Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
IUI failed
roxypam posted:
Hi ladies.... I'm sending good vibes to all of you...
AF didn't even give me the time to test, she just showed up big time this morning. I threw away the last preg test i was keeping because i was so desappointed. I'm not as strong as all of you in here. I will be reading your posts but won't be as active as now... Will miss you guys.
Me(30)DH(38)TTC 18 mths.2rounds 50mg clomid.Ovulated but BFN.Sent to RE, 1st round of Femara 5mg (3-7) Ovidrel,IUI 10/10-Failed 10/24 AF showed up.

Leah25Brooke2 responded:
I'm so sorry Roxy. Hang in there. It will happen. I'm probably going to get AF too.. really feeling the cramps now.
Me(26)DH(29)DD(3.5) TTC 2nd- 15 mos, 1st round of clomid 50mg - BFN, 2nd - MC, 3rd- BFN. Tried naturally 6mos, 4th round 100mg Clomid - BFN, 5th round Clomid 100mg - on 2ww, test 10/28

maragayle responded:
Hey Roxy,

Sorry to hear about the BFN. Hang in there, though, and don't give up hope! My RE told me it takes the average woman up to six months to conceive. That's with consistent ovulation. Since this is your first IUI, it's possible that it could still work for you. You just need to be patient and give it time. It took me 4 months of Femara and consistent O to get my first BFP. Now I'm starting all over again, too. I know how hard it is. Just hang in there. It will be worth the wait in the end!
Me 23, DH 25, TTC 2 years,BFP 10/4, MC 10/8, waiting to try again

ntgps responded:
I can completely understand your feelings as i am going through the same right now.In my recent IUI AF showed the day before i planned to test.I was totally disappointed and i am not strong though.
but i tried(still trying) to convince myself.There is no medicine like hope ...it keeps you going and helps to face challenges in life and after all this is just part of life.we are not just giving up atleast trying in all possible ways and no one is perfect .There are so many lovable people around me and so much life in front of me ..i should try to be healthy rather than brooding over the things i cant get.
I know itsvery hard to convince ourself but no matter what life still goes on why not add pinch of hope. Time will heal everything but right now we should try to be strong ,keep hope(not sticking to hope) and try to live healthy.
I am sorry if i spoke anything wrong.

DJ3122 responded:
I'm sorry to hear that. Can imagine wat it feels like..but dont lose hope..it will happen..jus hang in there n Have faith in god!!

mrs62610 responded:
I'm sorry. I saw in another post that you are considering IVF in January, good luck. If this cycle doesn't work for us we may be doing that too. I hope you are able to relax during your break.
Me-24 DH-37 TTC 1st for 18 months. 3 rounds of Clomid all BFN's. On 5th round Femara, 3rd IUI. Adding FSH injections this cycle. Started on thyroid meds. Follicle check on 10/31

att76 responded:
I am so sorry for your BFN! I understand how hard it can be each and every month to get the disappointing news. AF usually doesn't give me the opportunity to test either! So I can understand how much that hurts!

I don't want to speak for all the women on here, but it is hard each and every month! For me, it really takes focus and determination (plus a lot of faith) to keep going and remain as positive and strong as possible. I have my mental breakdowns, (in fact my last was last week) and you have your "pity party" for yourself and move on. Please don't take that wrong, but I hope you understand what I am trying to tell you!!

Hang in there and try to stay strong!!
Me(36), DH(37), TTC 23 months,IUI 10/26 (letrozole 5 mg), test 11/9

roxypam replied to att76's response:
Thanks ladies... ATT76 and ntgps, none of you have said anything wrong. I totally understand.
Thanks for your encouragement ladies. At least, i have you to support me through this.
Me(30)DH(38)TTC 18 mths.2rounds 50mg clomid.Ovulated but BFN.Sent to RE, 1st round of Femara 5mg (3-7) Ovidrel,IUI 10/10-Failed 10/24 AF showed up.

Spotlight: Member Stories

35. ttc 6 months. first cycle of clomid 50 mg in august 2011

Helpful Tips

Want to read "discussions" only?
Well that's easy too, on the left hand side you see many links one of them is "discussions", click on it and you'll only see the ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 23 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.