Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
game on...
att76 posted:
Went in for my CD 12 u/s. I have 2 good sized follicles on the right side (both measured 21 cm). I will do my trigger shot tonight at 9:00 and do the IUI Friday morning. Then start the progestrone Sunday...can't wait!!

The RE talked to me about what would happen if this wouldn't happen. I told him I haven't really talked to DH about it, but I would like to move on to IVF. He said they are usually shut down over the holidays so we would probably start in Jan. 2013. All of this could be a mute point if we get our BFP this time. However, I don't want to be unprepared if we get a BFN. The nurse told me we could take two months off and start in Jan. or we could do the birth control pills in November, but have a longer cycle of them (through Dec.). I would probalby just start in January and have the two months off.

How is everyone else in their cycles?
Me(36), DH(37), TTC 23 months,IUI 10/26 (letrozole 5 mg), test 11/9

sproutkm responded:
well so far all positive thought, hope the best for you

mrs62610 responded:
Yay for 2 follicles! I hope you don't have to do IVF but I totally understand wanting to be prepared. I'm right there with you!

I'm on the Femara, CD4. Going next Wednesday for my U/S. I'll be done with Femara on Saturday and Sunday I start Bravelle. One shot per day for 3 days then see how the follicles look. If they look good then I do the Ovidrel, if not I have 2 more days of Bravelle.
Me-24 DH-37 TTC 1st for 18 months. 3 rounds of Clomid all BFN's. On 5th round Femara, 3rd IUI. Adding FSH injections this cycle. Started on thyroid meds. Follicle check on 10/31

maragayle responded:
Hooray for 2 follicles! Hopefully this cycle will be the last for you! Having time off from TTC around the holidays wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing! You could just relax and enjoy what will hopefully be your last childless Christmas with DH and family! Kids are amazing, but those moments with just the two of you are precious, too. Savor them!

I'm still waiting. No signs of O yet judging by my CM/lack of O pains. That's fine since DH is gone until Friday night anyway! We're not officially trying yet, so I'm just waiting for my body to do its thing. The RE said to wait until next Friday, then I can medically induce AF if she hasn't come on her own. They said to get BW first to confirm that there's no pregnancy, but that seems like a waste of time and money when I know I haven't Od. I may just take the pills and skip the BW. It would be faster that way.
Me 23, DH 25, TTC 2 years,BFP 10/4, MC 10/8, waiting to try again

Leah25Brooke2 responded:
Yay! Glad you have two great follicles! Hopefully this will be the last cycle for you!

I'm 10 DPO and starting to have cramps again (last was 6&7 DPO) they come and go and aren't bad.. but I'm expecting AF friday. My infertility is actually the side effect of a medication I have to take for a disorder I have.. can't do without the med. But I've met with the Dr and before doing more fertility treatments, if I'm not pregnant from my fifth round of clomid we're going to just switch meds to something that doesn't impair fertility. So I'm debating as to whether switch the med AND do femara.. or just switch the med, hopefully get rid of the infertility and conceive on my own like I have before. We'll see.. really hoping this round works so I don't have to worry about all that! It's such a pain to titrate meds.
Me(26)DH(29)DD(3.5) TTC 2nd- 15 mos, 1st round of clomid 50mg - BFN, 2nd - MC, 3rd- BFN. Tried naturally 6mos, 4th round 100mg Clomid - BFN, 5th round Clomid 100mg - on 2ww, test 10/28

att76 replied to mrs62610's response:
So is the Bravelle to help create more follicles or what is that used for? With all the ttc lingo and meds being talked about, that is one I haven't heard...go figure!!

Well good luck and be thinking..."lots of follicles, lots of follicles!"

I'll be praying for the same for you!!

att76 replied to maragayle's response:
DH and I have talked about all the things we do since we don't have kids. Being able to just "go" is wonderful sometimes. However, having to worry about or take more time to get ready to go wouldn't be so bad!

Well that sucks that there are no signs of Oing yet. I was hoping you would have enough meds "built up" in your system that you would have Oed on your own. Although if DH is out of town maybe it is for the best!

