Skip to content
Bad news
roxypam posted:
Hey Ladies, i'm so down right now and i don't know what to think, how to react.
So i had my HSG test today and it was very painful, never had pain like that before. And it hurted even more when the dye was inserted to check my left tube, of course that meant that the left tube is blocked. Very bumped on that. And to cover all of this my husband semen analysis came back abnormal. He has good count, but low motility. So the RE recommended IUI for this cycle if i ovulate on my right side. If not, then we may do an IVF and/or surgery for my left tube.
I just can't believe this is happening to us, we keep having bad after bad news, i wonder what's next. I was so positive before encouraging myself, but right now i am just expecting the worse since nothing good has been happening to us. I feel hopeless.
Me(30)DH(38).TTC 18 mths.3mths 1700mg Metformin.2rounds 50mg clomid.Ovulated but all BFN.Sent to RE, on Femara 5mg (3-7), ovidrel shot

Leah25Brooke2 responded:
I'm so sorry Roxy. Is the right tube open then? An IUI would give you guys a lot better chance if he has low motility. I know it's so hard, when all you hear is bad news and keep hitting road blocks. Hang in there. You can vent to us as much as you want, we all understand. I've heard IVF has pretty good rates, is that something you'd be able to do?
Me(26)DH(29)DD(3.5) TTC 2nd- 13 mos, 1st round of clomid 50mg - BFN, 2nd - MC, 3rd- BFN. Tried naturally 6mos, on 2WW from Sep cycle of 100mg of Clomid days 3-7. Test 10/4

roxypam replied to Leah25Brooke2's response:
Thank you Leah. My heart is in so much pain and my husband is down too. I saw your question in the other discussion, yeah it hurted so bad. I'm usually ok with pain but that one was horrible. Thanks God the right tube is ok. So this cycle we will do IUI, if it doesn't work we will think about having surgery for my left tube and IVF. Both IUI and IVF are covered 80% from my insurance after i meet the 500$ deductible, and if i reach 10,000$ out of pocket expenses, then everything will be covered. I'm trying to think positive but i can't right now.
Me(30)DH(38).TTC 18 mths.3mths 1700mg Metformin.2rounds 50mg clomid.Ovulated but all BFN.Sent to RE, on Femara 5mg (3-7), ovidrel shot

Leah25Brooke2 replied to roxypam's response:
I know that none of the news you haven gotten is good, but that is amazing that you have insurance coverage like that. We'd never be able to afford IVF because our insurance coverage wouldn't cover it. I'm so sorry you guys are hurting. There is hope thanks to modern technology - you guys will still be able to acheive your dream. Hang in there.
Me(26)DH(29)DD(3.5) TTC 2nd- 13 mos, 1st round of clomid 50mg - BFN, 2nd - MC, 3rd- BFN. Tried naturally 6mos, on 2WW from Sep cycle of 100mg of Clomid days 3-7. Test 10/4

roxypam replied to Leah25Brooke2's response:
You are right, it is good news to know my insurance covers it. I will hang into that good news and try to feel better.
Thank you so much for being there.
Me(30)DH(38)TTC 18 mths.2rounds 50mg clomid.Ovulated but BFN.Sent to RE, on Femara 5mg (3-7),ovidrel shot

Leah25Brooke2 replied to roxypam's response:
That's what we're all here for - support. I know I have always received so much support from this community through this painful journey.

maragayle responded:
Sorry to hear about the bad news! On the bright side, at least you have one tube open. That's definitely a silver lining. IUI should help with the motility thing since the sperm will have a shorter distance to travel. The outstanding insurance is definitely cause for celebration, too. Also, there's comfort in knowing WHY you've been having such a hard time TTC. Now your doctors can focus on what to do to get you pregnant. Good luck, and hang in there!
Me 23, DH 25, TTC 2 years,8 rounds Clomid, round four 7.5mg Femara this cycle, test 8/27

att76 responded:
Sorry to hear about the bad news! It is really hard to stay positive when all you get is bad news, but on the bright side you now know WHAT is causing you to have trouble and the doctors can work with the information to help you get pregnant! Keep your head up!!
Me(36), DH(37), TTC 20 months,3 rounds clomid, 3 IUIs with HCG trigger/clomid all BFNs, now trying naturally

roxypam replied to att76's response:
Thank you ladies, you are wonderful and so right Mara and ATT.
I feel much better today and i appreciate all your support. Yes it is true, now at least we know what's wrong and we can focus on finding the best way of treatment. I know one day we will all have our bundle of joy. The road to that blessing may be difficult but we will still reach it. I finished my Femara yesterday and i'm happy to tell you that i had no side effects whatsoever, what a difference with clomid! Now we are praying that i ovulate, and that i ovulate on my right side. Pray and cross your fingers for me ladies.
If that doesn't happen, we will be considering IVF, since i really don't think i want to have surgery to remove the blockage on the left tube, i read it doesn't really help and it doesn't work everytime.
Good luck to all of us strong ladies!!!!
Me(30)DH(38)TTC 18 mths.2rounds 50mg clomid.Ovulated but BFN.Sent to RE, on Femara 5mg (3-7),ovidrel shot

mrs62610 replied to roxypam's response:
Good luck! I'll be praying for you!!
Me-24 DH-37 TTC 1st for 16 months. 3 rounds of Clomid all BFN's. 3rd round of Femara, Ovidrel, and LP Progesterone. Adding IUI this cycle. Blood test 9/18

att76 replied to roxypam's response:
Sounds like you have a better look at things right now! You are so right...the road to have the bundle of joy is difficult, but if it were easy would we truely appreciate the end result?!

Good luck with the O and I will be praying for you to O on the right side!!! Keep us posted!
Me(36), DH(37), TTC 20 months,3 rounds clomid, 3 IUIs with HCG trigger/clomid all BFNs, now trying naturally

roxypam replied to att76's response:
Thanks Mrs and ATT for your prayers. Today is only day 9, not sure what day im supposed to O after taking Femara, i o'd on clomid on day 14-15. I have an u/s Friday (CD11), i think we will be able to tell by then if i will be ovulating on the "right"(with both meanings lol) side, and when to do the Ovidrel and the IUI. Stay tuned!

maragayle replied to roxypam's response:
O should be about the same on Femara as it was for you with clomid. Good luck!
Me 23, DH 25, TTC 2 years,8 rounds Clomid, round four 7.5mg Femara this cycle, test 8/27

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi im 23 my husband is 25 we have been TTC for 9 months. I was Dx with PCOS in the beginning of may. I will soon start clomid treatments. I look forwa...More

Helpful Tips

Helpful Tips
AF-Aunt Flo BFN- Big Fat Negitive BFP- Big Fat Positiove EWCM- Egg White cervicle Mucus CM- Cervial Mucus LMP- Last menstral Period BBT- ... More
Was this Helpful?
27 of 28 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.