Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Sick of seeing BFN's
Leah25Brooke2 posted:
Well ladies.. I think my fifth and last round of clomid was another bust. My period is due tomorrow and I got a BFN today. I'm not sure what the plan is after this.. I'm expecting AF tomorrow.. blah.. so sick of seeing those BFN's! I should just not test and wait for AF to show!
Me(26)DH(29)DD(3.5) TTC 2nd- 15 mos, 1st round of clomid 50mg - BFN, 2nd - MC, 3rd- BFN. Tried naturally 6mos, 4th round 100mg Clomid - BFN, 5th round Clomid 100mg - on 2ww, test 10/26

DJ3122 responded:
I'm sorry Leah..i know what it is like to see those BFN's..But dont lose hope..wait till AF actually shows up..u never know..many get their BFP few days after AF is due..so hang in there!!

maragayle responded:
Sorry to hear! I test sparingly. From this point on I think I'm going to wait until CD35 before wasting tests. Let us know what's next!
Me 23, DH 25, TTC 2 years,BFP 10/4, MC 10/8, waiting to try again

Leah25Brooke2 replied to DJ3122's response:
Thanks! I will test again next week if AF doesn't show.. I haven't had my normal cramping or bbs hurting.. but it's probably just an off cycle.. I'm pretty sure AF will show up tomorrow. Oh well!
Me(26)DH(29)DD(3.5) TTC 2nd- 15 mos, 1st round of clomid 50mg - BFN, 2nd - MC, 3rd- BFN. Tried naturally 6mos, 4th round 100mg Clomid - BFN, 5th round Clomid 100mg - on 2ww, test 10/26

Leah25Brooke2 replied to maragayle's response:
I wish I could be more like that with testing.. it's like a compulsion with me, it's so sad. I think I'm going to wait (try to) until next week if I don't get AF. Maybe my original date of Sunday because thats 14 DPO. AF always comes 12 DPO when I'm on clomid though so I'm expecting AF. My symptoms have been different this time, but it's just been a different cycle altogether.. I was hoping.. but oh well. I'm not sure if I should do the femara next month since I will be switching some other meds around to try and get rid of the infertilty.. hhhmmm.. dunno.. I will probably try naturally for awhile.

Leah25Brooke2 replied to Leah25Brooke2's response:
No AF this AM.. but theres still time for her to show her ugly face.. but this cycle just seems different.. we'll see.. Gotta work tonight so I will be up all night worrying about it. ha!

mrs62610 replied to Leah25Brooke2's response:
Sorry about the BFN, but still holding out hope for ya!
Me-24 DH-37 TTC 1st for 18 months. 3 rounds of Clomid all BFN's. On 5th round Femara, 3rd IUI. Adding FSH injections this cycle. Started on thyroid meds. Follicle check on 10/31

Leah25Brooke2 replied to mrs62610's response:
Thanks! Still no AF as of yet!

Leah25Brooke2 replied to Leah25Brooke2's response:
I'm keeping up hope. This round has felt different and I've charted all my DPO symptoms. AF shows like clockwork 12 DPO every time I've taken clomid. Yesterday was 12 DPO.. and nothing. All I'm having is right sided pains that feel like O, no AF cramping.... I'm trying not to get excited at this point. My mom yelled at me and told me to wait a week (shes had 8 kids) before testing again. I'm going to wait till Halloween if AF doesn't show. If AF doesn't show this weekend, I will pretty much know I am anyways because I KNOW I O'd.. I don't have PCOS, I've always O'd on clomid, I had a positive OPK, spotting and O pains. SO! We'll see! Pray for me!

att76 replied to Leah25Brooke2's response:
Good luck! I will be saying some prayers for you! We could use some good news on these boards!!
Me(36), DH(37), TTC 23 months,IUI 10/26 (letrozole 5 mg), test 11/9

Leah25Brooke2 replied to att76's response:
Thanks! I'm getting really hopeful! No AF and no sign of her coming.. feel good! Not testing till next week though.. got to learn some self control and how not to pee on sticks so much.

att76 replied to Leah25Brooke2's response:
Good luck and let us know how it turns out when you do POAS!!
Me(36), DH(37), TTC 23 months,IUI 10/26 (letrozole 5 mg), test 11/9

Leah25Brooke2 replied to att76's response:
Okay.. so of course.. I tested. BFN. 14 DPO. Needless to say, I am not doing well. I'm so confused and really sick of all this. This is my fifth round of clomid and I have ALWAYS.. every single time (except of course with the BFP) got AF 12 days later. LP are suppose to be constant (although I know they can at times vary slightly) But mine has been without fail of 12 DPO...AF shows up.. so now I'm on 14 DPO with absolutely no sign of AF and a BFN. I've read on sites about people not getting their BFP's until like 17 or 18 DPO.. but I'm not trying to hope that is me. I KNOW I O'd.. I had O pains, CM, positive OPK and spotting to top it off. SO WHERE IS AF??? I've been having slight cramps today.. but nothing like AF. I've been crying, etc because I was so sure when I tested I would see a BFP. What do I do? I'm going into town tomorrow.. should I just have them draw a HCG lab on me to be sure? I talked with my mom.. who is my best friend.. it's just frustrating because she really doesn't get it.. popped out 8 babies in 16 years without even trying.... sigh.. Please, someone, give me some advice.. at a real low point here because I'm so sick of this journey.. the BFN's.. and I'm just confused. I don't know what to do. Why would AF just not show? I don't have PCOS.. and I know I O'd... ???

DJ3122 replied to Leah25Brooke2's response:
I totally understand wat u must be going thru !! It is a good sign that AF hasn't shown up yet..i suggest u not to test atleast for another week..coz it is disheartening to see those BFN's everytime..in the meantime may be u should call ur doc/nurse and find out if u need the blood test for HCG..and since u r saying that u r sure that u O'd..thr is definitely still hope!! Hang in there..will pray for u..good luck!!

Leah25Brooke2 replied to DJ3122's response:
Thanks DJ.. I appreciate it. I've calmed down lol, sorry about the rant. I am so horrible about testing, I test too much. I am seriously, seriously, just going to try and be patient. I am out of pregnancy tests (haha of course) except I do have some really cheap ones.. but my family told me to calm down (yes!) and wait awhile. It's just so hard to be patient when you've been wanting something for so long! I've been TTC for 15 months but wanting another baby (badly) for 3 years now. I think I'm even going to hold off calling about HCG..because if it's negative, I hate hearing it from someone else. I did O I know.. and AF is late.. so I know there is still hope.. I was just being a little nutty. haha. Thanks for the reassurance.

Spotlight: Member Stories

HEELLLLPPPPP!!!!! I'm trying not to get depressed or give up!!!!! I'm 39yrs old, my DH is 37. We've been trying for 2yrs. Found out last y...More

Helpful Tips

Want to change font size?
It is easy to make the font bigger press and hold your control key and click on the + key until it's as big as you like, To make the ... More
Was this Helpful?
17 of 30 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.