Skip to content
planning for 3rd round of iui
ntgps posted:
Hi I am ttc from past 2.5 years but failed to become pregnant...took clomid for 6 months but of no use ...went to fertility center they did all the test of myself and husband and told everything looks fine ...and told may be sperm unable to swim beyond cervical mucus and suggested iui will help........ done with with 2 rounds of iui (clomid +ovidrel) now...for first round of iui i became pregnant but miscarried at 12th week...so .tried for second iui but failed...now dr says to go for 3rd round of iui but feel realllllyy scared because dont know what to do if it fails...no plan for IVF as it is costly procedure....i dont know where the problem lies...fertility centers only look out for iui and ivf but dont try to figure out where problem lies....also want to know if i can try a chance by using any lubricant...badly ttc
Totally frustated

Leah25Brooke2 responded:
Sorry about the miscarriage, thats so sad. There are things to help with CM, I think it's called like Fertile CM - sold by early pregnancy tests.com They say it's suppose to be similar to natural fertile CM. I've never used it, but if this round doesn't work, I just might give it a try.
Me(26)DH(29)DD(3.5) TTC 2nd- 15 mos, 1st round of clomid 50mg - BFN, 2nd - MC, 3rd- BFN. Tried naturally 6mos, 4th round 100mg Clomid - BFN, 5th round Clomid 100mg - on 2ww, test 10/28

ntgps replied to Leah25Brooke2's response:
Thankyou Leah...i dont know whether CM is a factor but sure will give it a try if the 3rd round doesnt work....

ntgps replied to ntgps's response:
Also one more question to any one who had success with iui....the first time i got pregnant(but ended with unfortunate m/c) with iui the procedure was done at 36th hour after i took ovidrel injection and second time i had iui it was done at 28th hour after i took injection does that makes any difference?also my first iui was done on day 14 i took injection on day 12th but for second i took it on day 14 and iui was done on day 15..does that makes difference?

Spotlight: Member Stories

I stopped taking Birth control June 2011. After a year of no success of getting pregnant and and thinking i was not ovulating(i took the test and neve...More

Helpful Tips

Want to read "discussions" only?
Well that's easy too, on the left hand side you see many links one of them is "discussions", click on it and you'll only see the ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 23 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.