Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
CLOMID
KaylaMartin posted:
I have two children already ages 7 and 2 and both were conceived with help of an injection and the husband and myself want one or two more but can not afford anymore fertility treatments or adoption. I was told clomid is cheap and can be paid for in cash as I don't have medical just yet because even though we have been together many years we are not legally married as of now and I cant be put under his medical. We have our own home, minivan and plenty of neautral baby items so all we are missing is the big family we've wanted forever. I had someone tell me they bought their clomid online for under a hundred dollars and didnt need a prescription and fell pregnant a month or two later which is awesome but I am skeptical about buying any medication online because how do I know if it is safe or not. Do I need a prescription for the pills or can I just purchase it through the pharmacy with cash?

Leah25Brooke2 responded:
You have to have a presciption for Clomid. I wouldn't just go buying something that wasn't prescibed - it could be anything. Do you have a Dr - even an old one that knows your history - that could maybe just call in the clomid for you?
Me(26)DH(28)DD(3) TTC 2nd- 1yr, 1st round of clomid 50mg - BFN, 2nd - MC, 3rd- BFN. Been trying naturally 6mos, waiting for AF in Sep to start 100mg of Clomid!

maragayle responded:
I'm with Leah. You need a prescription and at least minimal monitoring by a doctor to make sure the medicine is working properly and you're not overstimulating your ovaries. Self medication is very dangerous.

Another thought: If you can't afford infertility treatments as basic as Clomid, you're not going to be able to afford all of the checkups, ultrasounds, delivery, etc. that come along with being pregnant. I would figure out the insurance piece then see someone professionally. Does your state allow you to file as a domestic partner? I know you can here. You just have to show proof of cohabitation and joint responsibility for bills, bank accounts, etc. My husband and I went that route before we officially married so we had time to plan and pay for a wedding.
Me 23, DH 25, TTC 2 years,8 rounds Clomid, round four 7.5mg Femara this cycle, test 8/27

Spotlight: Member Stories

well me and my DH are 28yrs old and have been TTC off and on since '06 au natural. its been a very hard struggle emotionally, physically, and fina...More

Helpful Tips

Helpful Tips
AF-Aunt Flo BFN- Big Fat Negitive BFP- Big Fat Positiove EWCM- Egg White cervicle Mucus CM- Cervial Mucus LMP- Last menstral Period BBT- ... More
Was this Helpful?
27 of 28 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.