Skip to content
To test? Or not to test?
Leah25Brooke2 posted:
Hey ladies. I'm 11 DPO and wondering if I should test tomorrow or wait until later. I've been having cramping, which can happen in early pregnancy or it could be AF. It's probably AF and that's what I'm betting on. Really, I just need some support - because I'm an obsessive tester and it's actually hard for me not to test. Someone please just tell me to wait for AF to show her ugly face instead of wasting the money...
Me(26)DH(29)DD(3.5) TTC 2nd- 13 mos, 1st round of clomid 50mg - BFN, 2nd - MC, 3rd- BFN. Tried naturally 6mos, on 2WW from Sep cycle of 100mg of Clomid days 3-7. Test 10/4
FirstPrevious12NextLast

maragayle responded:
Wait until AF is due! It will only torment you to test early. If you get a BFN you'll be obsessing over whether or not you tested to early. You've waited this long, a couple more days (hopefully) won't kill you.
Me 23, DH 25, TTC 2 years,8 rounds Clomid, round four 7.5mg Femara this cycle, test 8/27

mrs62610 responded:
I agree! Wait if you can!
Me-24 DH-37 TTC 1st for 16 months. 3 rounds of Clomid all BFN's. 3rd round of Femara, Ovidrel, and LP Progesterone. Adding IUI this cycle. Blood test 9/18

roxypam responded:
Yes Leah i also agree with everybody else. Wait until AF is late, and i see you have a test on october 4, it will be just better to wait. Be strong. Good luck.
Me(30)DH(38).TTC 18 mths.3mths 1700mg Metformin.2rounds 50mg clomid.Ovulated but all BFN.Took 1 month-break, now seeing Fertility Spec, on Femara 5mg (3-7) and trigger shot.HSG test Monday 10/1.

Leah25Brooke2 replied to roxypam's response:
Ahh!! Okay! I will wait. Thanks ladies!
Me(26)DH(29)DD(3.5) TTC 2nd- 13 mos, 1st round of clomid 50mg - BFN, 2nd - MC, 3rd- BFN. Tried naturally 6mos, on 2WW from Sep cycle of 100mg of Clomid days 3-7. Test 10/4

How was the HSG test? Did it hurt? Did you know the results right away?

Leah25Brooke2 replied to Leah25Brooke2's response:
Well....guess who showed her ugly face? AF. I'm bummed, but not that shocked. But now I'm on my second round of Clomid 100mg (5th round total) and I'm realizing I'm going to be working night shift over the times I will be Oing. - days 17 and 18 of my cycle (I O'd on day 18 this last month). So I've called the nurse to see if it would be okay to take the Clomid on days 2-6 instead of 3-7 and maybe that would make me O earlier? Any thoughts on that ladies?

maragayle replied to Leah25Brooke2's response:
Ugh! Bummer!

I've never heard of taking it as early as CD2, but who knows.
Me 23, DH 25, TTC 2 years,8 rounds Clomid, round four 7.5mg Femara this cycle, test 8/27

mrs62610 replied to Leah25Brooke2's response:
I'm sorry about AF. I have heard of a couple people taking it 2-6 but I'm not sure how that affects O. I read threads from other sites where the women have said they took it days 2-6. Good luck though! Let us know what they say!
Me-24 DH-37 TTC 1st for 16 months. 3 rounds of Clomid all BFN's. 3rd round of Femara, Ovidrel, and LP Progesterone. Adding IUI this cycle. Blood test 9/18

roxypam replied to Leah25Brooke2's response:
Oh nooo another BFN. Sorry to hear that Leah. Im happy you are being strong about this. i too heard about other women taking clomid days 2-6 but i'm not sure about the effect on ovulation. keep us posted and best of luck for this new cycle.
Me(30)DH(38)TTC 18 mths.2rounds 50mg clomid.Ovulated but BFN.Sent to RE, on Femara 5mg (3-7),ovidrel shot

Thanks guys! I'm actually taking the BFN better than usual! I still feel hopeful that it will eventually work out, in the Lords time.

Dr said there's no benefit to taking it on CD 2. I'm betting this next month is a bust as well, since I will be working night shift the nights around O. I'm hoping to slip one in, (haha) and then maybe we will have a chance

So are you still going to take it?
Me(30)DH(38)TTC 18 mths.2rounds 50mg clomid.Ovulated but BFN.Sent to RE, on Femara 5mg (3-7), ovidrel and IUI.U/S 10/5

Yeah I'm taking the Clomid and hoping we can make it work. I'm meeting with a dr about changing the med that is making it difficult to get pregnant, I thought that clomid would work to get me pregnant and not have to switch meds, but it's not. It's going to be an ordeal to titrate the med and switch to another, but this is my last round of clomid the dr wants to prescribe so I think I'm just going to try and eliminate whats causing the infertility in the first place.
Me(26)DH(29)DD(3.5) TTC 2nd- 14 mos, 1st round of clomid 50mg - BFN, 2nd - MC, 3rd- BFN. Tried naturally 6mos, 4th round 100mg Clomid - BFN, starting 5th round Clomid 100mg.

I think you are doing the right thing, you never know it may work this month. Good luck!
I had another ultrasound today to see the follicles development, the doctor said i'm not quite ready yet. I have another U/S on monday (Day14) and IUI Wednesday (day 16), and the ovidrel in between she said, that will be decided on Monday.
I'm so scarred that i will miss it, i mean monday is already day14, and i usually ovulate that day, wouldn't it be too late. i hope Mrs62610 reads my post and advise, since she has been doing the same combo as i'm doing now. First time for me so i'm a little skeptic. I hope the doctor knows what she is talking about.
Me(30)DH(38)TTC 18 mths.2rounds 50mg clomid.Ovulated but BFN.Sent to RE, on Femara 5mg (3-7)

Helpful Tips

Want to read "discussions" only?
Well that's easy too, on the left hand side you see many links one of them is "discussions", click on it and you'll only see the ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 23 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.