Skip to content
Here we go again
mrs62610 posted:
I'm such an idiot. I got the call and it was negative. They also decided to check my thyroid hormone (TSH) this time because I have had problems with it in the past. They like the number to be between 1.5 and 2 and my number was 3.06. They are supposed to call me back because the RE will probably want me to start on some medication for it. I guess I'll look at that as sort of good news. Maybe it is an explanation. We'll see.
Me-24 DH-37 TTC 1st for 16 months. 3 rounds of Clomid all BFN's. 3rd round of Femara, Ovidrel, and LP Progesterone. Adding IUI this cycle. Blood test 9/18
FirstPrevious12NextLast

Leah25Brooke2 responded:
You are NOT an idiot. I'm sorry that it was negative. I am notorious for over thinking symptoms, its so hard not to. I know the thyroid can hinder getting pregnant, so maybe thats it. Have they checked your tubes? You seem to O well. I really hope we can all have some good news soon. It seems like we keep getting bad news...
Me(26)DH(28)DD(3) TTC 2nd- 13 mos, 1st round of clomid 50mg - BFN, 2nd - MC, 3rd- BFN. Been trying naturally 6mos, waiting for AF in Sep to start 100mg of Clomid!

mrs62610 replied to Leah25Brooke2's response:
I had such a great feeling of hope when I had the burning/tingling thing going on because I was not looking for symptoms it just was there. Oh well, now I know for sure not to trust ANYTHING until I get the call and I hear it was positive. We are hoping that the problem is the thyroid and it will be resolved but who knows, just have to wait and see! No, they haven't checked my tubes, I'm not sure why or why not. The nurse practioner said I have O'd very well each time with 1-2 mature follicles. We do need some good news! It's been so long! I was told that according to our insurance we have to do 2 more IUI's before they will consider covering IVF. I have no problem doing 2 more IUI's, but I'm nervous about IVF because it just seems like the end of the road. I'm trying to just be positive and hope that my new medicine straightens me out and it finally happens soon!!
Me-24 DH-37 TTC 1st for 16 months. 3 rounds of Clomid all BFN's. 3rd round of Femara, Ovidrel, and LP Progesterone. Adding IUI this cycle. Blood test 9/18

Leah25Brooke2 replied to mrs62610's response:
I hope it happens soon for you too!! That's odd to me they haven't checked your tubes! You O so well, that doesn't seem to be the problem. At any rate, this board needs some good news. Badly!
Me(26)DH(28)DD(3) TTC 2nd- 13 mos, 1st round of clomid 50mg - BFN, 2nd - MC, 3rd- BFN. Been trying naturally 6mos, waiting for AF in Sep to start 100mg of Clomid!

mrs62610 replied to Leah25Brooke2's response:
I may bring up checking my tubes next time we go in. I almost lost it at work yesterday, I just got off the phone with the nurse telling me everything and then my SIL texted me a pic of my 3 month old nephew. (Who is absolutely adorable, by the way) I love the little man to pieces but it's hard when you think I could have had a baby that age if this had worked out last year. At the end of this cycle we will have been trying 18 months. If you had asked me 18 months ago where I thought I'd be, I never would have guessed I would be discussing the possibilty of IVF in the near future.

maragayle replied to mrs62610's response:
You haven't done an HSG yet? That was one of the first recommendations made by my OBGYN. She refused to prescribe anything until we checked to make sure my tubes were open. They were (Thank God)! I would definitely ask about it.

The emotions surrounding TTC and IF are the worst aspect of this entire process. DH and I have been TTC for 2 years and 2 months. I could have a baby over a year old if things had worked out how we wanted them to. It's crazy to think about, and very frustrating!

My sister decided to TTC when she found out DH and I were trying. She was pissed at me, to put it bluntly. She's 8 years older than I am and had always assumed she was going to have the first grandchild. However, until we started TTC she kept putting it off. Of course, she got pregnant right out of the gate. My nephew/godson turned 1 in May. I love him to death, but a part of me is jealous/angry. It's impossible NOT to feel that way, especially since he wouldn't have been here had DH and I not mentioned to my sister we were TTC.

