Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Brand New
An_247691 posted:
Hello to all,

I am brand new to this discussion world and a brand new user of clomid. My husband and I have 5 children and I've always wanted one more, and we've finally decided to do so. However, I am at what they call the high risk age 40 and my husband is 5 years younger. I've never had a problem getting pregnant before but we've been trying for awhile with no luck so we decided to try this route. This is my first cycle so I'm not sure what to expect, I'm trying not to get my hopes up for the first go round but sometimes you just can't help yourself. I've enjoyed reading some of the post, but I must admit I don't understand what some of the acronyms mean yet.

sproutkm responded:
am still learning as well. I had my first round in July trying to pregnant with my 1st. i had some serous hot flashes, keep cold water on you and fan to cool you off. I also had a cyst in one ovary the next month so we could no try in August. I am waiting for my next cycle to start so we can try this month hopefully that cyst is gone. it is hard to not to het hopes up i did and got disappointed but at the same time the pills worked for me and did what they were suppose to i just didnt get pregnant. I wish the best for you and your family.

vDurant replied to sproutkm's response:
Good luck to you as well.

Spotlight: Member Stories

TTC for 2 years, 39, married, 14 year old son-so I know it all works! Round 3 of clomid.

Helpful Tips

Want to change font size?
It is easy to make the font bigger press and hold your control key and click on the + key until it's as big as you like, To make the ... More
Was this Helpful?
17 of 30 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.