Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Day 13 Ultrasound !!
DJ3122 posted:
Hey ladies

I went in for my CD13 ultrasound and had follicles of 14mm and 12mm. I usually ovulate on CD14..that means i get a positive OPK on CD 13..last cycle i had one follicle which was 26mm on CD 13..and i was jus soo disappointed to know that the follicles were much smaller than expected this cycle..my nurse asked me to wait for another 3-4 days for them to grow and asked me to come back for another U/S..but i'm jus worried if they will grow anymore at all or not?? Can ovulation vary by 4-5days ?? Anyone experienced something like this??

Leah25Brooke2 responded:
Did you take Clomid on the same days as before?
Me(26)DH(29)DD(3.5) TTC 2nd- 14 mos, 1st round of clomid 50mg - BFN, 2nd - MC, 3rd- BFN. Tried naturally 6mos, 4th round 100mg Clomid - BFN, starting 5th round Clomid 100mg.

DJ3122 replied to Leah25Brooke2's response:
Yes i did..but surprisingly my cycle was short..my periods lasted jus 3-4 days..where as usually they last about 5-7days..i checked with my nurse if that was okay? She said yes it happens with clomid..this is my 4th cycle on clomid..i'm not sure wats goin on !!

Leah25Brooke2 replied to DJ3122's response:
Honestly, I don't know either. My ovulation varies by one or two days sometimes, so maybe it's normal? Did you talk to your nurse about your concerns? Maybe your just going to have a longer cycle this time?
Me(26)DH(29)DD(3.5) TTC 2nd- 14 mos, 1st round of clomid 50mg - BFN, 2nd - MC, 3rd- BFN. Tried naturally 6mos, 4th round 100mg Clomid - BFN, starting 5th round Clomid 100mg.

mrs62610 responded:
My cycles varied like that when I took Clomid. With the Femara they vary by 1, 2 days at most. The follicles are always mature but they do vary in size from cycle to cycle. Last cycle on CD12 or 13 I had a 25mm follicle. This time I had an 18mm and a 16mm on CD12.
Me-24 DH-37 TTC 1st for 18 months. 3 rounds of Clomid all BFN's. On 4th round Femara, second IUI. Started Thyroid meds this cycle. Blood test 10/18

maragayle responded:
The "average" woman's cycle can vary up to 7 days, so it's completely normal. Even women with no trouble TTC can have varying cycle lengths and O times.
Me 23, DH 25, TTC 2 years,BFP 10/4, MC 10/8, waiting to try again

DJ3122 responded:
Thank u ladies..That gives me some hope!!

Leah i did talk to my nurse about this..she said the same that ovulation can vary..but also that i might not ovulate this cycle at all..so jus keeping my fingers crossed!!

Mrs i hav heard that femara does better than clomid in many women..i dunno when my RE would think that we should try femara..i did ask her about it in my last appt..but she did not seem keen to put me on femara as of now..

Mara thank u !! Hope u r feeling better today..no matter what u always hav some encouraging/positive words for us thanks again!!

maragayle replied to DJ3122's response:
You're welcome. Just taking it a day at a time right now. Called the OB's office this morning. They still haven't gotten the results from the hospital for my BW yesterday. I know what the results will be, I just want it all done and over with. Once the RE receives my hospital records/blood work results, we're going to talk about what comes next, how long we need to wait before TTC, etc.

DH is ever the optimist. He keeps telling me that at least we KNOW it's possible. The OB also said that the vast majority of women in child bearing years have at least 2 early miscarriages, though many don't realize it and mistake it for a late/nasty period. Not really reassuring, but you know...

I think most of the pain/bleeding is out of the way. That was one of the most traumatic parts, I think.
Me 23, DH 25, TTC 2 years,BFP 10/4, MC 10/8, waiting to try again

att76 replied to maragayle's response:
Glad to hear you are hanging in there! It sounds like DH is a great support for you and is staying positive in light of the m/c.

Know that we are all hear for you!! Take care!
Me(36), DH(37), TTC 23 months,IUI 9/28 (letrozole 5 mg), test 10/12

DJ3122 replied to maragayle's response:
I agree !! U atleast know that u can get pregnant..but some of us still dont even know that..jus keep faith in god..its nice to know that DH is being so positive..that will make u stronger in an emotional situation like this..good luck n Keep us posted !!

Leah25Brooke2 replied to maragayle's response:
Glad your DH is so awesome. My Dr said the latest research shows no need to wait before trying to conceive again, I had a m/c end of decemeber beginning of january and started clomid again in Feb. I, too, was glad to know that the clomid had at least done it's job. My friends who have had m/c said it didn't take long to conceive again. Then they had their baby.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My husband and I have been together for 20 years! We have been married only for 8. We have been ttc for a 18 months now. I am 36 (DH is 37) and though...More

Helpful Tips

Want to read "discussions" only?
Well that's easy too, on the left hand side you see many links one of them is "discussions", click on it and you'll only see the ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 23 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.