Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Very frustrated
huntfishlove posted:
Well i have been on clomid now going on five cycles. Two of them now 1100 mg. Well july 2012 finally fell pregant on to end in mc at 5 weeks. Soon as i took 100 mg fell pregant. Well now trying again I am cycles 5-9 wondering if you get more success with cycles 2-9. Just wondering because i have tried for 2 years and really want a baby. I losing my faith that i will ever get pregant again and stay pregant. Just a the end of my boat...

maragayle responded:
I'm with you! DH and I have been trying since July of 2010. Two excruciatingly long years later, I haven't gotten pregnant. AF started today. Ugh! I'm on Femara now....Clomid was a bust for me.

The only thing we can do is try every option out there. If it happens, it happens...if it doesn't... Well, I don't really want to think about that. At least if we exhaust all of the options we'll never wonder "what if" later on in life. It's just really frustrating to NOT be in control of your own future. I always figured how many kids I had would be up to me, but right now I can't even conceive our first.
Me 23, DH 25, TTC 2 years,8 rounds Clomid, round four 7.5mg Femara this cycle, test 8/27

roxypam responded:
I totally feel you. We have been trying since 2010 and nothing, was diagnosed with PCOS April 2012, did not have any medical insurance before. It is so frustrating, but i agree with maragayle, we will exhaust all the options and if it still doesn't happen at leat we tried. I also use to have a lot of names already for my future kids, now i'm not even sure i will have one.
***Maragayle, AF showed up yesterday for me. I also think Clomid is not working for me, will def ask about Femara to my RE. But i'm taking a break this month, i need to replenish, and just rest from all the crazy side effects i had from clomid.

huntfishlove replied to maragayle's response:
I know how it feels to want something so bad and you think it will never happen. I have been going through the heartbreak of losing my baby. That took so long to conceive..I will try every option any thing..I will know i tried . I was always told getting pregant would never happen and it did. Comes down to my faith and yours. I really hope it happens for you. FAITH and HOPE is what i live on....

KJJH02 replied to maragayle's response:
I know how you guys feel too and clomid didn't work for me either. I never got pregnant on it and took it for six cycles. This tough and the hardest two years. I will continue to try everything in the hopes of conceiving. How is Fermara working for you Maragayle?

blueeyebaby replied to maragayle's response:
I just went to an RE the other day (first consult appt). We discussed femera too and will start that next month. Are you actually Oing on femera? How does it compare to comid?
Mary(31), DH(31),2 angels (11/07)(2/08), DS(1/09), DD(7/10). TTC3, cycle 2 of clomid (100mg, cd3-7)

blueeyebaby replied to roxypam's response:
roxypam, I was just diagnosed with PCOS. Are you taking metformin? If so how is it working for you? Did you have many side effects? Did it change your cycle? My dr has me waiting a month to see how metformin works for me and for it to get into my system. Then we will start Femera 5 mg. She hopes femera will work better for me than the comid did. I am some what dissapointed in having to wait a cycle but if it work...that's the goal!!

What dose of clomid are you on?
Mary(31), DH(31),2 angels (11/07)(2/08), DS(1/09), DD(7/10). TTC3, cycle 2 of clomid (100mg, cd3-7)

roxypam replied to blueeyebaby's response:
I was prescribed Metformin for 3 mths, took it in June, July and August. The first week was horrible, it has nausea, diarrhea and fatigue, the second week was ok, and on the third week i had almost no side effects. After that my body got used to it and i didn't feel anything. I did ovulate right away on Metformin but my husband was out of town during that time, so BFN that month. My cycle was shorten by 2 days only that month, but the second month i took it along with Clomid and i had a 28-day cycle.
So i say give the Met a try and see how it works, and i heard from many that Femara actually works better than Clomid, we have one lady in this community who had a BFP with Femara. I myself will be asking about it when i go see the RE.
I know the wait is crazy but, you know you can also conceive on Metformin alone if it works for you! Many women did, you just maybe one them lucky ones!
Me(30) DH(38).TTC 1yr.3mths 1700mg Metformin.2rounds 50mg clomid.Ovulated but all BFN.On a break before seeing RE.

maragayle replied to roxypam's response:
I'm on 2000mg/day Metformin. Getting used to it SUCKS! Don't skip doses if you can avoid it, or some of those nasty side effects come back and your body has to get used to it all over again. The side effects are worse with poor diet, too. The healthier you eat, the less you'll have. Fatty foods Metformin = a BAD time! The Met helped me to lose the 20lbs PCOS made me gain. Up until taking it I couldn't lose weight for the life of me. I was eating healthy, exercising religiously and lucky to even maintain my weight.

Expense-wise, Femara can be costly. Letrozole is the generic. Make sure to shop around. The pharmacy I had used since birth quoted me over $230 for 15 2.5mg tablets. My new pharmacy fills the same prescription for $8.99. We ended up switching everything to the new place!

I LOVE Femara compared to Clomid. I have had virtually no side effects on Femara. I had the entire list on Clomid, save blurred vision. The only side effect I experience is a slightly decreased appetite. (Honestly, who would that bother anyway?) I have ovulated consistently for the past three months. My cycles are usually somewhere in the 30-35 day range. I was told anything 35 or under is acceptable.

The RE asked that I consistently ovulate for six months since that's how long it can take a "normal" couple to conceive. So, today is CD8, round 4. If we don't conceive this cycle or the next two, we'll discuss IUI and IVF. Hopefully it won't come down to that, but we shall see.
Me 23, DH 25, TTC 2 years,8 rounds Clomid, round four 7.5mg Femara this cycle, test 8/27

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi Everyone! My name is Lauren and I am 28 years old. I have been married for 6 years and have a 4 year-old daughter who is anxiously awaiting a lit...More

Helpful Tips

Helpful Tips
AF-Aunt Flo BFN- Big Fat Negitive BFP- Big Fat Positiove EWCM- Egg White cervicle Mucus CM- Cervial Mucus LMP- Last menstral Period BBT- ... More
Was this Helpful?
27 of 28 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.