Skip to content
Update
maragayle posted:
First, thank you ALL for being so supportive! It really helps to have a place to vent, judgement free. You ladies are fantastic, and I'm positive you'll all be amazing mothers!

I'm feeling a bit better about everything. The worst part is over. Bleeding seems to have stopped and it appears as though I've passed all of the tissue. Honestly, that was the most heartbreaking part because I couldn't help but think that I was seeing bits and pieces of my baby. I think it would have been easier to get a D&C (though more recovery time) emotionally, but my body seems to have taken care of everything.

I have an appointment on Tuesday for a checkup with the OB's office. Assuming they clear me, DH and I are all set to BD and start trying immediately. My pregnancy ended so early that there's no medical reason to wait. If I get AF on my own (should be 3 weeks or so), we can start back up with the Femara. If AF doesn't show in 3 weeks, we'll do BW to be on the safe side then medically induce AF. That will probably be the route we go since I don't seem to ovulate on my own.

Since I know the Femara will work for me, I asked if there were any medical reasons why we would have to stop after another 2 cycles. The nurse said she'd check with the RE, but there shouldn't be a reason we can't continue with the Femara. Originally we were going to do 6 cycles then explore other routes if we didn't get pregnant. I think I'd rather do this as natural as possible. If I don't have to do IUI, IVF, etc., I'd rather not. I know that would make DH feel better, too.

DH is amazing. He's been super supportive. Trials like these just affirm that I married the right person. If anything, we're closer now than we've ever been before. I think he's a bit sad, but he's admitted he's trying to be strong for my sake. He tells DS, "Give mommy extra hugs and kisses because Mommy's sad." Monday, after the ER visit, DS would spontaneously hug and kiss me throughout the day and say, "I love you Mama!"

We're trying to be optimistic. Early miscarriages mean there was something wrong developmentally and are the Big Guy's way of saying, "hey, we need to start over here." DH says someone was looking out for us when the pregnancy ended very early. Another plus is that I was only 5-6 weeks. The longer in the pregnancy, the more complications with m/c and stillbirth. If it had to happen, I'm glad it was now. The best thing we learned from all of this is that I CAN get pregnant! With some patience, determination and a whole lot of BDing, we should eventually have a little one of our own.
Me 23, DH 25, TTC 2 years,BFP 10/4, MC 10/8, waiting to try again
FirstPrevious12NextLast

Leah25Brooke2 responded:
You're so strong! I'm so glad you have such an amazing husband as well, and a little boy that loves you. It is something to be grateful that it ended really early, that's what I was grateful for with mine as well. I can't imagine having heard a heartbeat, had sonograms, etc, and then losing the baby. Even though it's still tough no matter what. We only did one round of Clomid after my m/c, then took a six month break to try naturally. I'm ready for my BFP now, this is my fifth round of Clomid, second round 100 mg. I hope you can get another BFP, and I hope that when we both do - it will stick.
Me(26)DH(29)DD(3.5) TTC 2nd- 14 mos, 1st round of clomid 50mg - BFN, 2nd - MC, 3rd- BFN. Tried naturally 6mos, 4th round 100mg Clomid - BFN, starting 5th round Clomid 100mg.

att76 responded:
Mara I am glad to hear the worst part is over as far as miscarrying. The emotional things will come in time and it sounds like DH and DS are trying to give you all the love and strength they can give. It always amazes me how difficulties in life can lead to growing closer with loved ones!

I am glad to hear you are going to "jump" right back into ttc. It is a postive that you know you can get pregnant! Stay postive and good luck! Let us know what you hear back!
Me(36), DH(37), TTC 23 months,IUI 9/28 (letrozole 5 mg), test 10/12

mrs62610 responded:
So glad you are feeling better. That's sweet about DH and DS! I'm glad you are still able to try "semi-natural". The IUI's tend to take alot of the mood out of TTC.
Me-24 DH-37 TTC 1st for 18 months. 3 rounds of Clomid all BFN's. On 4th round Femara, second IUI. Started Thyroid meds this cycle. Blood test 10/18

roxypam responded:
Yes you are very strong and have wonderful DH and DS to support you. I can only encourage you and wish you good luck this time around. I really don't know how it feels like but i can guess that if the pregnancy was far along, the loss wouldn't have been really hard. Keep the positive attitude and let us know how things are going for you.
Me(30)DH(38)TTC 18 mths.2rounds 50mg clomid.Ovulated but BFN.Sent to RE, on Femara 5mg (3-7), Ovidrel and IUI.

roxypam replied to att76's response:
ATT76, i was just reading your post and your signature says you are supposed to test today 10/12. So how did it go? Have you tested yet?
Me(30)DH(38)TTC 18 mths.2rounds 50mg clomid.Ovulated but BFN.Sent to RE, on Femara 5mg (3-7), Ovidrel and IUI.

att76 replied to roxypam's response:
Roxy...I did not test. I have been spotting since Wednesday (more red then brown--TMI sorry) so I fiugred why waste the test. However, before I get on letrozole I will test because they will want to know for sure if I am pregnant or not. So I am just assuming BFN...

