Skip to content
Good news!
maragayle posted:
I've thought about writing this post a million times, and I'm still shocked that I'm able to write to you now. This morning I tested and got my BFP!!!!!!!!! 2 years and 3 months into TTC I FINALLY got my BFP!!!! It looks like Femara was my miracle drug after all! I'm going to call my OBGYN's office this morning and schedule my first appointment. WOOHOOOOO!!!!!!!!

I had always glamorized telling DH. It went nothing as planned. I took a digital test this morning. As I waited for it I brushed my teeth, fully expecting it to be another BFN. When the word "pregnant" came up on the screen, I'm pretty sure I almost choked on my toothpaste. I ran into the bedroom screaming "hunny, hunny!" He was still sleeping and it took him a few minutes to register what I was doing when I shoved the test in his face. He smiled and gave me a high five, to which I responded "go team!" It was kind of funny, but not at all what I had fantasized about.

I told some of you ladies earlier that this month just felt different. I don't know how to explain it. I could just tell something was a little bit off. DH for the past few weeks has been convinced that I was pregnant. For once, I'm not upset about him being right! So, I guess that Florida trip will have to wait after all!

Hang in there ladies. All of those ups and downs, negative tests, extensive blood work, etc. are worth it to savor this moment right here. I'll make sure to check in with you ladies. Good luck to all of you!
Me 23, DH 25, TTC 2 years,8 rounds Clomid, round four 7.5mg Femara this cycle, test 8/27
FirstPrevious12NextLast

deliela999 responded:
That's such awesome news!! I hope you have a H&H 9 months! It's an adventure, but one you've waited so long for. Only the others on these boards can truly understand how exciting this is.

roxypam responded:
Oh My God, thank you Jesus!
Finally good news!!! I'm almost crying here at work in front of my computer. I'm so so so so happy for you after all that time you've been TTC, finally you are getting your bundle of joy.
I wish and pray you have a healthy nine months, and a healthy angel. Please come from time to time to this community to see what's still going on about us, don't forget us.
God bless you!!! And your family.
Me(30)DH(38)TTC 18 mths.2rounds 50mg clomid.Ovulated but BFN.Sent to RE, on Femara 5mg (3-7), ovidrel and IUI.U/S 10/5

DJ3122 responded:
OMG !! Congratulations . Soo happy to hear that..wonder wat it feels like..i still remr u were the first one to reply on my first ever post n u hav been a great support to all the ladies out here..glad to here some good news finally !!!! Good luck to u n yes now we all know its not impossible !! Cheers!!

mrs62610 responded:
Oh my gosh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's wonderful!!!!!!! I am sitting here at work and when I started to read your post I couldn't help but start crying tears of joy for you!!! It's great you get to move on with your journey to being a Mom, but please come back and keep us posted on how you are doing! I hope I can join you in the next community in a couple weeks!
Me-24 DH-37 TTC 1st for 16 months. 3 rounds of Clomid all BFN's. 3rd round of Femara, Ovidrel, and LP Progesterone. Adding IUI this cycle. Blood test 9/18

maragayle replied to mrs62610's response:
Thank you so much ladies! You have all been a constant support system throughout this process!
Me 23, DH 25, TTC 2 years,8 rounds Clomid, round four 7.5mg Femara this cycle, test 8/27

Mrs_Jolayemi responded:
That is so great hun! Hi 5! I'm so happy for you! What a blessing that has come your way! God is great!
Mrs Jolayemi

att76 responded:
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHOOOOOO HOOOOOOO!!! I HAVE TO SAY THAT IS AWESOME NEWS!!!! WE HAVE BEEN TOGETHER IN THIS FOR A WHILE AND I HOPE I CAN JOIN YOU SOON!!! I READ YOUR POST AND WAS SHOCKED AND EXCITED FOR YOU!!! THAT IS AWESOME NEWS AND I HOPE IT IS A HEALTHY AND HAPPY 9 MONTHS!!!
Me(36), DH(37), TTC 20 months,3 rounds clomid, 3 IUIs with HCG trigger/clomid all BFNs, now trying naturally

jessi2056 replied to maragayle's response:
Congrats!!!! WAHOOOOOOO!!! I will be smiling all day now! you made my day!
Me (23), DH (24) TTC for 20 months, 3 m/c's no live births. 1 round of Femara, 1 round clomid,(both unsuccessful). on 2nd round of clomid. hCG test 3-19!

sproutkm responded:
OMG!!!!!!!! so happy for you your hubby , congrats, all us women say thank you for your support and we couldnt be happier for you.

mrsmousy responded:
Congratulations!!! wonderful news!!
Me(27)DH(28)TTC 9 months, on 1st round of clomid 50mg

sproutkm responded:
so let me ask you how long were you on clomid till you tried femera and how long were you on femera? i ask becaseu i have been on clomid for 2 rounds and now i asked my doc to put me on femera for next treatment.

maragayle replied to sproutkm's response:
I did a total of 5 rounds of Femara, the last 4 I ovulated. To be fair, I think I messed up my cycle days on the first round. I did a total of 8 rounds of Clomid with 2 different OBGYN's offices before being referred to a RE and starting the Femara. My RE indicated that people with PCOS usually do better on Femara than on Clomid. The other thing the RE did was double my dose of metformin, so I've been taking 2000mg/day.
Me 23, DH 25, TTC 2 years,8 rounds Clomid, 4 rounds 7.5mg Femara, BFP 10/4/12

Leah25Brooke2 replied to maragayle's response:
MARAGAYLE!!! Congratulations!!!! I'm BEYOND excited for you! You deserve this! You have been a wealth of knowledge and support to all of us ladies! I hope that you have a happy and healthy nine months!!
Me(26)DH(29)DD(3.5) TTC 2nd- 13 mos, 1st round of clomid 50mg - BFN, 2nd - MC, 3rd- BFN. Tried naturally 6mos, on 2WW from Sep cycle of 100mg of Clomid days 3-7. Test 10/4

roxypam replied to Leah25Brooke2's response:
That is so true! You've there for all of us, encouraging, supporting and informing us. I pray that you have a healthy baby (maybe babies who know? LOL) and a healthy 9 months.
Me(30)DH(38)TTC 18 mths.2rounds 50mg clomid.Ovulated but BFN.Sent to RE, on Femara 5mg (3-7), ovidrel and IUI.U/S 10/5

Spotlight: Member Stories

My husband and I have a beautiful 5 year old. However we did want more children and wanted our kids to be close in age so in August of 2012 we decided...More

Helpful Tips

Want to change font size?
It is easy to make the font bigger press and hold your control key and click on the + key until it's as big as you like, To make the ... More
Was this Helpful?
17 of 30 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.