Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
money
sproutkm posted:
my doc put a rx in for some shot(and i dont have the paperwork in front of me right now so i dont know the name) and i called them to have them ship it to me and it was $800!!!!! i know that many of you is spending that kind of money but i have been buying clomid at $9 so that is sticker shock for me. I cant afford that, i am at a loss of what to do and frusterated that this baby dream wont happen cuz i cant afford to get pregnant.

roxypam responded:
I think that's the ovidrel trigger shot. My God, i have to have one too, if that's the price i'm afraid i won't be able to afford it either. Your insurance cannot cover it?
Me(30)DH(38).TTC 18 mths.3mths 1700mg Metformin.2rounds 50mg clomid.Ovulated but all BFN.Took 1 month-break, now seeing Fertility Spec, on Femara 5mg (3-7) and trigger shot.HSG test Monday 10/1.

deliela999 responded:
I wonder if it's follistem or gonal-f. That is expensive. My suggestion is to call lots of pharmacies, especially specialty fertility pharmacies. I found a wide range of prices and was able to keep the cost to a minimum by shopping around. I did gonal-f at one of the lowest doses and it ended up being around $400 from Freedom Fertility. I did the novarel trigger shot instead of ovidrel and it was something like $69. My insurance covered the femara so it was $12 at CVS. It is expensive, but the combo I did worked on my first try. Good luck!

maragayle responded:
Definitely, definitely, definitely call around. Take an hour and call every single pharmacy in your area that you can think of...especially any individually owned ones if you can. My Femara/Letrozole isn't covered by my insurance. My regular (corporate) pharmacy quoted around $230 for one month's worth. My new pharmacy fills it for $8.99. You'd be surprised how much of a difference it can be! I found the best price at a locally owned, private pharmacy. The corporate ones all tend to run about the same. The mark up for some of these drugs is astronomical!
Me 23, DH 25, TTC 2 years,8 rounds Clomid, round four 7.5mg Femara this cycle, test 8/27

sproutkm responded:
my doctor said the only place to find this shot is in England. I have an appt tomorrow for an another ultrasound so I am going to talk to him about another shot or Fermara while my husband and i save up money for the shot. I am just concerned that my baby dreams are going bye bye because i cant afford the damn shots.

maragayle replied to sproutkm's response:
Strange...I've never heard of anyone on here having their medications imported? To me, that would be a red flag. Is it safe according to our standards? Why not choose something available domestically? Just sounds strange...
Me 23, DH 25, TTC 2 years,8 rounds Clomid, round four 7.5mg Femara this cycle, test 8/27

sproutkm responded:
have an appt today at 4 and i have a list of questions for him in what my next thing is gonna be. wish me luck i get the answers i want and i get some good news.

Leah25Brooke2 replied to sproutkm's response:
How'd it go?
Me(26)DH(29)DD(3.5) TTC 2nd- 13 mos, 1st round of clomid 50mg - BFN, 2nd - MC, 3rd- BFN. Tried naturally 6mos, on 2WW from Sep cycle of 100mg of Clomid days 3-7. Test 10/4

sproutkm replied to Leah25Brooke2's response:
he said that i did ovulate and the cough medicine i took did make my uterane lining a little thicker. i told him i need a couple months in order to save up money for shots and he said thats fine that in the mean time he will look into doing a smaller dosage of clomid or ferama for me, he will make the decision when my next cycle starts and i go in for another u/s and see how my ovaries are doing. he also said that sometimes after a few months on clomid your body ovulates on its own so i could take a break sometimes and see what my body does naturally. he also said i could call pharmacys around here for the shots and see how much they cost here is the USA instead of ordering them from England they are just typically cheaper out of the USA. so all good news from him yesterday uts just waiting game now to see if i start and when i do start this all over again.

Spotlight: Member Stories

35. ttc 6 months. first cycle of clomid 50 mg in august 2011

Helpful Tips

Want to read "discussions" only?
Well that's easy too, on the left hand side you see many links one of them is "discussions", click on it and you'll only see the ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 23 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.