Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Clomid for 6 cycles!
mssmith8907 posted:
I have gone through 6 cycles of clomid so far, my doctor has just informed me that my next cycle I will do clomid and some kind of steroid. Do any of you know what this may be and what it is for?

mrs62610 responded:
I have no idea what steroid they would be talking about, or why. Maybe someone else knows something, I am curious to know myself.
Me-24 DH-37 TTC 1st for 16 months. 3 rounds of Clomid all BFN's. 3rd round of Femara, Ovidrel, and LP Progesterone. Adding IUI this cycle. Blood test 9/18

Leah25Brooke2 responded:
I'm an RN (although I didn't learn anything about fertility in school, it was all obstetrics - not infertility) anyways, I give steriods usually to decrease inflammation in various parts of the body - alot of times the lungs. So I know this doesn't help you probably - I'm curious to know why Clomid would be taken with a steriod as well.
Me(26)DH(29)DD(3.5) TTC 2nd- 13 mos, 1st round of clomid 50mg - BFN, 2nd - MC, 3rd- BFN. Been trying naturally 6mos, on 2WW from Sep cycle of 100mg of Clomid days 3-7.

mssmith8907 responded:
THIS IS THE STEROID THAT THEY ARE GIVING ME
Steroids - Dexamethasone, is often use as an adjunct to ovulation induction treatment, especially in patients with hirsutism who have high levels of androgens. It helps by suppressing the production of androgens by the adrenal glands. The dose is usually a 0.5 mg tablet, taken daily at bedtime. Side-effects at such a low dose are unusual. Some IVF clinics also use steroids after embryo transfer, because they believe this helps to improve pregnancy rates by inducing immune suppression and enhancing embryo implantation rates.

mrs62610 replied to mssmith8907's response:
Interesting! Thanks for the info. I hope it works out well for you. Keep us posted!
Me-24 DH-37 TTC 1st for 16 months. 3 rounds of Clomid all BFN's. 3rd round of Femara, Ovidrel, and LP Progesterone. Adding IUI this cycle. Blood test 9/18

Leah25Brooke2 replied to mssmith8907's response:
Got it! Hmm! Learn something new every day!
Me(26)DH(29)DD(3.5) TTC 2nd- 13 mos, 1st round of clomid 50mg - BFN, 2nd - MC, 3rd- BFN. Been trying naturally 6mos, on 2WW from Sep cycle of 100mg of Clomid days 3-7.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Well I never thought I would be here, it all seems to surreal! Is this really true? We have been trying to have a baby for two years. We saw a OBGYN i...More

Helpful Tips

Helpful Tips
AF-Aunt Flo BFN- Big Fat Negitive BFP- Big Fat Positiove EWCM- Egg White cervicle Mucus CM- Cervial Mucus LMP- Last menstral Period BBT- ... More
Was this Helpful?
27 of 28 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.