Leah25Brooke2 replied to att76's response:
Sorry ATT76 that it's a BFN. I'm only on CD 11 and wondering when I'm going to O. I didn't unitl CD 18 last time.. so we'll see. I'm really hoping for this round.. this is all getting to be such a long process... Whats the next step for you? Are you going to do another IUI?
Me(26)DH(29)DD(3.5) TTC 2nd- 14 mos, 1st round of clomid 50mg - BFN, 2nd - MC, 3rd- BFN. Tried naturally 6mos, 4th round 100mg Clomid - BFN, starting 5th round Clomid 100mg.

roxypam replied to att76's response:
Sorry to hear that ATT76. You really hope with an IUI your chances are higher but the thing is you never know. Hang in there and keep trying, that's the only think we can do.
I'm currently in my 2ww and the wait is awful. I'm trying not to read into any symptoms, i rather see AF (but i really don't want to) than seeing a BFN if i don't resist to the pressure of testing.
Me(30)DH(38)TTC 18 mths.2rounds 50mg clomid.Ovulated but BFN.Sent to RE, 1st round of Femara 5mg (3-7) Ovidrel

sproutkm responded:
am so sorry to hear about your loss, but you are so right your lucky you can get pregnant thats half the battle, good luck on your next try.

maragayle replied to att76's response:
So what's after this if AF is coming/here? Are you going to try the IUI again?

I have my appointment tomorrow. We should get the okay to start BDing again. I guess you have to wait because after a m/c your cervix is open, so BDing can spread bacteria and potentially cause an infection IN your uterus. That didn't sound like fun...

I've been reading that you can O 2-3 weeks after miscarrying. That would mean next week according to the RE's office. DH is scheduled to go to training out of state from this Sunday through next Saturday, so we most likely won't be conceiving. That's assuming I do O on my own, anyway...which is far fetched. So, I'll go in for BW on 11/2 to rule out pregnancy before starting the medroxyprogesterone followed by Femara. The real TTC will kick up again sometime in November. It seems daunting to start this all over again. I keep telling myself that it only really took us four months to conceive with the proper tools (Met and Femara). Hopefully this next time will be just as easy.
Me 23, DH 25, TTC 2 years,BFP 10/4, MC 10/8, waiting to try again

att76 replied to maragayle's response:
I went to the RE today for CD3 u/s and talked to him about possiblities. He talked about doing injections (LH and HSG) which would give more follicles which could lead to multiples. Not a big deal with me, but he said it was "old school". He did it a year ago, so it isn't that "old". He also talked about moving on to IVF. If I would have known that was a possiblitiy I would have talked more to DH. The PA has done all the procedures thus far and she told me she wanted to do the same this month as the previous. I am doing another IUI only because DH wasn't there and I didn't want to make that decision without talking to him first. If I don't get pregnant this time we will more then likely move on to something else. Why keep doing something that isn't working! I might as well just throw the money to the wind...it would have the same effect!

That is a good sign that you can O so quickly after a miscarriage. Hopefully you still have enough of your meds in you to help you O on your own. However, with DH being out of town for a week, the likelyhood of getting pregnant are nill. I think it is amazing how fast you got pregnant with the right tools. That is all you need. I wish my problems could be fixed that easily!!

You know even though you want to jump right back into TTC, it probably will feel good to not have to worry about it for a month. Just giving you that little break will feel good! Maybe DH being out of town is someones way to say its okay to take a break!

Good luck at your appointment tomorrow and let us know what they say!

att76 replied to Leah25Brooke2's response:
The BFN wasn't a surprise and it wasn't as devestating as it could have been!

I am doing one more IUI this month and then we will move on to something else. I would have moved on to something else this month, but DH didn't go with me and I didn't want to make any major decisions without talking to him first.

I did CD 3 u/s today and we talked about the other possiblities. The one change to the procedures is progestrone supsatories.(I think I spelled that wrong). I wasn't looking forward to that part, but if it will help...I'll do it!

att76 replied to roxypam's response:
I know how hard it can be to read into EVERY twinge and pain you have. I try not to but it is always hard!

I will be doing another IUI and then probably moving on to something else.

Leah25Brooke2 replied to att76's response:
I wish you all the luck in the world! I know it's tough having to try so hard for so long.
Me(26)DH(29)DD(3.5) TTC 2nd- 15 mos, 1st round of clomid 50mg - BFN, 2nd - MC, 3rd- BFN. Tried naturally 6mos, 4th round 100mg Clomid - BFN, 5th round Clomid 100mg - on 2ww, test 10/28

Spotlight: Member Stories

I never had regular cycles except while on birth control. My DH (31) and I married in 2004 and starting ttc beginning of '07. I waited a till July...More

Helpful Tips

Helpful Tips
AF-Aunt Flo BFN- Big Fat Negitive BFP- Big Fat Positiove EWCM- Egg White cervicle Mucus CM- Cervial Mucus LMP- Last menstral Period BBT- ... More
Was this Helpful?
27 of 28 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.