Skip to content
1st Fertility Clinic Appt-Nervous
mom2bhopeful10 posted:
Hello Ladies,

I am nervous for our first appt to the clinic. I know that it is a good thing that we are finally getting to this step, but there are so many unanswered questions that I fear. We have been TTC for almost 2yrs now with no luck. I have done 5 rounds of clomid, all positive for ovulation but still no BFP. Had a HSG which was normal and my husbands SA was normal. Really starting to think that there are some other factors at play here. The longer it takes to get that BFP the more I start to get discouraged. Really hoping they will be able to help us answer some questions and figure out what is going on.
Me(25)DH(36)TTC(22months)Clomid 1st 50mg(2/12) 2nd 50mg(3/12) 3rd 50mg(7/12) 4th 100mg(8/12) 5th 50mg(9/12). DH SA (05/12)Me HSG(06/12)

mrs62610 responded:
When is your appt? I hope they can give you some answers. Good luck!
Me-24 DH-37 TTC 1st for 16 months. 3 rounds of Clomid all BFN's. 3rd round of Femara, Ovidrel, and LP Progesterone. Adding IUI this cycle. Blood test 9/18

Leah25Brooke2 responded:
I too am on my fifth round of clomid. I hope they can figure out what is going on with you! That's got to be pretty frustrating to have no idea!
Me(26)DH(29)DD(3.5) TTC 2nd- 14 mos, 1st round of clomid 50mg - BFN, 2nd - MC, 3rd- BFN. Tried naturally 6mos, 4th round 100mg Clomid - BFN, starting 5th round Clomid 100mg.

att76 responded:
Good luck! I think you will get some peace of mind from seeing an RE. Let us know how it all turns out!
Me(36), DH(37), TTC 20 months,3 rounds clomid, 3 IUIs with HCG trigger/clomid all BFNs, now trying naturally

roxypam responded:
I know how you feel. It may be actually hard to understand why there is no BFP when everything is good and normal. But hang in there, i was anxious as well at my very first appt with an RE but you will get answers and everything will be fine.
Keep us posted about your appt and how it will go. Good luck.
Me(30)DH(38)TTC 18 mths.2rounds 50mg clomid.Ovulated but BFN.Sent to RE, on Femara 5mg (3-7), Ovidrel and IUI.

Spotlight: Member Stories

The recent miscarriage has torn me apart so much that i feel depressed.. Then to top things off, the next few months i was diagnosed with blood clots...More

Helpful Tips

Want to change font size?
It is easy to make the font bigger press and hold your control key and click on the + key until it's as big as you like, To make the ... More
Was this Helpful?
17 of 30 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.