 23, DH 25, TTC 2 years,8 rounds Clomid, round four 7.5mg Femara this cycle, test 8/27
FirstPrevious12NextLast

kam20 responded:
I understand where you are coming from I feel the same why. I am taking femara I went to the doctor on cd12 nothing she advise me to come back tomorrow to see if anything is happening if not we have to try again next cycle. I feel so impatient but I know that once we stop trying that is when it will happening. I feel like my huband and I are to the point that its taking a toll so we might takes a break from it all sometimes you have to do that to clear your head. I had a busy weekend with my In-Laws and for some reason guess what subject pop up babies its like you cant get away.I think that we just have to keep hope in try not to give up!!!

Leah25Brooke2 responded:
I wish time would hurry up too! I'm on CD 12- but this is another natural cycle because they didn't prescribe the clomid unitl after AF was already over this cycle. So.. I've got to wait until I get AF again.. which my cycles are very irregular - so who knows when that will be - ugh! Hurry up and wait! Again!
Me(26)DH(28)DD(3) TTC 2nd- 1yr, 1st round of clomid 50mg - BFN, 2nd - MC, 3rd- BFN. Been trying naturally 6mos, waiting for AF in Sep to start 100mg of Clomid!

maragayle replied to Leah25Brooke2's response:
If she doesn't come in a "normal" time frame will they give you anything to bring AF on? I usually took medroxyprogesterone if I didn't get AF by CD35. May be something worth looking into if you have a SUPER LONG cycle.

I've spent two years waiting now. I'm just so tired of everything...the bw, the tests every month, the endless medication, BDing to the calendar, etc. I don't usually O on my own, though, so I know there's little to no chance of us spontaneously conceiving on our own. I guess I need to decide at what point enough is enough. I know I can't do this forever...
Me 23, DH 25, TTC 2 years,8 rounds Clomid, round four 7.5mg Femara this cycle, test 8/27

Leah25Brooke2 replied to maragayle's response:
You have PCOS right? I know women, besides you ladies, you have struggled with that and ended up with their miracle bundle of joy. I really, really, hope that happens for you. I guess you can never say for sure, but if femara is making you O, then thats a good thing. Have they tested your tubes to see if they are blocked? I would sure hope that they are not.

They will prescribe Provera for me if I need it. But I'm kind of cautious about it. Call me crazy, but I feel like it's better if I start on my own. Each time I used Provera, I got a BFN. When I started on my own, I got a BFP. Maybe I'm being a little superstitous, because I haven't been told or read anything about Provera that would cause you not to get pregnant, but since that happened with me, I'm hoping to start naturally - just for my peace of mind, really.
Me(26)DH(28)DD(3) TTC 2nd- 1yr, 1st round of clomid 50mg - BFN, 2nd - MC, 3rd- BFN. Been trying naturally 6mos, waiting for AF in Sep to start 100mg of Clomid!

att76 responded:
I am getting frustrated with this whole process as well. It will be 2 years for us the end of October and the stress of continually trying is just getting old. I would like to take some time off, but my age doesn't really permit that. I am worried if I would take time off the endo would come back and we would be screwed again!

We did the iUI this month and I don't think it worked. I have been spoting since Saturday and AF is suppose to come tomorrow. I hate getting my hopes up for something positive to only have them dashed in the end! This is really beginning to suck!!
Me(36), DH(37), TTC 20 months,3 rounds clomid, 3 IUIs with HCG trigger/clomid all BFNs, now trying naturally

maragayle replied to att76's response:
As frustrated as I am, I can only imagine how you feel with the dreaded clock ticking in your ear. How many cycles are they going to continue doing IUI?

maragayle replied to Leah25Brooke2's response:
I would imagine your body taking the initiative to start AF would be better than using medication to get things started, but I've O'd after using provera plus clomid or femara.

Yes, I've already had the HSG done. No blockages or anything negative to note there. Though, that test hurt like none other!

Leah25Brooke2 replied to maragayle's response:
Great! Than things are going in the right direction for you if Femara is working better to make you O!

Leah25Brooke2 replied to att76's response:
UGH. I'm so sorry! Hang in there. I'm wondering the same thing as maragayle, are you going to try more IUIs? Is IVF an option if it gets to that point?

kam20 responded:
I think that femara will work for you. I mean who know when you stop trying you just might get pregnant that is what I keep telling myself . How many mg of femara are you taking?

att76 replied to maragayle's response:
My RE didn't say. It kind of is what we want to do. Hind sight being 20/20 I wish we would have just gone straight to IUI after my surgery. We may or may not have known something by now. Oh well, I asked DH last night what he wanted to do if this didn't work..he just said do we need to figure that out right now? No, because AF hasn't shown yet, but have been spotting since Saturday so I am guessing she is coming soon! Glad there are quite a few of us that are just getting tired of the constant disappointment!
Me(36), DH(37), TTC 20 months,3 rounds clomid, 3 IUIs with HCG trigger/clomid all BFNs, now trying naturally

att76 replied to Leah25Brooke2's response:
My RE didn't say how many IUIs he wanted to do, but it kind of is whatever we want to do. DH and I will do IVF but only as the last resort! So pretty sure AF is coming soon, so we need to decide the next step.

maragayle replied to att76's response:
Well, AF might not have shown, but the window to figure things out once she does is pretty short. It wouldn't hurt to at least have the conversation and decide what you want to do next cycle if she does make an appearance!

If this cycle works to make me O, but no baby, I'm going to try at least 3 more times with just the Femara. That would make 6 cycles of consistent ovulation, which is what my RE wanted to see. 3 more cycles just sounds ominous. Ugh.

kam20: I'm on 7.5mg, CD5-9. It's the equivalent of 150mg Clomid. My RE started me right off on the higher dose because lower doses of Clomid didn't do anything for me.

att76 replied to maragayle's response:
Yes, it really wouldn't hurt to have that conversation...I think we both are just hoping even though I know she is coming!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I've been married for almost 2 years to a wonderful man. I've been off birth control since we got married. After a year of no baby naturally, ...More

Helpful Tips

Want to change font size?
It is easy to make the font bigger press and hold your control key and click on the + key until it's as big as you like, To make the ... More
Was this Helpful?
17 of 30 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.