Here's the silver lining. By now, you all know we took in DH's nephew and will be adopting him. (YAY!) This process has made me appreciate that little boy SO much more than I would have having not been through this. The last time my Mom and stepfather came to visit Mom said to me, "you know, your stepfather and I were talking. He said you're ten times the mother that your sister is, and DS isn't even your biological son." She went on to tell me how proud she was, how happy DS seems to be and how we're doing something wonderful. Of course, she added in that DH and I will have a little girl of our own one day biologically. I wish I could be as confident as my mom in that regard.
Me 23, DH 25, TTC 2 years,8 rounds Clomid, round four 7.5mg Femara this cycle, test 8/27

Leah25Brooke2 replied to maragayle's response:
Mrs, definitely ask about your tubes!

Maragayle, thats wonderful you get to adopt your nephew. I'm so happy that both of you have each other - that he will have the mother that he deserves, and that you get to experience that. I know that the hope to have your own biological child never goes away, and I hope that happens for you soon too.

That's crazy about you sister. I try to not get angry, but it used to be easier for me to feel patient/calm/not jealous... lately the emotions have been getting stronger as time just continues to pass.

att76 replied to maragayle's response:
That has just got to make you feel good! It is nice to know that it is noticed how happy your nephew is and how much love you and your DH show your nephew even though he isn't your biological son. Good luck with the adoption process.
Me(36), DH(37), TTC 20 months,3 rounds clomid, 3 IUIs with HCG trigger/clomid all BFNs, now trying naturally

maragayle replied to att76's response:
It definitely makes you proud when your parents tell you you're a good Mommy. Like most women, I hold my mother in pretty high esteem.

How is your cycle going?
Me 23, DH 25, TTC 2 years,8 rounds Clomid, round four 7.5mg Femara this cycle, test 8/27

It is going good. AF lasted 2 days after having almost 6 days of off and on spotting. I started the letrozole on Monday night and go back Wednesday (26th) for the follicle u/s. On Monday I had 10 follicles on the right, 8-9 on the left. I am having some mild twinges I guess so hopefully they are growing like they should.

Other then the adoption, how are things with you?
Me(36), DH(37), TTC 20 months,3 rounds clomid, 3 IUIs with HCG trigger/clomid all BFNs, now trying naturally

Going okay. Today is CD21, so we're getting there. Another week until I can test! The waiting game is getting old.

More cramping this cycle. I've been cramping off and on since O. I don't know if that's related to TTC or something else. I went to the doctor for non-TTC stuff this morning. At the risk of being TMI, they found hemorrhoids. Nothing serious, but enough to be a nuisance. Another thing I shouldn't have until AFTER having a baby. Ugh!

That sucks about the hemorrhoids. Hopefully the cramping isn't something else and is just the result we have all been waiting for.

Well good luck and hang in there! This waiting is getting old, I have to agree!!

I'm not in pain, really. The blood just really freaked me out!

The cramps started too early to be AF, but I'm not going to convince myself they were anything significant. That just leads to disappointment. This cycle has been a little different, but I refuse to believe it's because my BFP is coming.

DH asked me last night why I beat myself up over not being able to conceive. Kind of makes you think once DH calls you out on it. He said, "we have a wonderful life together, and we already have an amazing little one. I'd be happy with what we have." It was sweet, but the problem is I wouldn't be happy. I want more than one child. I'm okay if we eventually have to adopt a second, but I really, really want a biological child. Sigh....

mrs62610 replied to maragayle's response:
Sorry to hear about the hemorrhoids. My mom has had them in the past so I'm sure I will probably have them someday too. Ugh. That's sweet what your DH said, but I can understand wanting one biologically. I want that feeling of knowing this is ours, we made him/her and bonding with them even before they are born. I desperately want to know what that feels like because I have heard so many women talk about how wonderful it is. I'm trying not to cry now, so I'm going to stop there.

I am sure the blood freaked you out. It would have freaked me out too!!

I don't blame you for not wanting to get disappointed again. I do the same thing every month and then when AF shows just get disappointed. I try not to, but it is sooooo hard not too. Stay postive at least!

That is sweet about what DH said. I have to agree with you and probably most ladies...we all want our own biological child...to be able to feel them move inside us, get the belly, and experience all the ups and downs of pregnancy. I would kill to have that experience! I will be very disappointed (to put it mildly) if we are unable to get pregnant.

Hang in there!

Spotlight: Member Stories

My husband and I have been TTC since Sept. 2009. I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism Sept 2009 and PCOS August 2010. Currently on Metformin, going on ...More

Helpful Tips

Want to read "discussions" only?
Well that's easy too, on the left hand side you see many links one of them is "discussions", click on it and you'll only see the ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 23 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.