Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Doctor Appt
Anon_140926 posted:
So I went to the doctor today I started taking femara 5mg when I 1st went for a check on CD12 nothing!!! Today I found that my body is just all out of whack. I didnt have anything on CD12 today on CD14 I had good news I have a folicole sorry for the spelling that was the size 22 so I started my 1st shot today to jump start O. I really hope it works but I still have my doubts have anybody been through this yet?
FirstPrevious12NextLast

Leah25Brooke2 responded:
There were a few ladies that used to be on here that did the shot, and got their BFP!
Me(26)DH(28)DD(3) TTC 2nd- 1yr, 1st round of clomid 50mg - BFN, 2nd - MC, 3rd- BFN. Been trying naturally 6mos, waiting for AF in Sep to start 100mg of Clomid!

jessi2056 replied to Leah25Brooke2's response:
I was on clomid for a couple months b/c femara didn't work for me and the first time I took my trigger shot ever I got my BFP! I have high hopes for you! Fingers and toes crossed!
Me (23), DH (24) TTC for 20 months, 3 m/c's no live births. 1 round of Femara, 1 round clomid,(both unsuccessful). on 2nd round of clomid. hCG test 3-19!

Anon_140926 replied to jessi2056's response:
Thank you we are praying that it works i will be testing two weeks from tuesday so we will see it would be a great birthday gift. I am very hopeful I was advise to take femara 1st because clomid side effects are bad is that true?

Leah25Brooke2 replied to Anon_140926's response:
I only had occassional hot flashes on Clomid 50mg... but some people are bothered by more side effects. I've had friends who said it made them "crazy" from mood swings, etc. It didn't really give me mood swings.
Me(26)DH(28)DD(3) TTC 2nd- 1yr, 1st round of clomid 50mg - BFN, 2nd - MC, 3rd- BFN. Been trying naturally 6mos, waiting for AF in Sep to start 100mg of Clomid!

Nagi08 replied to jessi2056's response:
Happy you got your BFP, I just got my appointment for 31 august and am wondering what options I may talk about. Did you do the trigger shot with Clomid or with femara?

Anon_140926 replied to Nagi08's response:
I am taking femara 5 mg so far no side effects I like it we will see what happens in 2 weeks I took my shot to O on tuesday we have been busy so finger cross lol!!!

Nagi08 replied to Anon_140926's response:
Lol @ the line "been busy" and good luck with loads of baby dust to you. Will see, or more like hear what my doctor would prefer I try first, and I hope it all works out a BFP.......... Keep us posted as you go along the ttw, if you feel any changes. for some reasons, am feeling like a miracle has happened and there would be some BFPs this cycles

kzim517 responded:
After months of clomid, we did a cycle of Femara HCG with our 2nd IUI. I now have a beautiful little boy because of it. Stay positive, it can happen.

Anon_140926 replied to kzim517's response:
Thank you I am trying tomorrow I am suppose to test so we will see I am hoping to see my BFP!!! I will keep you posted.

roxypam replied to Anon_140926's response:
Waouh you must be so excited and anxious at the same time! Our days are not so different, AF is supposed to show up 2 days from today, praying she does not! Thanks for keeping us posted.

Anon_140926 replied to roxypam's response:
Ok ladies I took 4 test and all BFP!!!!! I am very happy and shock at the same time.

Nagi08 replied to Anon_140926's response:
Wow!!!!!!! Congratulations babe's,,,, I just knew it was time for miracles to happen on here, wish mi some of that baby dust next cycle after my doc's appt. Congrats again and H H9...

Anon_140926 replied to Nagi08's response:
Thank You so much I hope and pray for everyone on here I went in for bloodwork today so hopefully everything looks ok!!!!!

roxypam replied to Anon_140926's response:
I'm so happy for you!!! Congratulations!!! I remember your post where you were saying that your body is out of whack, my God, this is so nice...I can't help imagine your joy right now.
As for me i haven't tested yet, AF was supposed to show up today but nothing yet. I'm so scared of testing and finding out it is BFN. I'm not feeling any cramps, any different or nothing, that's why i'm thinking may be it is just late. Are you feeling any different? What persuaded you to test?

Spotlight: Member Stories

TTC for 2 years, 39, married, 14 year old son-so I know it all works! Round 3 of clomid.

Helpful Tips

Want to change font size?
It is easy to make the font bigger press and hold your control key and click on the + key until it's as big as you like, To make the ... More
Was this Helpful?
17 of 30 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.