Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Weird
Mrs62610 posted:
Ok I know I was not imagining it but I had a burning/tingling sensation in my breasts today. I had a sharp pain shoot through one on Friday and some mild burning/tingling last night but most of today they felt this way. I know I'm not imagining it because I wasn't even looking for signs or symptoms and it was very uncomfortable. I will find out Tuesday if it's significant but I will say I have NEVER felt this feeling before. Hmmmm, to test or not to test in the morning!
Me-24 DH-37 TTC 1st for 16 months. 3 rounds of Clomid all BFN's. 3rd round of Femara, Ovidrel, and LP Progesterone. Adding IUI this cycle. Blood test 9/18
FirstPrevious12NextLast

Leah25Brooke2 responded:
Ugh! I hate that - the whole new symptom thing and wondering if it means something! Knowing me, I would test - because I can never resist! I'm waiting for O. I'm on CD 14 and have been have EWCM and achy pains for a couple of days, so it should be any day now. It's all such a waiting game! Ugh! Well - I hope it's a good sign for you! Praying for ya!
Me(26)DH(28)DD(3) TTC 2nd- 13 mos, 1st round of clomid 50mg - BFN, 2nd - MC, 3rd- BFN. Been trying naturally 6mos, waiting for AF in Sep to start 100mg of Clomid!

Mrs62610 replied to Leah25Brooke2's response:
Thank you! Tested a few minutes ago, BFN. (12DPO) I can't trust my body at all. I thought, "Oh my, I have never experienced this nor have I been watching for it, it was just there." It's sooooo irritating. I go tomorrow for a blood test to confirm. I am sure it will say the same. I definitely need some prayers right now! I was feeling very positive yesterday about this being it and now my hopes are dashed. I suppose it could be too early but I'm so used to seeing the negatives that it's all I expect to see anymore.

That's great you are about to O! Good luck this round and I'll be praying for you too!
Me-24 DH-37 TTC 1st for 16 months. 3 rounds of Clomid all BFN's. 3rd round of Femara, Ovidrel, and LP Progesterone. Adding IUI this cycle. Blood test 9/18

maragayle replied to Mrs62610's response:
Bummer! I know you're getting as frustrated with this process as I am! I'm at the point where if I got a BFP I'd have to drive to the store, buy every test on the shelf, use them, then go get blood work to confirm before I even thought about believing it.
Me 23, DH 25, TTC 2 years,8 rounds Clomid, round four 7.5mg Femara this cycle, test 8/27

Leah25Brooke2 replied to Mrs62610's response:
UGH! I'm sorry. There's a small chance it may be too early. I guess you will just have to see with the bloodwork. I hope it's just too early! But if it really is BFN, I'm sorry!

I thought for sure O was about to come for me, but I woke up this morning with the wrong kind of CM - and I still haven't had a LH surge even with the achy pains so i don't know if I'm going to ovulate or not. My friend says all the aches are the eggs maturing. On 50mg I got the ache with the LH surge, now my ovaries have been aching for days! Anyone have this happen?

Everything is so frustrating!
Me(26)DH(28)DD(3) TTC 2nd- 13 mos, 1st round of clomid 50mg - BFN, 2nd - MC, 3rd- BFN. Been trying naturally 6mos, waiting for AF in Sep to start 100mg of Clomid!

Mrs62610 replied to maragayle's response:
I hear ya! That's kind of where I'm at right now. Even if they called me and said it was positive I would wonder if they called the right person!!!

Mrs62610 replied to Leah25Brooke2's response:
Yeah there is a small chance it could be too early. I am 12DPO but still 4 days before my "missed period". I'm not expecting anything though. I will just wait to hear what they find out from the blood test.

This cycle I had pain in one ovary for several days before O. It was also sore for several days after. They said I had a 25mm follicle which is quite large and that O would be painful and they were right! Hope that helps!

maragayle replied to Leah25Brooke2's response:
I get aches and pains around O, too. They last up to 3-4 days for me. My method is to BD as soon as they start (or even a day or two prior) right on through until CM doesn't look fertile any more. Better too much than not enough.
Me 23, DH 25, TTC 2 years,8 rounds Clomid, round four 7.5mg Femara this cycle, test 8/27

Leah25Brooke2 replied to maragayle's response:
Thanks!

Leah25Brooke2 replied to Mrs62610's response:
Thanks! I'm hoping for ya!

Guys, I'm afraid the 100mg clomid wrecked my CM. On my own, I have a lot of fertile CM. (so why the heck cant I get pregnant on my own? ggr) With these aches, which makes me assume Im approaching ovulation I've had small amounts of clear slippery cm on CD 13 and 14, but now I'm on 15 - still having the aches, and they are stronger today - but still no LH surge and now the CM is cream colored and very scant? What the heck? I'm just over analysing things probably but I've always used CM as a good clear marker because my body usually produces it well. Now, its scant and not the right color for ovulation. Are my chances lower now ??

Unfortunately, that's a common complaint with Clomid. It wreaks havoc on your CM, often making your CM hostile instead of accommodating for sperm. Have you tried Femara? Or is that an option to try? As my RE explained to me, Clomid targets your entire reproductive system and has some negative side effects such as the reduction of CM. Femara/Letrozole targets only the ovaries to stimulate them and doesn't have the nasty side effects on your CM. I've definitely seen the difference in my CM between the Clomid and the Femara. Just some food for thought.

My OB said if the Clomid didn't work, we would try Femara. She was going to give the Clomid two tries, but maybe if I tell her my CM was horrible, she'll let me try the Femara next round.

Can I just tell you about this cycle and see what you think? I had cream CM starting CD 10- by CD 13 I had the achy pain and, though smaller than usual, I had clear slippery CM on CD 13 and 14 - day 15 it was slippery, but very cream colored. I've never gotten a positive LH surge. Is ovulation till approaching? It seems like it's over - or am I just too early? Or is it never going to happen? Is Early Pregnancy Test material accurate - because those are the OPK's I'm using. I'm just confused and afraid this round is a bust - I was planning on BDing like crazy this week but now my DH is laid up sick. sigh. I know that cream colored usually precedes ovulation - so am probably just too early right? It's just the clear slippery CM on days 13 and 14 thats throwing me off. I'm confused! I'd like to hear what you think, you're an expert!

I don't know about being an expert! Haha. I've definitely been at this a while, though! I don't even bother with the OPKs anymore. I don't buy them. I have never had a positive OPK, even when my blood work confirmed O for the month. I know I'm Oing, but for whatever reason the OPKs don't seem to be accurate. Read the instruction booklet that comes with them. Some say they won't work when using fertility drugs and name Clomid as an example. Some suggest testing multiple times a day, too. It's easy to miss the surge.

My theory is I know O will happen for me sometime between CD14 and CD18. I start BDing CD11 and try to continue at least once every other day throughout that week. When in doubt, BD just in case. It can't hurt.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I've been married for almost 2 years to a wonderful man. I've been off birth control since we got married. After a year of no baby naturally, ...More

Helpful Tips

Want to change font size?
It is easy to make the font bigger press and hold your control key and click on the + key until it's as big as you like, To make the ... More
Was this Helpful?
17 of 30 found this helpful