Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
telling people
sproutkm posted:
my husband and i are about to start our second treatment of clomid, i want to keep it between us and my husband wants to tell the family, and we are argueing about it i understand where he coming from that he wants the support system but i cant stand to tell people if didnt work agian(if thats the result this time) like July when we tried our first cycle. i dont know how to get him to understand my point of view. any suggestions?

maragayle responded:
Maybe you can reach a middle ground with him? Perhaps it would be okay for him to tell his parents, but not the entire family. It's important to have someone (other than your spouse) to talk to and offer support. In the beginning of this process I didn't want anyone to know. Over time, we started telling people when they asked when we planned on starting our family. In the end, it's a huge relief not to have this huge secret hanging over our heads. It also cuts out a lot, if not all, of the awkward conversations about babies and starting a family. Ultimately, it's up to you, but I'd try to find some sort of compromise.
Me 23, DH 25, TTC 2 years,8 rounds Clomid, round four 7.5mg Femara this cycle, test 8/27

sproutkm replied to maragayle's response:
yeah thats true it has been a little relief with the people we have told, they all know we are in treatments i just didnt want to tell them exact dates of stuff. Then we found out this morning on facebook my sister in law who is 21 and has no job is pregnant.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My husband and I have been together since 2005. We have been married since 2008. We have been off birthcontrol since 2010. We have never had a BFP. My...More

Helpful Tips

Want to read "discussions" only?
Well that's easy too, on the left hand side you see many links one of them is "discussions", click on it and you'll only see the ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 23 found this helpful