Skip to content
Bleeding??
Leah25Brooke2 posted:
Hey ladies,

This is all really TMI, so I apologize. We BD'd last night on CD11, this morning woke up and there was some blood with wiping. I've never had this happen. Should I be concerned? Should I call the Dr?
Me(26)DH(29)DD(3.5) TTC 2nd- 14 mos, 1st round of clomid 50mg - BFN, 2nd - MC, 3rd- BFN. Tried naturally 6mos, 4th round 100mg Clomid - BFN, starting 5th round Clomid 100mg.

DJ3122 responded:
I dont think it is something u need to be worried about..but still i think u should cal and check with ur doc/nurse. Just to be sure.

mrs62610 responded:
I've never had that happen around that time in my cycle. I agree with DJ3122, that it's probably not a big deal but maybe call the dr tomorrow and ask them about it.
Me-24 DH-37 TTC 1st for 18 months. 3 rounds of Clomid all BFN's. On 4th round Femara, second IUI. Started Thyroid meds this cycle. Blood test 10/18

Leah25Brooke2 replied to mrs62610's response:
Thanks guys, its weird. On CD 12 I'm having blood tinged CM. So weird! Never had that happen. I haven't even ovulated yet, so I'm just so curious as to what the heck?
Me(26)DH(29)DD(3.5) TTC 2nd- 14 mos, 1st round of clomid 50mg - BFN, 2nd - MC, 3rd- BFN. Tried naturally 6mos, 4th round 100mg Clomid - BFN, starting 5th round Clomid 100mg.

Leah25Brooke2 replied to Leah25Brooke2's response:
I found this:

Spotting during ovulation is normal. Spotting that occurs in the middle of your cycle or spotting that occurs some ten to fourteen days prior to the start of the next cycle is normal too. This spotting may occur during ovulation. Seeing a spot of blood during ovulation is considered an excellent fertility sign.
It is thought that mid-cycle spotting occurs for one of two reasons. First reason is possibly that when the egg bursts through the follicle, a little bleeding may occur. This blood will then make its way out and show up as "spotting". Or, during ovulation, the level of estrogens rise, and this sometimes prompts the uterus to shed a bit of lining, which shows up in the form of "spotting."

I didn't O until CD 18 last time, is it possible that I'm Oing? I havent' been testing with OPK's because I'm usually a late O'er. I've been having pains since CD 9 and the blood tinged CM was clear and slippery. Maybe I'm Oing??? I'm only on CD 12....

mrs62610 replied to Leah25Brooke2's response:
Between the pains and the CM it sounds like you could be Oing!
Me-24 DH-37 TTC 1st for 18 months. 3 rounds of Clomid all BFN's. On 4th round Femara, second IUI. Started Thyroid meds this cycle. Blood test 10/18

Leah25Brooke2 replied to mrs62610's response:
I'm thinking of getting a progesterone check - what day should I go in for the test? I'm going to call tomorrow and see if I can run in and get lab drawn, maybe tuesday. That would be day 14 - is that too early to see if I actually ovulated?

Leah25Brooke2 replied to Leah25Brooke2's response:
Wow~ Just got a positive OPK on CD 13!! That's the earliest I've EVER ovulated! I wonder why I'm Oing so early all of a sudden? That will make my cycle 27 days, instead of 32. Hmmm... weird! But exciting! If only we had BD'd last night! We BD CD 9, 11 and will today and hopefully tomorrow too. Here's to hoping!

mrs62610 replied to Leah25Brooke2's response:
They usually do the progesterone test about 7DPO. I had one done at 6DPO during once cycle. I would call hte dr tomorrow and find out when you can come in. That's great that you are Oing earlier! Less time to wait!!

maragayle replied to Leah25Brooke2's response:
Generally BW is done on CD21, approximately 7 days after "normal" O. The "sacks" for your eggs are essentially large cysts that burst during O, which sometimes can cause spotting. I hope this was a good omen for you!

Just a thought for some of you who haven't been pregnant before. I actually had implantation bleeding with my pregnancy. It was 5 days or so before I got my BFP. It was just one very small pink smear on the tissue. It only happened once. I know there's been talk about what may or may not be implantation bleeding, so I thought I'd share my experience.
Me 23, DH 25, TTC 2 years,BFP 10/4, MC 10/8, waiting to try again

Leah25Brooke2 replied to maragayle's response:
Good to know about the implantation spotting! I'm going to be looking for it this time since I spotted with O like I never had before. This 2ww is going to suck!
Me(26)DH(29)DD(3.5) TTC 2nd- 15 mos, 1st round of clomid 50mg - BFN, 2nd - MC, 3rd- BFN. Tried naturally 6mos, 4th round 100mg Clomid - BFN, 5th round Clomid 100mg - on 2ww, test 10/28

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have been trying to get pregnant again and have been taking 150 mg of clomid. I have been doing this for the last 6 months. We are just hoping to ha...More

Helpful Tips

Want to read "discussions" only?
Well that's easy too, on the left hand side you see many links one of them is "discussions", click on it and you'll only see the ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 23 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.