Skip to content
3rd round of Clomid....need some support !!!
DJ3122 posted:
Hello ladies

This is my third round of clomid 100mg. Had taken 50mg the first round (ovulated) and second round (no ovulation). So my RE upped my dosage to 100 mg for this cycle. I'm here to get support from u all coz i have been so depressed after my last two cycles . Hoping it works this time !!! Would really appreciate some positivity coming this side. Thank u.

maragayle responded:
The first few rounds of Clomid are trial and error to see how your body responds to the medication. Don't be too flustered by the mixed results. Once you find a dose that makes you O consistently, you'll be able to time things better.

Clomid only worked sporadically for me. I'm now on Letrozole (generic Femara), which seems to have much better results for me. Clomid doesn't work for everyone, but there are options out there for you if you need them. Hang in there!
Me 23, DH 25, TTC 2 years,8 rounds Clomid, round four 7.5mg Femara this cycle, test 8/27

DJ3122 replied to maragayle's response:
Thanks soo much !! I've read many ppl say that femara works better & has lesser side effects...my RE probably will prescribe that if clomid does not work this time...but i'm hoping that it'll work for this cycle !!! Cant wait to hav a baby !!

maragayle replied to DJ3122's response:
I don't really have any side effects on Femara other than decreased appetite while taking it. Honestly though, that's a side effect I can live with! I like it much more than Clomid!
Me 23, DH 25, TTC 2 years,8 rounds Clomid, round four 7.5mg Femara this cycle, test 8/27

Thats nice to know !! With clomid i've been having bad headaches. Otherwise it has been ok. I'm on provera now, to start AF coz i did not ovulate last month i did not get my AF on my own. So its a long wait for me

maragayle replied to DJ3122's response:
Oh, I had the works for side effects with Clomid. I read somewhere that the more side effects you have, the less effective the medication for Clomid? I don't know if that's true or not.

When I don't O, AF doesn't come either, so I know how long the wait can be. Waiting stinks all around when you're TTC. Hang in there!

I hope thats not true !! Not that i hav many side effects...jus the headaches..

Ufff..did not know it takes sooo much to hav a baby..but am sure it'll be all worth it ..what cycle on femara are u ?

lemzky replied to DJ3122's response:
I got pregnant with my third round of Clomid (50mg). Trying for baby #2 and on third round now. I have major side effects....pretty much all of them. Good luck to you! Hang in there...when you finally get pregnant you will forget all the ups and downs of the process.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I was diagnosed with PCOS in the Fall of 2011 when after a year of TTC and being unsuccessful went in to see the doctor. I was placed on Metformin 500...More

Helpful Tips

Want to change font size?
It is easy to make the font bigger press and hold your control key and click on the + key until it's as big as you like, To make the ... More
Was this Helpful?
17 of 30 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.