It does seem like a waste of time and money to test when you haven't been having O symptoms. Well, whatever happens hang in there! Hopefully you will be surprised and O on your own, but late!!

att76 replied to Leah25Brooke2's response:
Sorry the meds are the cause of your infertiliy. I don't know what is worse, knowing what is causing the infertility and not being able to do much about it or not knowing what the cause is! I guess either way sucks!!

Like you though, I have many decisions to make within the next 2 weeks. I doubt DH will want to go on with what we have been doing, but I don't want to put words in his mouth either.

Hopefully we won't have to worry about making the decisions for the next month....hopefully we will have our BFPs!!

DJ3122 responded:
Thats great !! Wish u all the luck in the world..will be hoping for u

mrs62610 replied to att76's response:
Yes, basically. Bravelle is the FSH hormone. It does what Femara does just a little differently and with a different hormone. They have said that everything seems to be going well during each cycle and maybe tweaking things just a little might make a difference. I have read that it can cause more eggs to be released but I'm not really worried about it. The NP said that if I have too many mature follicles the IUI would be cancelled.

It would be my luck though that I would have 3 or 4 mature follicles and they would ALL ovulate and they would all take naturally! I think I'll worry about that if or when it ever happens!
Me-24 DH-37 TTC 1st for 18 months. 3 rounds of Clomid all BFN's. On 5th round Femara, 3rd IUI. Adding FSH injections this cycle. Started on thyroid meds. Follicle check on 10/31

Leah25Brooke2 replied to att76's response:
I think it's easier knowing what it is, and having a fixable solution. I've actually had two children, but lost the first baby. I don't talk about that much.. don't want the story all over the internet. But anyways, I know that my fertility naturally is fine.. it's a pain to switch my meds, but if thats what I have to do.. at least I have a solution, ya know?

I hope you get your BFP this month.. hopefully you won't have to go to IVF but if that happens, I wish you luck there, too.

I tested today at 10 DPO with a FRER.. and swore I saw a faint line.. it showed up within a minute.. but was gone after 10 minutes.. it was really faint.. I think I may have just been imagining things LOL. I will test tomorrow and the next day and see. The only thing thats been different this cycle is the cramping was really early at 6DPO.. then abruptly stopped.. then had a little today but not much like usual with AF.. and the CM I've been having is abundant and white and creamy. So we'll see....

Well, good luck hun.. I wish you the best! Keep us posted!
Me(26)DH(29)DD(3.5) TTC 2nd- 15 mos, 1st round of clomid 50mg - BFN, 2nd - MC, 3rd- BFN. Tried naturally 6mos, 4th round 100mg Clomid - BFN, 5th round Clomid 100mg - on 2ww, test 10/28

deliela999 replied to mrs62610's response:
Good luck! I got my BFP on my first cycle of femara, gonal-f (FSH) and a trigger shot, but no IUI with my RE. At my first OB visit he said it was the FSH that was the "heavy hitter".

att76 replied to mrs62610's response:
My RE did mention doing hormone shots (FSH & HCG) but he hasn't done them in a year. He also said it can cause a lot of follicles which is how the couple in Iowa got there sextuplets or how ever many they had. He told me it was an old school method (for him any way) and he found going on to IVF was a money saver in the long run. He also told me that since I have a history of endometreosis so the sooner we can get going the better!

Anyway, good luck with the new plan. I hope it works for you!!

att76 replied to Leah25Brooke2's response:
First off, sorry about the lose of your baby. I don't blame you for not talking about it and having it all over the internet!

I wouldn't count yourself out until you see AF!!! You are only a few days away from "test day" so don't count yourself out just yet!

Thanks for the luck! I think we all could use some of that!!

mrs62610 replied to deliela999's response:
Thanks, that gives me more hope!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I live in the UK with my DH and we have just finished our 3rd unsuccessful IVF....( I also did 1 once before with ex) So after 4 IVF failure's I&#...More

Helpful Tips

Want to change font size?
It is easy to make the font bigger press and hold your control key and click on the + key until it's as big as you like, To make the ... More
Was this Helpful?
17 of 30 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.