Skip to content
finally starting something
sproutkm posted:
so my peroid still has not started the doc called me yesterday and he is putting me on provera(?) to start my peroid anybody been on it? i am concerned cuz i typically have pretty light peroid i have a feeling this is gonna make me heavy, i take it for 10 days the doc said its good to stay on in for the 10 days even though my peroid might start on day 1 or 2 cux it cleans out your uterus. and then he is starting me on 100 mg of clomid when i have been on 50 mg, i am thinking of asking him about femera. so will i be on clomid and this provera at the same time? thats kind of scary. need some advice.

mrs62610 responded:
Provera doesn't necessarily make you have a heavier period. It's different for everyone. I have never heard of anyone taking the provera and Clomid at the same time. If you are worried about it I would call them and explain your concerns. I only took provera a couple times and it was quite awhile ago, so I don't remember alot. Let me know how it works out! Good luck!
Me-24 DH-37 TTC 1st for 18 months. 3 rounds of Clomid all BFN's. On 5th round Femara, 3rd IUI. Adding FSH injections this cycle. Started on thyroid meds. Follicle check on 10/31

DJ3122 responded:
I agree with Mrs!! Provera doesn't necessarily cause u to have a heavier period..but u never know..coz each one's body is different..i have used provera to induce period a couple of times..and as per what i've read and experienced with provera u have wthdrawal bleeding..so ur period should start after u stop taking the provera..and then u start taking the clomid..so dont worry u should be fine

sproutkm replied to DJ3122's response:
oh thank you that make sense. i was just concerned if i started it and day 5 i start my peroid and i had to start clomid on day 5 if that would work. thank you ladies now i am concerned on how the rx cost because my medical insurance sucks.

Leah25Brooke2 replied to sproutkm's response:
Yes taking Clomid and Provera together would be fine, if you start your period while still taking the Provera. That's what I did for my first and third rounds of Clomid. My dr said to take the provera, and if my period started while I was taking it, to start taking the clomid at the right time, even if I was still taking provera.
Me(26)DH(29)DD(3.5) TTC 2nd- 15 mos, 1st round of clomid 50mg - BFN, 2nd - MC, 3rd- BFN. Tried naturally 6mos, 4th round 100mg Clomid - BFN, 5th round Clomid 100mg - on 2ww, test 10/26

maragayle replied to sproutkm's response:
I take Provera for 5 days instead of 10...1 tablet, twice daily. I think it makes AF come quicker and you get taking the medication over with. Because of that schedule, I don't take the meds simultaneously.
Me 23, DH 25, TTC 2 years,BFP 10/4, MC 10/8, waiting to try again

sproutkm responded:
picked it up last night it was only $4!

maragayle replied to sproutkm's response:
Nice! I think I pay $3 and change for mine. Definitely nice when you find a CHEAP medication!
Me 23, DH 25, TTC 2 years,BFP 10/4, MC 10/8, waiting to try again

sproutkm replied to maragayle's response:
know right espiacially in the infertility field.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Tara, I am 27, my hubby-Aaron is 25,. We got married 4/3/09 TTC since Jan , I have 2 little girls they are 9 & 7, started clomid at 50m...More

Helpful Tips

Want to read "discussions" only?
Well that's easy too, on the left hand side you see many links one of them is "discussions", click on it and you'll only see the ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 23 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.