Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Looking for Advice
82SouthernGal posted:
Hi everyone! My DR had me take Clomid 100 mg for cycle day 3-7, a Bravelle injection on 8/31 and an Ovidrel injection 9/5. I have been taking Progesterone 400mg supplements since the 12th. Today is 16 DPO and I took a HPT and it was negative. I have no signs of AF nor pregnancy but since AF hadn't come yet, I figured I would take the test. This is the first time I have taken Progesterone, so I was wondering if that could be the reason that AF has not started. Can progesterone supplements delay the start of AF?

Mrs62610 responded:
Yes they will. I'm surprised your dr doesn't have you come in for a blood test. I am using progesterone also and around 14 DPO I go for a blood test and if it's negative I stop taking the progesterone and get AF within 3-4 days. I would ask your dr what they want you to do.
Me-24 DH-37 TTC 1st for 16 months. 3 rounds of Clomid all BFN's. 3rd round of Femara, Ovidrel, and LP Progesterone. Adding IUI this cycle. Blood test 9/18

Spotlight: Member Stories

My husband and I have been trying to conceive for one year now. I recently found out that I have PCOS, which seems to have been getting worse over ti...More

Helpful Tips

Want to change font size?
It is easy to make the font bigger press and hold your control key and click on the + key until it's as big as you like, To make the ... More
Was this Helpful?
17 of 30 found this helpful