Skip to content
Dreaded PMS
mrs62610 posted:
Well "the girls" hurt now. It started last night just before bed. They are a little more sore this morning but not as bad as they usually are. I also woke up in the middle of the night with some cramping that only lasted a minute or so. I know not to count myself out until I test, but I'm still figuring this cycle is probably gonna turn out like the previous ones. I have decided though that we are going to do one more round this year before we take a break, then start back up January/February.
Me-24 DH-37 TTC 1st for 18 months. 3 rounds of Clomid all BFN's. On 4th round Femara, second IUI. Started Thyroid meds this cycle. Blood test 10/18

roxypam responded:
Good Idea not to count yourself out until you test. All i can wish you is that it works for you even if you think this cycle will probably turn around like the previous ones. I used to have PMS symptoms with Clomid, sore boobs... But this cycle i'm feeling nothing and i'm also scarred it didn't work. I have one more week to go and find out what the verdict is. Ughhhh.
Good luck.
Me(30)DH(38)TTC 18 mths.2rounds 50mg clomid.Ovulated but BFN.Sent to RE, 1st round of Femara 5mg (3-7) Ovidrel

mrs62610 replied to roxypam's response:
Thanks! I didn't have ANY PMS symptoms until last night and I thought that was great, but now I'm not sure what to think. I texted DH and he is going to pick some HPT's for me. I have one at home but will need more for next cycle, or on the off chance I do get a BFP, I will want to use another test! Haha

Feeling nothing could be good! Are you going for a blood test or testing at home?
Me-24 DH-37 TTC 1st for 18 months. 3 rounds of Clomid all BFN's. On 4th round Femara, second IUI. Started Thyroid meds this cycle. Blood test 10/18

roxypam replied to mrs62610's response:
This is funny. Now i'm having lower back pain, i keep moving on my chair at work trying to find the best position...
Well let's see you never know with those symptoms. They can mean anything BFP or BFN, i've learned not to read into them even if it is almost impossible.
The RE office told me to test at home and call them with the result. I'm supposed to test 10/24.
Me(30)DH(38)TTC 18 mths.2rounds 50mg clomid.Ovulated but BFN.Sent to RE, 1st round of Femara 5mg (3-7) Ovidrel

maragayle replied to mrs62610's response:
My boobs hurt SOOOO bad when I was pregnant/before I knew it was a BFP. I practically beheaded DH whenever he reached for them. So, tender breasts aren't necessarily a bad sign. Best of luck! Let us know how it goes!
Me 23, DH 25, TTC 2 years,BFP 10/4, MC 10/8, waiting to try again

mrs62610 replied to roxypam's response:
Good luck! I wish there were more definitive signs!

mrs62610 replied to maragayle's response:
I know it can be good too but I have them EVERY 2ww, it just depends on the day. Sometimes it starts 3DPO and one time it was 13DPO! I was crushed when they finally started hurting because I was telling DH, "YAY, my boobs don't hurt, no PMS!!!" Also, I figure some say they don't start hurting until after a BFP so I thought how could I be so lucky to have symptoms so early?!

I understand it could still go either way but since I'm so close to testing I guess I'm just subconsciously trying to prepare myself for a BFN. What DPO did yours start hurting?

roxypam replied to mrs62610's response:
Thanks.

Leah25Brooke2 replied to mrs62610's response:
I wouldn't count it out yet. Like Mara said, boobs hurting and occassional cramping could be a good sign, you never know! How many DPO are you? When are you going to take a HPT?
Me(26)DH(29)DD(3.5) TTC 2nd- 15 mos, 1st round of clomid 50mg - BFN, 2nd - MC, 3rd- BFN. Tried naturally 6mos, 4th round 100mg Clomid - BFN, 5th round Clomid 100mg - on 2ww, test 10/28

mrs62610 replied to Leah25Brooke2's response:
I'm 12DPO today, I go for a blood test Thursday but I was entertaining the idea of doing a HPT tomorrow morning.

Leah25Brooke2 replied to mrs62610's response:
I would. But then again, I love POAS. And if it was a BFN, I'd rather find out at home then on the phone with someone else.
I will be hoping and praying for you.
Me(26)DH(29)DD(3.5) TTC 2nd- 15 mos, 1st round of clomid 50mg - BFN, 2nd - MC, 3rd- BFN. Tried naturally 6mos, 4th round 100mg Clomid - BFN, 5th round Clomid 100mg - on 2ww, test 10/28

mrs62610 replied to Leah25Brooke2's response:
I will test in the morning, I even set out the test so I don't forget. I used to love POAS but I am beginning to think I will never see that second line, so I almost dread it nowadays. Thanks for the prayers, I have alot of non-TTC related stress right now and I could use some prayers. I'll let you know how the test comes out in the morning.

mrs62610 replied to mrs62610's response:
As I suspected, BFN. I'm considering stopping the progesterone today so I don't have to wait as long for AF. We'll see.....

maragayle replied to mrs62610's response:
Sorry to hear!

I'm even more of an advocate for waiting to test since we got our BFP earlier this month. My first test was CD28 and was a BFN. My second test was CD35 and that's when I finally saw the BFP. Testing too early gives inaccurate results. Maybe there's still hope for Thursday?

RE breast tenderness. You'll know when it's from pregnancy. I get tenderness when AF is coming on, too, but it was a million times worse when it was a pregnancy symptom. At least for me, they were completely different pains.
Me 23, DH 25, TTC 2 years,BFP 10/4, MC 10/8, waiting to try again

Leah25Brooke2 replied to maragayle's response:
Mrs, sorry.. but like maragayle said.. maybe theres still hope?

Maragayle, how many DPO were you when you got your BFN vs BFP?

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Heather and I am 28 years old. My husbands name is Rick and he is 37. We were married July 19, 2008. We have been TTC since that day! We lo...More

Helpful Tips

Want to change font size?
It is easy to make the font bigger press and hold your control key and click on the + key until it's as big as you like, To make the ... More
Was this Helpful?
17 of 30 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.