Skip to content
EWCM or early pregnancy sign???
An_247313 posted:
Hello,
I am on my first round of Clomid 50mg and am very confused at when the "Big O" happened. I took my Clomid days 3-7 of my cycle and on day 10 of my cycle I got a smiley face on my OPK! I did not have the EWCM, but since I never had a smiley face before, plus heard that Clomid sometimes changes the CM, I figured it was my fertile time! I know Clomid can sometimes give a false positive, but it was 3 days after my last pill and I had taken 3 other tests throughout day 10 with no positive. So... today is day 15 for me and I've noticed an increase in CM and today even more of what appears to be the EWCM. I also have been charting my Basal Temp beginning this month and had a small dip in temp on day 11 and again today on day 15. I am so confused! Anybody else on Clomid ever have this happen - how can I tell when the signs are all so conflicting???

maragayle responded:
The best advice would be to BD as though you knew you were Oing. With Clomid (and especially if you have PCOS?), it can be hard to tell when O is actually occurring. If you see signs of O, whether it be an OPK or indications from your body, go ahead and BD accordingly...then you have all of your bases covered.
Me 23, DH 25, TTC 2 years,8 rounds Clomid, round four 7.5mg Femara this cycle, test 8/27

keepingfaith2012 replied to maragayle's response:
Thanks for the advice, yes, that's what we are doing... I guess I'm just being a little impatient I won't be able to take a pregnancy test until Thursday of this week and am desperate to see early signs of pregnancy. I do not have PCOS but I have a rare kind of tumor (non-cancerous thank God). I had a 13cm tumor/cyst on each ovary and I had 1 ovary removed in April. They saved one so we can try to conceive but I will need that one removed too The good news is that my FH and other tests came back great (I have plenty of eggs, cycle regular, etc...) But with how large the tumor is (kinda like the size of 2 grapefruits), they aren't sure if the eggs can get through that mess and into my tubes. So they put me on Clomid for 3 months & if this doesn't work we are probably looking at IVF (which of course is not only stressful but SO costly!).
So... we are hoping & praying at this point! I'm going in Tuesday for a pregesterone check to make sure I O-d this month. The BBT is not working for me.. I get up at different times and last week was not sleeping well & I know that can give inaccurate charting. I see you can test tomorrow 8/27 - fingers crossed for you & Good luck!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I was diagnosed with PCOS when I was 15, an age where having children was far from my mind. Now, I'm older, married, and we are ready to have a ch...More

Helpful Tips

Want to read "discussions" only?
Well that's easy too, on the left hand side you see many links one of them is "discussions", click on it and you'll only see the ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 23 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.