Skip to content
2ww
Leah25Brooke2 posted:
Hey ladies,

I ovulated really early this round on CD 13. (I usuallly O 18-23) Don't know why it's so early this time but hey! I'll take it! Really hoping for this round, as it is my last round of Clomid before other ventures. Anyone else on their 2WW? If so, when do you test?
Me(26)DH(29)DD(3.5) TTC 2nd- 15 mos, 1st round of clomid 50mg - BFN, 2nd - MC, 3rd- BFN. Tried naturally 6mos, 4th round 100mg Clomid - BFN, 5th round Clomid 100mg - on 2ww, test 10/28

mrs62610 responded:
I'm glad to hear you O'd earlier! I am 10DPO today and go in for a blood test on Thursday (14DPO). I haven't decided whether I will test earlier than that or not, we'll see. So far I have not had any of my usual symptoms, but we all know how our bodies like to mess with our heads!
Me-24 DH-37 TTC 1st for 18 months. 3 rounds of Clomid all BFN's. On 4th round Femara, second IUI. Started Thyroid meds this cycle. Blood test 10/18

Leah25Brooke2 replied to mrs62610's response:
Yes! I know what you mean. But sometimes, a lack of symptoms is the biggest sign of all! I bet this round will be great for you, you started the thyroid meds, right? Maybe that made all the difference! Praying for ya!

I think we have a really good chance this cycle. They say in more than one site, spotting with ovulation is a great sign, I O'd earlier so possibly better egg, and then last time I did two cycles of Clomid in a row - I O'd early then too and got a BFP. I'm so hopeful for this round! C'mon 2ww! Get over with!

I will be thinking about you this week as your 2ww ends! Good luck!
Me(26)DH(29)DD(3.5) TTC 2nd- 15 mos, 1st round of clomid 50mg - BFN, 2nd - MC, 3rd- BFN. Tried naturally 6mos, 4th round 100mg Clomid - BFN, 5th round Clomid 100mg - on 2ww, test 10/28

mrs62610 replied to Leah25Brooke2's response:
Thanks Leah! I'm thinking the no symptoms is a good thing too! But at the same time I'm not getting excited about it, yet. Yeah I started thyroid meds about 4 weeks ago, I'm hoping they make a difference. 3 more days until I find out!!

I have heard that too about ovulation spotting. Sounds like things are going well so far. I hope your 2ww goes by fast and I'm praying for you too!
Me-24 DH-37 TTC 1st for 18 months. 3 rounds of Clomid all BFN's. On 4th round Femara, second IUI. Started Thyroid meds this cycle. Blood test 10/18

Thanks! I'm kinda disappointed today - I had that great CM on CD 12, but we didn't Bd that day- we have on 11 and 13 - but the CM hasn't been as good those days, and today, CD 14 the day after my surge, I have literally no CM. Ugh. Well if this round doesn't work, I guess it's on to Femara! I'm still hoping though!

sproutkm responded:
am on my 2ww, only 1w left. i usually start on the thursday about the 15th so that is this thursday the 18th. but i wont test till saturday or sunday, i have felt wierd this weekend but i think the change in weather we went from 82 days of no rain to the 4 days have been a down pour so i think i had the winter blues but of course in the back of my head i was thinking something else. its hard not too. good luck to you all

mrs62610 replied to Leah25Brooke2's response:
I think you still have a great chance though. I know how annoying it can be trying to time BD just right! Sometimes I think, "Why can't I just stay horizontal for 2 days during O time?" LOL!

maragayle replied to mrs62610's response:
Good luck! Did the doctor say how long the new meds would take to get your hormones in balance? I know with my Metformin, they said it takes 3-6 months to really get your body regulated, and it took about 3 months to see the effects.

Leah: Good luck to you, too! If you do have to switch to Femara next cycle, it should eliminate the CM issue. I know with Femara there was a greater abundance of the good stuff! That's a common complaint with Clomid and can actually be a factor that prevents conception. I think you'll like the Femara better. Hopefully, you don't need it, though!
Me 23, DH 25, TTC 2 years,BFP 10/4, MC 10/8, waiting to try again

roxypam replied to Leah25Brooke2's response:
Leah i think that O'ing earlier this month is a really good thing for you too, it's a good sign, so try not to stress. And also Clomid is know for drying up CM, but you did have some as you said, even if you BD the day after i think you are covered. As far as the testing, i usually test when my period is late, like a day after it was supposed to show up. Those last month i haven't tested because i didn't want to see another BFN. This month i'm supposed to test 10/24 which is 14dpiui, but i'm so scarred that i say to myself i will test the next Monday 10/29 if AF doesn't show up. That's my way to have less stress.
Me(30)DH(38)TTC 18 mths.2rounds 50mg clomid.Ovulated but BFN.Sent to RE, 1st round of Femara 5mg (3-7) Ovidrel

Leah25Brooke2 replied to sproutkm's response:
Good luck! It's so hard not to read into symptoms. I am so bad at just relaxing and going with the flow!

Mrs, I know what you mean! I am such a psycho (lol) about when did we BD? Is it just right or what? Hopefully we can tonight and then maybe I won't be so nervous.. but then I will probably be reading into all my symptoms... ha!

Maragayle, Thanks! I am positive the femara would be a good thing, but hoping it doesn't come to that point. On my own when I actually starting Oing, I had great abdundant CM. But I think my LP was too short - it was 9 days sometimes, with Clomid its 11-12. So at least it's progress.

Roxy, you're right! It is a good sign and I shouldn't stress too much. I'm really hopeful for this round since it seems like a good one. I think you and I will test around the same time if you wait until Monday. With my LP at 12 days, my period is actually due next Friday the 26th, but I'm like you, I'm going to try and wait it out and see if I can make it till the 28th (Sunday) if AF hasn't come.

Good luck everyone!

DJ3122 responded:
Good luck Leah, Mrs62610, roxy, sproutkm !!! The 2ww is frustrating i know but it is kinda exciting too. Coz u r looking fwd for that BFP. Wishing u guys all the luck. Will have u all in my prayers!!

Leah25Brooke2 replied to DJ3122's response:
Thanks!!

Helpful Tips

Want to read "discussions" only?
Well that's easy too, on the left hand side you see many links one of them is "discussions", click on it and you'll only see the ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 23 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.