Skip to content
Luteal Phase?
Leah25Brooke2 posted:
I've been tracking my cycles, and after I O, I start my period 10 days later. Im 11 DPO, and no signs of AF. When will a test be accurate? Do I still have to wait until 14 DPO or can I test sooner? Isn't your luteal phase always the same? Is there hope?
Me(26)DH(28)DD(3) TTC 2nd- 1yr, 1st round of clomid 50mg - BFN, 2nd - MC, 3rd- BFN. Been trying naturally 6mos, waiting for AF in Sep to start 100mg of Clomid!
FirstPrevious12NextLast

maragayle responded:
I would wait until 14 DPO. That's what those tests are intended for, so results right now may not be accurate. Luteal phases can vary a little from month to month, by a couple of days.
Me 23, DH 25, TTC 2 years,8 rounds Clomid, round four 7.5mg Femara this cycle, test 8/27

Leah25Brooke2 replied to maragayle's response:
Okay thanks! I have such a hard time NOT testing... LOL
Me(26)DH(28)DD(3) TTC 2nd- 1yr, 1st round of clomid 50mg - BFN, 2nd - MC, 3rd- BFN. Been trying naturally 6mos, waiting for AF in Sep to start 100mg of Clomid!

maragayle replied to Leah25Brooke2's response:
I hardly even think about it anymore. I mentioned in another post I literally FORGOT to test this month. Oops.
Me 23, DH 25, TTC 2 years,8 rounds Clomid, round four 7.5mg Femara this cycle, test 8/27

Leah25Brooke2 replied to maragayle's response:
Goodness! I wish I could be more like that! I test obsessively... wish I could be reimbursed for all the tests I've bought. I broke down and tested today, BFN on 12 DPO. So I'm sure I'm not pregnant, and I've been having cramps off and on.. so now I'm just wanting AF to show up so I can try the clomid!

roxypam replied to Leah25Brooke2's response:
I use to test all the time, but i do not anymore, because if all the BFN i've seen. I also had a lot of cramps this month, but i said to myself do not test until 15DPO, which was today. And of course AF showed up yesterday.
Anyway you still have some hope, you may have your BFP. As MAra said, wait and test again on 14 DPO, if AF doesn't show. Good luck.

Leah25Brooke2 replied to roxypam's response:
I think there may still be some hope, seeing as how tests aren't really that accurate 12 DPO. The longest luteal phase I've had in the last year after a definite O, is 12 days - but that was on the Clomid. Each time I've O'd on my own, its been exactly 10 days. So we'll see. The cramping makes me think AF, though. I guess I will just have to wait it out and hope for the best. I'm not getting too excited really because I wasn't really planning anything to happen this month - I was looking forward to next month and the 100 mg of Clomid. So either way, I will be fine.

Roxypam, whats new with you? Are you on a 2ww?

Mara, I know you just got AF. That's such a bummer. You're still doing the Femara, right?

My 2ww was over yesterday with AF. Was a bummer, but i kinda expected it for some reason... Taking a break from Clomid and waiting for my next appointment with the RE.

13 DPO and still no sign of AF... now I'm getting curious. I'm going to test on Monday morning. 15 DPO. Here's to hopin!

Leah25Brooke2 replied to Leah25Brooke2's response:
BFN on 14 DPO. I couldn't wait for 15 DPO. Pathetic. Anyways, I'm going to give it this week for AF to show up on her own, I've been cramping for over a week now, and I rather start AF naturally than use provera. But if AF doesn't come this week, I will call and get provera so I can start the clomid. I'm so just, sorry, pissed, because I can't figure out my cycles. My luteal phase is always 10 days - every time I've O'd on my own. Now I'm on 15 DPO and no AF and a BFN. What gives??

I totally understand how you feel, not being able to figure out your cycles is very frustrating. It happenned to me more than once to be over 20DPO and still no AF and BFN. I agree with giving AF this week to show up, if she doesn't test again and if BFN, go see the doctor so you can start your Clomid.

AF showed up today! 15 DPO. I hate how irregualr my cycles are, nothing is constant at all. But when I took Clomid before, they were very regular. I don't even feel disappointed about AF, because I wasn't even counting on this month, even though since AF was late and I thought there may be a chance, now I'm just excited about starting 100 mg Clomid days 3-7!

mrs62610 replied to Leah25Brooke2's response:
Sorry for the BFN, but glad to hear AF finally showed. Good luck this next round!
Me-24 DH-37 TTC 1st for 16 months. 3 rounds of Clomid all BFN's. 3rd round of Femara, Ovidrel, and LP Progesterone. Adding IUI this cycle

Sorry about AF showing up Leah. It is crazy sometimes when it takes time and makes you think there is a chance, and bummer! Well at least as you said you do not feel desappointed makes me feel better. Good luck for this cycle you have been waiting so much about. I pray that the Clomid works for you! Tell us how the journey will be going for you.

Leah25Brooke2 replied to mrs62610's response:
Thanks! When do you do your IUI?

Spotlight: Member Stories

My daughter died at 3 days old in May 2012 so we are ttc again and having not a lot of luck :( me: 31 dh: 32 ttc #2- 2.5 months BUT this is after a ho...More

Helpful Tips

Want to change font size?
It is easy to make the font bigger press and hold your control key and click on the + key until it's as big as you like, To make the ... More
Was this Helpful?
17 of 30 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.